PDA

View Full Version : Too Slow For Challenge, Too Proud To Keep Quiet

wonderwoman
01-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Hi again, beadfans!

I made these 3 beads specifically for the 'It's Not Witchcraft' Corina challenge, but I couldn't for the life of me get a decent picture with enough resolution! I swear, my digital camera should have a pull-start and 'Husqvarna' painted on the side...

The first pic, if you look closely, shows a lovely close-knit floral pattern... petals and all! Very cool, considering it consists of 4 ingredients and required only basic technique-- the glass did the rest! I'll post the process in a separate thread, if anyone is interested.

The remaining 3 pictures show different rotations of one bead... it was an answer to the paisley discussion in the technical forum, but I wanted to submit it in the Witchcraft challenge. As it turns out, this is it's public debut. Again, if anyone is curious about the process used to make this bead, I'll post in a separate thread. Why? I seldom write anything down while I'm actually making the beads, and I have a mind not like a sieve, but a colander... leaky, but some most of the stuff is still there.

-Dianna

jessicah
01-22-2005, 01:32 AM
Hi again, beadfans!

I made these 3 beads specifically for the 'It's Not Witchcraft' Corina challenge, but I couldn't for the life of me get a decent picture with enough resolution! I swear, my digital camera should have a pull-start and 'Husqvarna' painted on the side...

The first pic, if you look closely, shows a lovely close-knit floral pattern... petals and all! Very cool, considering it consists of 4 ingredients and required only basic technique-- the glass did the rest! I'll post the process in a separate thread, if anyone is interested.

The remaining 3 pictures show different rotations of one bead... it was an answer to the paisley discussion in the technical forum, but I wanted to submit it in the Witchcraft challenge. As it turns out, this is it's public debut. Again, if anyone is curious about the process used to make this bead, I'll post in a separate thread. Why? I seldom write anything down while I'm actually making the beads, and I have a mind not like a sieve, but a colander... leaky, but some most of the stuff is still there.

-Dianna

I'd love to see instructions for these!! :clap:

sadiesmom
01-22-2005, 03:03 AM
Absolutely - I would too!! Absolutely Scrumptious!!

Denise

sterrekind
01-22-2005, 04:44 AM
please tell us how it's done. specialy the black and yellow ones ( at least I think they are... black yellow edp and ivory, but that's a really wildguess+
love, Suzanne

xoticbead
01-22-2005, 07:19 AM
Yep We got to know..... please do show us how
Liz

wonderwoman
01-23-2005, 09:09 PM
To tell you the truth, I don't exactly recall how I made the paisley bead, but I'm 99% sure of the ingredients:

Dark Ivory
Opal Yellow (the yellow batch, not the cocoa stuff)
Intense Black (stringer)

I'll go experiment tonight...

-Dianna