PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Summers Dream Series -- Signature cane worthy? Mike E are you there?

Starleens Studio
01-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Hello all,

I am so please with this design, but it may not be worthy of the title "Midnight Summers Dream" until I get some sparkle & better vine cane in there! What do you think? Honesty please, I can take it like a big girl.

I am working on barrel, bicone, hearts, cubes & flat lentils in this series. The design screams marble too but every time I try, the punty cracks after 2 & 1/2 inches and hits the ceramic tile, thus turning into a funky paperweight... as shown below. I really admire marble makers, but need much practice. My dream of being a large paperweight maker is off to a odd & accidental start. Notice the hundred or so bubbles in this 3inch monster blob. :evil: I need to switch this design over from Vetrofond clear encasing to Lausha.

Thanks for listening! Feels good to share your work, especially with all of my cyber instructors out there who give up so many tips and tricks.

I really need some signature cane. Can someone help me out? I am not experienced enough to make the chip design I have in my head.

Starleen

Carriebug
01-21-2005, 10:47 PM
Hey, at least you can make an encased floral! :rolleyes: Still working on them, slowly getting better but never quick enough!

Carrie

KetchikanSculptor
01-21-2005, 11:42 PM
Love the colors and the flowers are wonderful!!!!

nicker
01-22-2005, 12:46 AM
Hello all,

I am so please with this design, but it may not be worthy of the title "Midnight Summers Dream" until I get some sparkle & better vine cane in there! What do you think? Honesty please, I can take it like a big girl.

I am working on barrel, bicone, hearts, cubes & flat lentils in this series. The design screams marble too but every time I try, the punty cracks after 2 & 1/2 inches and hits the ceramic tile, thus turning into a funky paperweight... as shown below. I really admire marble makers, but need much practice. My dream of being a large paperweight maker is off to a odd & accidental start. Notice the hundred or so bubbles in this 3inch monster blob. :evil: I need to switch this design over from Vetrofond clear encasing to Lausha.

Thanks for listening! Feels good to share your work, especially with all of my cyber instructors out there who give up so many tips and tricks.

I really need some signature cane. Can someone help me out? I am not experienced enough to make the chip design I have in my head.

Starleen

Loven EM!

Let me know if you find someone who make custom cane I want one too!

amayita
01-22-2005, 12:51 AM
Nice bead!

Beth Olson who is a fellow WC'r does custom signature cane. I think her id is betholson. She made mine. Hope that helps!

AVCKimberly
01-22-2005, 07:45 AM
Beautiful and very worthy! YOU GO GIRL!!!

Starleens Studio
01-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Hi Carrie,

Your just seeing the florals that look half way decent. This was one out of 4 that made the "sell worthy" cut. What your not seeing is the florals that get washed out in the clear casing, or petals where all the dots melt into one big dot, or the hundred or so that look perfect until I apply scummy encasing on. I have not “arrived” believe me! Don’t even get me started on Red and Rubino. What happened to all those duds? Some became fishing weights for my husband and father in Florida. He tells me that many of the people fishing on the dock want some of them. Maybe we can corner the market together on our journey to making the perfect encased floral bead.

Can I have the privilege of seeing some of your lovelies? I would love to take a look.

Amaya – Thanks for the tip. I was wondering if you could post a picture of your sig chip. I will be PM’ing Beth tonight and cant wait to see if she will be able to do my little logo design. It will be like having another little masterpiece inside my creations. Too excited over this tonight.

Thanks for the compliment Kim & Nicole.

Starleen

Artaholic
01-23-2005, 01:48 AM
Yes beautiful and the name fits :clap: :clap:

Wojobeada
01-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Those are just gorgeous and I think you hit the nail on the head. A little more sparkle (goldstone?) and a little more cane (vines & leaves) just might make the bead even better. And then maybe not. Something to mess around with, though.
It is really a lovely bead.

Starleens Studio
01-24-2005, 10:36 PM
OK Wojo,

Good suggestions! I will do a new vine/striped cane, and pull an adventurine chunk. Blue or purple adventurine is out there but I am not sure what it is like to work with. Has anyone ever used the stuff? Not sure if I want to go there? Give me until the weekend, then I will post the outcome.

Starleen

bolimasa
01-25-2005, 12:19 AM
What your not seeing is the florals that get washed out in the clear casing, or petals where all the dots melt into one big dot, or the hundred or so that look perfect until I apply scummy encasing on.

And I though I was the only one with these problems!

Lovely floral!