PDA

View Full Version : The African Queen

rfoxden
01-24-2005, 12:49 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-24-2005/38201_email_elephant.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: The African Queen
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 13x14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
My son finished this piece for his second year art class. He's 16 and has been dabbling in pencil, pen & ink, scratchboard, colored pencil, and acrylics. This has been his best thus far and we'd welcome any constructive criticism you may have. One mistake we already know he made was to center the elephant too high on the paper, but live and learn is my motto! The attached photo has embedded Foxy on it...my son's nickname, as a copyright protection, so that we could send it email to family and friends.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any and all constructive feedback is welcomed. How else can he learn?

LisaArt
01-24-2005, 01:19 PM
No Crits..Amazing,
Your son is extremely talented..Hope he pursues this gift in life. :clap:

Wayne Gaudon
01-24-2005, 01:55 PM
:clap: :clap:

Dana Design
01-24-2005, 02:36 PM
I see nothing to criticize here. This is a wonderful drawing and I hope he pursues his artistic bent. Very good!

Gilberte
01-24-2005, 04:15 PM
wow
wow
wow
almost like digital manipulation ..........
Ever soooooooooooo good !

rfoxden
01-24-2005, 04:21 PM
wow
wow
wow
almost like digital manipulation ..........
Ever soooooooooooo good !

Only thing I did digitally for him was to add the nicknames to hopefully protect it from copying. Now I'm trying to get him motivated to start his next drawing...can be tough!

chammi kaiser
01-24-2005, 04:33 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: You have one talented kid. Super. I have seen many elephants in my life and this is just great. Tell him to just keep on keeping on .
Chammi

auswiki
01-24-2005, 06:11 PM
This is fantastic! I love the colour and the realism of the piece. I thought at first it was a photo.
Nuture that talent. :clap:

pero lane
01-25-2005, 11:12 AM
Excellant work!!! You've got a really talented kid there!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rieko
01-25-2005, 03:26 PM
It's amazing to see his work!!! How talented your son is! I hope too that he will pursuit his gifted talent.

rfoxden
01-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for all the feedback on Jacob's elephant drawing. He's not a very excitable person, but I can tell his self confidence is getting a nice boost. And wonders of wonders, it's even getting my "I can't draw" 2nd son interested in trying some type of art. I've always believed that everyone has some type of art talent, they just need to find it. There's nothing more rewarding than seeing or hearing other people's reaction to a piece of work you've done. Right? Thanks again and love the site! :clap: