PDA

View Full Version : got any marbles?

raynsandy
01-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Measures just over 3/4 inch (25/32 to be exact) There is a black latticinio with the same amount of orange strands forming a cage then out side of that is the yellow/red bands.

New design, latticinio ribbon core. Same cane was posted this morning. This marble measures just over 7/8 (29/32 to be precise). There is a real light sprinkling of lutz on both sides of this ribbon.

measures .76 that is just a hair over 3/4.

Enjoy your desert now that dinner is over.
Remember your napkins to wipe the drool off of your chin.

Mike E etc
01-22-2005, 08:09 PM
Ray,
you are killing me... :wink2:

Mike E

raynsandy
01-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Bang !

Beth Myers
01-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Hello there Ray,
I always enjoy reading your insightful information on some of the other boards. ;)
Beth

ValorieCox
01-22-2005, 09:20 PM
Wow Ray, I love that first one...great detail and design!

Is this a marble thread now? ...c'mon you marble guys and gals, I'm sure you have something new, or at least stunning, to add to this showcase thread. :) Valorie

raynsandy
01-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the compliments.
There are 52 lines in the top marble. 21 lines in the black latticinio, 21 in the orange cage and 10 on the outside of all that. Do remember it is just a bit over 3/4 inch.
Its much nicer in hand than the blown up close up image of the photo.

torchie
01-22-2005, 10:13 PM
got any marbles?

Nope lost them years ago and don't really miss them at all.

Your marbles on the other hand are lovely. :cat:

Paul Katherman
01-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Very sweet marbles Ray,

Great inspiration! Thanks :wave:

Lenda
01-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Fabulous Marbles Ray. I especially love the first one. That's a lot of lines in a latticino there! Thanks for showing them to us. Might have to try a marble again after I get my oxy tomorrow, AND try some MANY lined latticino. Got any hints on making latticino that have the lines cross over like that? Got a pic of JUST the inside latticino? LOL! :D

Me again, what is Lutz?

raynsandy
01-23-2005, 01:12 PM
The cross over = you are seeing the front and back of the marble at the same time. That is your looking straight through it. It makes one complete turn from pole to pole.
I have cane segments of just the black. They are about 1/2 inch diameter with no twist. Just straight black lines. Ill take that segment, encase it in clear then set the next batch of straight lines on top of it, more clear etc.... then twist it all at once.