PDA

View Full Version : Red Boat In Peggy's Harbour

Wayne Gaudon
01-22-2005, 07:14 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-22-2005/5946_peggyredboat.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Red Boat In Peggy's Harbour
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 22 x 28 Inches
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
This is more of a suttle light in comparison to the strong light that I usually like to spill over. It was a rainy late afternoon when I took the picture so I improvised a little.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Does it work?

jerryW
01-22-2005, 07:50 PM
reflection and light/shadow is worth the trouble

Esmeralinda
01-22-2005, 08:55 PM
Okay Wayne, I need a great deal of courage right now because I always love what you do, really do, and I've told you many times, but I just did not recognize you here. :( I'M sorry ! :( It is as if you didn't have fun doing this and you put too much useless detail that you don't usually do. (I'm finding this so hard to say.) But again this is because I already saw your work and feel your soul in your paintings. But not here. Why ?

But I also do that sometimes. I sound as if you dissappointed me but no, that is not the case. It's just not Wayne. God am I being too long to explain. I just want to be understood.

I do feel you in the background, reflections and rocks though.

I hope you see what I mean and understand that I'M trying to help.

Still friends ?

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Linda

Mikey
01-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Wayne, I'm having to agree with Linda here. Maybe you've got a bit mindy with this. You've painted the red boat in a clean cut kind of way and I'm expecting you to put in more detail if you do want to do that. But then the rocks, water and landscape are loosely painted. I'm sure you are aware of this though.

Mikey

Wayne Gaudon
01-22-2005, 09:14 PM
thanks Jerry, Linda, Mike

Linda .. Always .. the truth will neve make anyone an enemy of mine. :D

I scraped 7 in a row so this may as well be #8 .. I wanted the boat to be a stand out but not in that kind of way .. I'm in a rut .. had the flu .. got better .. got it again .. totally lost .. I should not even paint when I get this way .. Oh well, think I'll go watch the baby leafs .. maybe tomorrow I'll see if I can salvage this .. I didn't like it anyway .. my wife did but she is sometimes too willing to see the good in my stuff.

Mikey
01-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Have a good day tomorrow Wayne.

Mikey

Esmeralinda
01-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Wayne, I am happy that you're such an open guy for critiques.

Good days are appreciated because we know what bad days are like !

As Mikey said: Have a good day tomorrow Wayne.

:wave:

haaf
01-23-2005, 05:12 AM
Wayne that's a lot of scrape-back's even for you..........
Had also a horrible cold( almost fluelike) for a week too,(now two weeks ago)(do you consider WC contageous??) I decided it was better to not paint and I watched a lot of movies and read some nice books and I was really nasty to everybody else cause I couldn't do what I wanted to (paint,be outside, bike, run, taste good food etc..)
Just a suggestion...go back to the last painting you were really happy about....think of the habits and practice in play when you were making that work......return to that place in time......and well...heck it might help!!!
Caroline ;)