MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-23-2005/18021_Oaken....jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Oaken
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: A nap
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:

Dhuot
01-24-2005, 12:57 AM
A nap under a red tree, isn`t that romanti....

Tam, the colours look so diluted, that it gives the impression of water.
......painted on a wave ........splash ! It`s gone...

Now, I can see that you are starting to make your blues as nice as your greens...
Nice light in that piece, but tell us the dimension of it !!! AAARRRGHH !

Tu as passé une belle fin de semaine ??

Daniel

Frida200
01-24-2005, 01:46 AM
mmmmmmhhh...
it's in the water, dans l'eau...
:music:

she's sleeping in his arms, he's watching over her.
Nice and warm.

Claudia

LisaArt
01-24-2005, 04:15 AM
Hi Tam,
Oh Romance, I feel the support for each other here and the protection from the beautiful red tree.
Love the colour harmony here and application. I really did not think it was oil. Blending looks so smooth. And colours bleeding into each other very nicely. Bravo :clap:

jerryW
01-24-2005, 04:18 AM
nice acorns

haaf
01-24-2005, 05:51 AM
Tam
under a tree like that you feel the one-ness.

colors gorgous, specially top third
oak reads somewhat flat

Been there
Caroline ;)

laketrees
01-24-2005, 07:05 AM
Ahhh Tamana....."The Tree of Life...or is it.. the Garden of Eden?......." :clap:
Cheers Kim

wishyouwerehere
01-24-2005, 08:39 AM
a very dreamy and warm painting.....excellent mood creation

sue
www.ayoubart.com

Rieko
01-24-2005, 01:14 PM
Snuggled up under the oak tree... looks comfortable and dreamy. I like the way you treated the canvas; almost like a watercolor with such beautiful colors.

Spyderbabe
01-24-2005, 01:23 PM
Golden city still on the hill.
Tam I wish you would give us the dimensions. Sometimes size does matter.
Happy Valentines Day!

Wayne Gaudon
01-24-2005, 01:53 PM
a lot of moments to discover .. exceptional coloring .. beautiful piece of work.

katelynalain
01-24-2005, 03:35 PM
calm, peaceful, and heartwarming. agree..nice blue! symbolic and sweet. may their love grow tall and press to the sky, and their roots reach deep into the soil. they are the tree itself.

dawnell
01-24-2005, 03:52 PM
exquisite blend of colors. It makes me feel happy and a touch of sorrow. I thought it was painted on wood at first.

:)

Gilberte
01-24-2005, 03:59 PM
Tree hugging
or
hugging under the tree.

Comme vous voulez ! Feels warm and comforting.

chammi kaiser
01-24-2005, 04:43 PM
:wave: This is so tender. Love the colours. Chammi.

brushstroked
01-24-2005, 05:42 PM
I think you know by now that this is my favorite style of yours. It seems to be spun from the finest silk. It begs to be whisked across the skin. I saw this piece earlier today, and since then (without realizing the connection) I've been singing in my head:

:music: Don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me
Anyone else but me, anyone else but me
No! No! No!
Don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me
Till I come marchin' home :music:

(Glenn Miller, I believe.)

I like the way you've chosen the back-to-back supporting position of the two figures. I figured out this weekend that being loved by someone who's "got your back" may not be such a bad thing. :)

Please do more of these.....

Artistanne
01-24-2005, 05:52 PM
i see ghosts dancing around the figures under the tree, very liquid feel to this one

YLCIA
01-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Together, shared love being gentle in touch to each other but oaky strong to the outside effects:)

Julia

Quiet
01-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Um. . . why is there a butt under the tree?

Okay, I see the figures, but only because other people mentioned them. Their bodies are so lightly drawn in compared to the tree and the heads that I couldn’t see them.

I still think the tree is mooning me! ;-)

I like what you have done with texture of the image, especially how it is smoothed in the highlights.

Are you thinking of doing more figurative pieces?

Tamana
01-25-2005, 11:19 PM
Gee guys; thanks so much for all the positive feedback and helpful suggestions and guidance; means muchly to me.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Danielson; Le' nap indeed! Water painted on a wave; I like that a lot - sploosh it's gone then here again like a wave rising and falling under the ocean's breathing. Sorreeeeee!! She's 15 x 12 (they ALL ARE (thought I'd said that before (working from a book page by page))). I see it's time to study my French. :D Thank you, my friend. :)

Claudia!! MMMMMWWWAHS!!! Warm like a nice drawn bath. :) Thank you for that - I feel sleeepy just thinking about it. :angel:

Leeeeesah!! Romance izz how you say...in ze air, no?! ;) She's all oil!! Love, support and protection is a wonderful feeling and makes me happy you derive such from looking. Love your words. Thank you. :)

Jerry; OMG!! (lol)

Caroline; One-ness would be VERY accurate. Even alone a person can feel that with the earth by laying against a tree; she hums her own energy from being deeply set within it herself. I thought a flat tree would be more comfortable for them than a uneven round one. ;) :D Thank you muchly, ma'am.

Kim; Cheers to you too!!! I think it could be BOTH!!! :D Maybe each one represents the other. It's your vision; take it to the top cause I love reading it. :) Thank you so much!

Sue; Dreamy and warm is an excellent view. :) Thank you for feeling. :)

Rieko; Thank you so much for those words. You know many seem surprised that it's oil but it's 100% such. Only tried watercolor a few times in mixed-media but liked it okay - I'll delve into it one day. :) Appreciate you looking and saying.

Kathleen; Sorreeeeeeee!! Thought I had already on the other ones. She's 15 x 12 (the entire series is that size). Golden indeed...like a mirage in a dry world. Thank you always for your words. They mean a lot. :)

*oops, too long for one response!!*

Tamana
01-25-2005, 11:20 PM
*Continued from up there ^ ;) *

Wayne; Wow!! I nailed one in your eyes!! Thank you MUCHLY!! :D A lot of moments to discover is beautiful and hopeful considering moments never run out. Thank you. :)

Katelyn!!! :D HUGS!!!

calm, peaceful, and heartwarming. agree..nice blue! symbolic and sweet. may their love grow tall and press to the sky, and their roots reach deep into the soil. they are the tree itself.

What a BEAUTIFUL thing to see, feel, and pray. :) Thank you SO MUCH.

Dawnell; :) What beautiful words you always have to express. I always enjoy reading them. You're not the only one that thought it was wood; but it's paper indeed; well, I 'spose that is wood to an degree, hey? ;)

MADAME!!! MMMMWAHS!!! I've missed you! :D Let them do BOTH!!! I say why not?! ;) What a lovely thing to feel, Madame!! Thank you VERY much!

Chammi; Tender is so lovely - I appreciate that muchly. :) Thank you.

Sisssseeeee...Okay okay Laura; ;) I remember and LOVE that song!!! I'm glad you like the style; just now delving into and experimenting with her. She feels like a cleansing positive in much dark right now so I'm grateful for the inspiration of the muse and the blessing of art. The beauty about someone who's got your back is that you can't see them and you think you're alone; and when you turn and see they've had you all the time it moves your heart to a different place deeper below than I think it's ever beaten before. Thank you much for your words, ma'am. :)

Anne!! Thank you for your insights. Always enjoy seeing what you see. Liquid is good; I'm a water baby. :)

J'wels!!!! So GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK!! And on your feet too. What a BEAUTIFUL response!! Thank you so much for those wonderful words and for your return. :)

Quiet; LOLOL!!! Okay!! Between you and Jerry point taken!! Actually, Molly (over in abs) suggested some things and I redid a tad by darkening the values etc. But not MUCH because I don't want to lose this effect or the magic it produces in real life (which will never be seen on a screen I'm afraid). Actually I really do love figurative work, yes. It comes natural for me - never had a model and never drawn from a book or photo - always from my heart and how I feel it would look. I appreciate the positives on this, eg: the texture, hightlights et al. Thank you muchly for your imput.

Thanks everyone for your sharing your time and words; means a great deal in a busy world.

Shalom.

Dhuot
01-25-2005, 11:33 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Danielson; Le' nap indeed! Water painted on a wave; I like that a lot - sploosh it's gone then here again like a wave rising and falling under the ocean's breathing. Sorreeeeee!! She's 15 x 12 (they ALL ARE (thought I'd said that before (working from a book page by page))). I see it's time to study my French. :D Thank you, my friend. :)

Oh !! For the french, it was " Did you have a nice weekend " ( You didn`t get that ?? LOL )

So, Tam , is it going to be lika a " painted Diary " ???

And are the pages " detached " ??

Bonne Idée

Tamana
01-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Oui!! The pages are "detached". (<-- seems so ominous in quotation marks!!) :)
They're much easier to matte and frame that way. Doing the entire book was tricky as you couldn't turn the page. (<-- learned the hard way :D)

Diary of the Heart, I 'spose. :)

Sorry for my lagging French!! :( I should be studying harder. Thank you for asking. :)

eeep!!! I need to edit something I said to Quiet about not ever drawing from a photo!!! I did a couple of portraits of friends from pics they posted on the net!!! I was referring to all my other figurative work!!!