PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning Sweetness

minihorse
01-22-2005, 02:46 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-22-2005/56200_good_morning_acrylic_2.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Good Morning Sweetness
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 20x24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
With much trepidation I submit this, my first ever foray into acrylic, having always dabbled in watercolor. It lives hidden behind the couch since showing it to a few friends who all seem mystified as to who the parts and pieces belong to. Maybe partners who wake up together in a cosy glorious tangle of body parts will recognise what belongs to who. (?)
(the only male part is the hand and the viewer must look thru the eyes of the female for perspective)

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
what? anything?

Michael-Ann
01-22-2005, 02:57 PM
Very interesting and creative perspective...the texture and the pallet lend themselves to the illusion that we are viewing something carved in stone. Fascinating work!

Gilberte
01-22-2005, 03:42 PM
The title and the hand (well depicted) suggested I had to look for human forms ... as mentioned afore like stone carved. :)

Mikey
01-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Superb colour and texture, and very creative.

Mikey

Esmeralinda
01-22-2005, 05:21 PM
This is very creative and does have a stone effect. The colours are very well chosen. Perspective original. I'm repeating what was already said but gee it is true.

You are very good. :clap: Keep on posting.

Linda :wave:

p.s. I was in the Maritimes this summer not far from Fundy. Great place and great people. :wink2:

strychnine
01-22-2005, 05:37 PM
It's true that I couldn't figure out PRECISELY what I was looking at until I read your clues, but this is obviously a painting of people snuggling nonetheless. I don't think it has to make perfect visual sense for the feeling to get across.

For a long time, I've been toying with the idea of doing "abstract" paintings that are actually extreme closeups of body parts (one person or several people's "parts" entwined). The idea was that the viewer would find the shapes and textures distinctly erotic without knowing why. It seems like you've accidentally beaten me to the punch!

One thought--the "stoney" texture is really interesting, but if you're going for a feeling of tenderness (as your title implies), a softer/glowier texture might work better. But of course, that's just my opinion. I still think this is really cool--it's like two ancient giants fell asleep and turned to stone--a monument to love. :)

jerryW
01-22-2005, 08:03 PM
I think you are on to something.
sign and date it and do another

Esmeralinda
01-22-2005, 08:17 PM
You know the first glance told me two people and thought I saw but could there be maybe a third ??? :wink2:

minihorse
01-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Esmeralinda: No no, nothing kinky going on here - think woman on her side, forearms crossed across her stomach, part of thigh visible farther back, man close behind (spoons in a cutlery drawer) with his hand slipped in under her upper arm, resting comfortably.
Yes the Bay of Fundy is amazingly wonderful, the waves are crashing right below our house. Perfect place for artists & photographers, we have had a number of such stay at our B&B and cottage. Look us up if you're back this way!

Kathi

Esmeralinda
01-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! God I feel foolish now ! :D :o :D
André does that all the time. :wink2:

Thanks, I'll make sure to stop in next time I travel your way.

Linda :wave:

haaf
01-23-2005, 03:58 AM
I think the concept is great
and original
fresh approach
I only feel that the blue background makes it less"sweet" (see yr title) in thought and emotive color.
This will develop in a great series for sure.
Caroline ;)

Tamana
01-23-2005, 11:23 PM
Ex.frickin.quisite.
Made perfect sense; all morning suns should rise like this.

HRobinson
01-24-2005, 01:07 PM
"Hilarious!" said he, blushing. -Harry