PDA

View Full Version : More Beads (From A Galaxy Far, Far Away)

wonderwoman
01-23-2005, 09:51 PM
Here's another pic that inspired a bead... accidentally. I didn't set out to translate photo to bead, and failed to notice the resemblance until leafing through the magazine (with an ever-present pile of beads within close proximity). Same with the horsehead nebula beads...

Anyways, here's the picture; the streaks at the top of the sky are meteors, or "shooting stars".
The resulting bead is made with Effetre glass and silver wire.

-Dianna

nicker
01-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Dianna that is yummy! I really like it! Where are you again?

wonderwoman
01-23-2005, 10:10 PM
This one is a mystery... I was making a bead, when my husband came into the room to ask me a question, a 45 minute conversation ensued, which distracted me from everything but occasionally heating and reheating the bead. I guess it was overcooked to some extent-- it looked pretty gross on the mandrel... I didn't even clean up the end, figuring it was a writeoff. I stuffed it in the kiln, and promptly forgot about it. I collected the beads the next day... and was pleasantly surprised!

Ever seen the Northern Lights? I was fortunate enough to see aurora borealis for 3 consecutive nights, during a camping trip about 20 years ago. I gazed at them for hours each night, savoring the experience. Luckily, we were miles from civilization (no light pollution)...

Here are 3 views of the same bead, which I've dubbed 'Aurora'.

wonderwoman
01-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Nicole, I'm an hour's drive from Nanaimo...

Paul Katherman
01-23-2005, 11:31 PM
That Galaxy bead is so cool. I really really like that. Great job.

AVCKimberly
01-23-2005, 11:36 PM
:::::::faint:::::: If only my "mistakes" turned out so beautiful!!!!!!!

nicker
01-23-2005, 11:41 PM
If you are down this way let me know we can meet up!

richsantaclaus
01-24-2005, 12:38 AM
NO is such thing as a mistake, only an opportunity for exploring the future!

You may quote me if you want...lol

chroma
01-24-2005, 07:33 AM
Very cool. . . sometimes accidents can turn out to be a good thing!
bj

wonderwoman
01-25-2005, 04:07 AM
To quote Thomas Edison: "I haven't failed 10,000 times; I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."

I'll categorize the beads as 'unexpected' rather than 'accidental'... here's yet another example. I made only one of these... I was experimenting for the 'witchcraft' challenge, and got the coolest pattern on my bead... unexpectedly!

I think it looks like tiny purple kisses decorate the bead...

-Dianna