PDA

View Full Version : MEET ME !

Esmeralinda
01-22-2005, 01:05 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-22-2005/52322_auto-portrait.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: MEET ME !
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12X10
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I feel a little shy to post my own portrait but it is a painting. My husband took a picture of me and I thought it would be good practice to paint it.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
What do you think ? Please feel free to critique. It only helps.

LisaArt
01-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Tu es une tres belle femme Linda!
And a beautiful painting too. I love the style here. We can really see the Linda style!
Nice and rich and thick paint. Did you use knife and brush?
I also like how you did the hair. Glowing.
Hey I also like your hair cut.. :clap:

Wayne Gaudon
01-22-2005, 01:32 PM
I just spent 2 days painting and wiping back 7 paintings; 5 of which were the human face .. then I open this .. it's beautiful .. one pupil is larger than the other but the painting is something I wish I could do .. I am going off to contemplate burning my brushes.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

PS .. you are very beautiful.

Michael-Ann
01-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Beautiful! So nice to meet YOU! I like your choice of background color...and that HAND..**sigh** you did absolutely perfect!

Rieko
01-22-2005, 02:56 PM
You are glowing! It's a beautiful portrait. Like Wayne mentioned, the right eye looks bigger than the other but it doesn't bother me. I love the way you put the layers of paints.

Mikey
01-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Linda, I think what you have here is so much more important than accuracy.

Mikey

Gilberte
01-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Oh my belle, this is pretty as is the sitter. Love that hairdo and the daring palette in the background. Very "personalité". The left cheek looks a bit cheeky but who cares :p

Esmeralinda
01-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Let me tell you I'm blushing now :o

But the most important thing here is my technique and style is pleasing. :clap:

I noticed the one eye after I posted the painting. I'll have to fix that. As for the cheek, it is probably because of my fingers holding it up. But I will check that also. :cool:

I am also pleased with the hand because it is always a stressfull part to paint.

As for burning your brushes Wayne, I DON'T THINK SO. :(

I am comtemplating putting more practice and study in portraits and human figure than any other subject.

You guys are great. What would I do without you ? :wave: Many thanks for your critiques and comments.

Linda :cat:

strychnine
01-22-2005, 05:43 PM
The pensive look on your face is just wonderful. Great contrast the way the background is darker behind your lighter shoulder and vice versa! You've got a distinctive style and I'm glad you got over your shyness and posted this.

The amazing work I see on here is making me want to try a self portrait of my own...if I do, you guys'll be the first to know. :)

Dhuot
01-22-2005, 06:27 PM
You are glowing! It's a beautiful portrait. Like Wayne mentioned,

You are glowing !!! C`est bien vrai......
The light source coming from the viewers right is très très bien
Everything is good good. The background Rocks !! :clap:

Daniel

Y FA FRETTE !!

jerryW
01-22-2005, 07:58 PM
hi
really it comes through very well.
nice.

Esmeralinda
01-22-2005, 08:11 PM
Hi Strychnine; Yes, do post your self-portrait. Thanks for your encouragement, means a great deal to me. Happy you like it. :)

Monsieur Daniel, Un gros merci, means a lot coming from you. Your portraits are so beautiful. OUI Y FA FRETTE EN MAUDIT ! But days are getting longer and longer and longer. More light for us. :D

Jerry; you are always so great with that special SENTENCE. :)

Linda :wave:

Frida200
01-23-2005, 04:35 AM
Allo Linda :wave:

I know I am late, but I still wanted to comment on this beautiful beautiful portrait.
The typical Linda-style gives it a lot of life and movement (especially in the light parts), but the painting has also e very calm and relaxed atmosphere. What a nice contrast!
Did you work some purple and pinks in around the eyes? It seems like this area is in such harmony with the background...
And you are right, LOL, it does resemble the pose of "R...with head on hand". I see open space to the left... :D

Great work!

Claudia

Frida200
01-23-2005, 04:41 AM
OUI Y FA FRETTE EN MAUDIT !

Oh, and thanks for turning this into a language course... Ha ha ha
:clap:

haaf
01-23-2005, 04:50 AM
Linda
this shows you kow your stuff!!
I'm particular taken with the blue/pink combo
dappled together they take care of the most awesome light,
many French masters did prove that
Caroline ;)

vhere
01-23-2005, 07:19 AM
great portrait - even if the eyes are slightly uneven they are beautifully luminous and full of personality :)

purplepansey
01-23-2005, 09:04 AM
I love everything about this portrait. I love the hair it is really well done. You have great talent

Esmeralinda
01-23-2005, 09:31 AM
What a beautiful way to start my Sunday morning ! :clap:

Claudia; as usual, I love reading your comments. Thank you so much for saying "Linda-style". I guess it just reminds me that I'm being me and truthful to me. Being an artist, helped discover myself and understand myself in so many ways. Yes, I did put a touch of greyish purple and pink around the eyes. Happy you're enjoying the French Canadian lessons. LOL :D

Caroline, Vhere and Purplepansey; always a great pleasure to hear from you too. Thanks a lot for all those beautiful comments. I treasure them.

A Happy Linda :clap:

artbabe21
01-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Linda...fabulous portrait!! Beautiful work!! It IS knife? Love seeing the strokes...:D

Esmeralinda
01-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Thanks ArtBabe; Yes it IS knife and sometimes fingers.

Tamana
01-23-2005, 11:55 PM
:wave: Linda!!!! :D

Beautiful!! Oh...the painting as well. ;)

wishyouwerehere
01-24-2005, 09:06 AM
love the hair and the highlights in it

sue
www.ayoubart.com

Esmeralinda
01-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks Sue,

I'll let my hairdresser know all the great comments I got on my hair. :D

Thanks for your comments. :wave:

pero lane
01-24-2005, 11:52 AM
Beautifully done...I like your style! :clap:

Spyderbabe
01-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Linda - this needs to go right up on the wall next to the one you did of your husband. It's just terrific!

artinoils
01-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Beautiful. Like how you handled the light on the hair.

YLCIA
01-24-2005, 05:49 PM
Striking and beautiful:)

Julia

Esmeralinda
01-24-2005, 09:06 PM
What can I say but THANK YOU so very much. You guys are so supportive and helps my confidence a lot.

SpyderBabe; It's already there, next to my André. Best place to be. :wink2:

sandyzebra
01-28-2005, 06:41 PM
This is one of the most beautiful portraits I've seen. You've done incredibly well on this.

zebra

Esmeralinda
01-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Thank you so much Zebra.

I'm happy you like it so much. :wave:
It was fun to paint even though sometimes weird to paint myself.
Just another face but still I felt funny to see myself.

Linda :)