PDA

View Full Version : on paper

Nelson
11-28-2001, 03:06 PM
I´d like to show you some of my recent works...wattercolor and tempera on Arches paper. 10x12 . I ´ve been trying to do it bigger, like 50x60, on canvas. It didn´t work. Should I give up composition and do strictly "color fields" more like Rothko? Sorry, my english is not good, my first language is portuguese. Hope you understand. Tanks a lot !

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Nov-2001/old_fashion_05.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Nov-2001/old_fashion_06.jpg

colorme
11-28-2001, 07:47 PM
Eu gosto deste muito, agradecimentos para compartilhar! pesaroso meu Português é mau:(

Nelson
11-28-2001, 11:43 PM
colorme, fico feliz que você tenha gostado! seu português é ótimo. gostaria de ver o q você tem feito. obrigado!

colorme I´m glad that you liked! your portuguese is great. I´d like to see what you´ve been done. thank you!

colorme
11-29-2001, 06:15 PM
agradeça-o nelson, Eu afixei alguma de minha arte no forum da crítica, você pode olhar lá. Eu aprendi falar o português na escola, eu falo outras duas línguas, agradeça-o outra vez!

Nelson
11-30-2001, 12:06 AM
yeah colorme...I saw your aborigin drummer...how can human beeings be so diferent from each other? very nice work! you are doing good with portuguese. Everybody strugle to speak english, I feel so nice wen I see your effort to write in portuguese...very kind of you...thanks again! let´s swing the brushes, man!:clap:

AmyH
12-19-2001, 01:01 PM
nice work nelson. I think some bigger works would be great. look forward to seeing more.

amy

MKathleen
12-19-2001, 03:20 PM
Hi Nelson:

Striking and simple in design, your use of color and texture is very good in these.

Best,
Kathy:)

Nelson
12-19-2001, 09:45 PM
Thank you colorme, amyh and kathy, I like this work to, but some how I feel like something is missing, so I got back to the figure and painting from life, seeking for the real...by the way...do you know a painter name Avigdor Arikha? You shoud check him out! So simple, so sincere! Well... see you!:cool: