PDA

View Full Version : More Cows...WIP

woodguy
01-21-2005, 01:14 AM
I am in the final stages of this and am making decisions about value and hue. This started with a very bright green "pasture," green trees in the background and a different colored sky. I am slowly making changes to unify the whole. Everytime that I change a "background" color I am forced to make changes in the white areas of the cows. I think one more session should do it, so in the mean time do you have any suggestions? 2o x 16, oil on MDF. Thank you, Jim

shirleyq
01-21-2005, 01:26 AM
My grandma, you have a big nose............................ :rolleyes: oh, sorry........couldn't resist.
I am wondering if the cow on the left has only three legs? Since you didn't use the uploader I can't go back and look at it but that is how I remember it........even the shadow.
You found your diagonal line in this one so you should be happier with it.
Just as wonky and wonderful as always. :)

woodguy
01-21-2005, 01:37 AM
Thank you, Shirley! Big noses and three legged cows, WOW! I am still at the point in this development that I am not too concerned about noses or legs :wink2: That will all come with the final flourishes :) Right now I am trying to establish my value and hue, color temp and composition. The composition is pretty much set in stone, but I am considering adding a distant cow above and right of center...grazing and facing away. Everything else may change dramatically :evil: I am painting through some sort of malady (I hope it's not Mad Cow Disease :wink2: ) so tomorrow may have me seeing and approaching this much differently. Jim

haaf
01-21-2005, 02:54 AM
Hi Jim

Non no ...no more cows in the background
This is a funky wonky picture and to me it's all about shapes , which are marvellous, it's somewhat of a departure for you , that's fine..you can never enter the same river twice.
Caroline ;)

LisaArt
01-21-2005, 03:55 AM
HI Jim, I agree no more cows.
As Caroline said, its all about shapes and yours are just right. I like the exaggerated big noses and ears. I am happy with the value/hue and color temp. It has an old feel too it. When I look at this somehow I think of Vermont. :D
I can see reproductions all over cafes, tin boxes, etc. I think they are just Grand!
BTW, I sent your cow pics to my mother (she loves cows) and she said they are super and she would hang them all over her kitchen... :D

shirleyq
01-21-2005, 05:54 AM
HI Jim, I agree no more cows.
As Caroline said, its all about shapes and yours are just right. I like the exaggerated big noses and ears. I am happy with the value/hue and color temp. It has an old feel too it. When I look at this somehow I think of Vermont. :D
I can see reproductions all over cafes, tin boxes, etc. I think they are just Grand!
BTW, I sent your cow pics to my mother (she loves cows) and she said they are super and she would hang them all over her kitchen... :D

So, there you go. Call your doctor and see if there is a way to keep you sick for awhile. Your delirium has caused you to be a success! :evil: :eek: :evil: ........mad cow...... :D :D lol

ps..........just kidding.............get well soon :(

woodguy
01-21-2005, 09:59 PM
Well, Shirley, I decided to treat this "Mad Cow" stuff by forcing fluids....cold and from a can :wink2: And taking the advice of Caroline and Lisa I decided against adding the third cow...."two is company and three is a crowd!" (except for my next one :evil: ) I have played around with the colors a bit and I think that I am at a point where I am pretty happy with it. So Lisa, send this one to your mom and get her opinion :) Maybe a few more touches, them I will post with "the big boy's in the Critique Forum. If any body has any other suggestions, I would like to hear them. Thank you all. Jim

laketrees
01-22-2005, 06:01 PM
I think your paint application, subject and colours are terrific! :clap: I particularly like the contrast between the treeline and sky. Great subject.
Cheers Kim