PDA

View Full Version : self portrait - oils & palette knife

laketrees
01-23-2005, 01:45 AM
Got fed up with the serious self portrait sooo started another one............... 20 minutes later??? C & C's welcome
Cheers Kim

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Jan-2005/54304-self_portrait_black_and_white_sunday.JPG

mclean
01-23-2005, 07:25 AM
Its amazing how when you keep your palette in such a narrow temperature range, how important that warmer-colored canvas underneat becomes. It just makes it work!

Esmeralinda
01-23-2005, 09:54 AM
Hi Kim,

Great texture, I also enjoy that little warmth coming through at the right places. Wish I could have seen more of the head. Nice 20 minutes spontaneity. Did you have fun ? Did it leave out steam ?

Linda :wave:

jerryW
01-23-2005, 09:58 AM
very sexy

Mikey
01-23-2005, 01:17 PM
Kim, it's a bold experiment which I'd like to encourage, buy cannot offer any crits.

Mikey

dornberg
01-23-2005, 11:21 PM
fun to follow the value shapes

Tamana
01-24-2005, 12:21 AM
Are you wearing a hat and tux jacket over a corsette with a bowtie around your neck, Kim? ;) Reminds me of Cabaret!!!! :cool: Brave girl brave. :cool:

LisaArt
01-24-2005, 04:19 AM
Hi Kim,
Its sexy,
Sytlized and bold.
Rich in texture and I too enjoy looking at the different value shapes..
I do like the warmth of the canvas coming through.
Well done. Looked like lots of fun.
A very cool piece indeed. :cool:

laketrees
01-24-2005, 06:42 AM
Hi guys'
Thanks so much for your comments - have been busy putting myself in the grave the last few days over my Serious self portrait - and... you...all have inspired me to include this in one of my panels for my WIP!

mclean... ah yes the discipline of it all - had to take myself baaack to art school for this one and yes your work (self portrait) inspired me to pick up the old palette knife - ta heaps - (funny failed 2 years abstract art in a row cause I went to the movies all the time) :evil:

Esmeralinda.... Yes let off heaps of steam and used a ton of paint - veery expensive exercise - but a ton of fun :eek:

Jerry...My partner agrees with you ...however my mum's cousin thinks it looks like their grandmother...so got the family resemblance in there somewhere! :confused:

Mikey..Yep I keep stepping outside that square! I just hope I don't trip on the lines! :evil: :evil:

Tamana...Thanks LOL... I used to be a dancer so that's where the link is - I just loved Cabaret! I really am trying to be brave but it is a bit like bunjee jumping without the rope! :p :( :music:

Lisa... You know this is going to be one of my panels for the archie (ha ha) soooo I'm glad you like it! Kill 6 panels with one stone and all that! Maybe I can put the guinea pigs in too LOL:cat: :angel: :cool:
Cheers Kim!

wishyouwerehere
01-24-2005, 08:42 AM
i love the colour limitation - really works well

i'd love to see this painting from a distance.....

sue
www.ayoubart.com