PDA

View Full Version : Torchin' Again!

amealer
01-23-2005, 06:16 PM
I got my Minor set up again last weekend and have been making beads all week, and having LOTS of fun! I finally got around to taking some pictures today; this is my first pictures in almost 2 months, so please forgive my being a thread hog!

The first picture is an assortment of beads made with stained glass (ideas from Kate Drew-Wilkinson's video). I'm particularly pleased with the tube beads; I've admired those done by others and have been practicing.

The second picture is an assortment of those tube beads I've been doing for practice! These are all made with Moretti glass.

The third picture is an assortment of bicones and a barrel and a pressed "rectangle/lentil" in the upper right done with a set of "Target ice tongs". Unfortunately, this all the color I've been able to get using Raku frit! I heated and marvered on an aluminum marver (don't have a brass one...) and this is as good as it got. Maybe when its annealed....

The fourth picture is a set done in stained glass, also. Not sure what to do with it...bracelet and earrings, necklace...any suggestions?

Thanks for all the encouragement I've gotten in the past...I've learned an incredible amount from this group. Maybe I can return the favor one day.

sislonski
01-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Good work Allen!

Love the different color combinations.
Raku? Haven't figured that one out myself yet either but I think that you have to be patient and work it in the torch for quite some time. Keep practising and trying different things.

Nice tubes, doing pretty good so far....

shari

KetchikanSculptor
01-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Looks like you have some pretty wonderful beads there Allen! I really LOVE the blue bicone tube bead! Very pretty indeed!

Shawn T.
01-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Allen,
After all you have been through with the house fire. I am so glad to see you are torching again. I owe you a trip up to see you. I have a goodie box for you. Just some thing I thought you could use. Please let me know if there is anything special you lost that I can replace for you.
I need to share my tips and tricks for the RAKU, maybe we can have lunch?
I will be out most this week, but next week looks clear.

Love the tube beads,and the blue once are so nice and even.
Glad your back up and running, or should I say torching.
Hugs,
Shawn