PDA

View Full Version : Got a bid on ebid!

sandge
01-23-2005, 12:15 PM
This is exciting. I think this is the first bid on an ordinary ebid listing with no other special promotions running - no happy hour, no front page listing, etc.

http://boxer.ebid.co.uk/perl/objects/auction.cgi?auction=1106418614-5870-1&mo=auction

One of the nice ebid touches is that they email you to tell you when an item gets its first bid over the reserve.

:)

surreal
01-23-2005, 12:45 PM
This is exciting. I think this is the first bid on an ordinary ebid listing with no other special promotions running - no happy hour, no front page listing, etc.

http://boxer.ebid.co.uk/perl/objects/auction.cgi?auction=1106418614-5870-1&mo=auction

One of the nice ebid touches is that they email you to tell you when an item gets its first bid over the reserve.

I am happy for you, Sandra!
:D

Lady Rando
01-23-2005, 02:59 PM
The link shows the austion is either closed or deleted?

sandge
01-23-2005, 03:13 PM
The link shows the austion is either closed or deleted?
Well, in that case, I have a buyer! :D

I'm not keen on that particular characteristic of ebid, by the way. You don't seem to be able to look at closed listings which is a pain since they often contain a lot of valuable information.

Anyway, I sold one of my cafepress prints. :)

surreal
01-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Well, in that case, I have a buyer! :D

I'm not keen on that particular characteristic of ebid, by the way. You don't seem to be able to look at closed listings which is a pain since they often contain a lot of valuable information.

Anyway, I sold one of my cafepress prints. :)

Great going, Sandra!
:D

What exactly happened?
Did the auction end due to a "buy it now" feature or did it end because it ran its course?

sandge
01-23-2005, 03:21 PM
It ran its course. I did have a BIN on it but the person just placed a bid. :)

madmum
01-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Great news Sandra!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ruth

surreal
01-23-2005, 03:46 PM
It ran its course. I did have a BIN on it but the person just placed a bid. :)

This is great and a good reason to start listing on ebid again, with regularity, perhaps!

On Overstock.com, I had a buyer (my only collector there) who placed a bid on a painting; 2 days later he paid me the "make it mine" price since he got tired of waiting for the auction to end.
;)
LOL

sandge
01-23-2005, 03:58 PM
Thanks, Ruth.

Nina, LOL about your bidder getting tired of waiting. I put a BIN on for this reason. However, it is a bit redundant at the moment because Ebid has an auto repost function and I am experimenting with repeated 1 day duration listings. :)