MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:

Dhuot
01-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Oh !!!!

She`s got green eyes

Can you see them ??

mclean
01-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Sometimes I'm not sure how to discern "emotive use of color" and "need of more accurate color". having said so, my only beef is that the shadow of an object in warm light is going to be cooler. here the shadow area and light area are the same temperature, which is really flattening it. and then the white highlights are really really cold. if tehre were some bits of yellow in those highlights (not a whole lot, mind you) then they would read better for me.

Since white has no color or temperature on its own, when placed in all this intense warmth, its going to inherently look super super cold.

pipicacassosso
01-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Another winner, Daniel.
You don't throw them too often in this direction. But when they come - they win.

katelynalain
01-20-2005, 07:21 PM
i always love your use of color. you have 'know how'. i really think this one is one of your best. nice composition. love the cool pattern of her shirt juxtaposed with that hot orange background. i like how you have incorporated the orange into the figure. wow. her hair is blacker than black. agree..it's a winner.

Frida200
01-20-2005, 07:23 PM
a winner?

AGREED!

I like, Daniel, I like! :clap:
besides the beautiful colors (like R... on orange!) and the pretty pattern on the blouse and the green in the eyes and the fine lines of the face,
what works great for me is the open space to the left.
Like there is space for her thoughts.
Like... the space is filled with her thoughts.
So...you can see her thinking.
How nice.

haaf
01-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Daniel

good composition
good flow of the colors troughout
you are taking and giving yourself more liberties
protruding cherry lips!!
I like that mood..sizing the world up...with confidence

:clap: bravo

Caroline ;)

Michael-Ann
01-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Definitely more intense expression...more thought-provoking expression.

I like this R.......... best of all!

Esmeralinda
01-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Daniel,
You've done it again. :clap: Fantastique ! :clap:
I love her expression; "nonchalant". She is so pretty this R.........

I love how you put those pinks with those oranges. Wow! what a touch.
And that green reflection in her eyes.

Bizarre; I'm working on a self-portrait and the pose is almost the same except for the direction of the gaze and also the beauty :( My husband took the picture yesterday. Ummmmmmmmmm....... We will see.

J'adore ton style !

Linda :clap:

Wayne Gaudon
01-20-2005, 09:19 PM
:envy: Beautiful .. the white has been mentioned but it is trivial in this type of art .. :envy:

brushstroked
01-20-2005, 09:22 PM
She's captivating in her expression and her beauty. Impish, yet refined.
You've painted her well, Daniel. I love the crop and that lush, red background (and the touches of black).

Look what you have created: ... Fire.
Stunning. And beautiful green eyes.

Regarding what mclean said - it seems the "right" thing to do would be to tone down the white areas as they can be a bit distracting...but I believe in this case your use of it IS emotive - n'est ce pas?

:wave:

Tamana
01-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Danielson; I would only echo others if I spoke my heart. So, I will just say one word: Exquisite. And, I will hope that is sufficient enough for you to read inbetween the syllabic-lines. :)

artbabe21
01-20-2005, 11:50 PM
This is outstanding Daniel!! Rock on! I love these R's........but pray tell who is she??? :confused: I think everyone knows but moi? :crying:

What do you use for your fabulous flesh tones??? :envy:

Dhuot
01-21-2005, 01:55 AM
Hello mclean, and welcome here. You say " emotive use of colour " :confused: ??
And for the " more accurate colour " Iwanted to paint the skin BLUE ha ha ha
Here`s a B & W picture of it...

The white you see, isn`t white though, it has some yellow in it, but just a bit

Dhuot
01-21-2005, 02:14 AM
I had such fun painting this

Pipi-le-puew , merci merci , winner
Katelyn , yeah, I like the cool-hot mix in the shirt-background area too.
Claudia , yes, the open space on her left is there, for her to think....of me :D
Caroline , I am happy to see you again !! Cherry lips :clap: , It`s funny you say " more liberties ", I thought the contrary ...hum ! Well`see .... . The mood is goooooooooood : )
Michael-ann , merci. Intense ?? Yes
Linda , Tu adore mon style ?? Hum, ç`est presque gênant...merci
Wayne , the white has some ocre (yellow ) and pink-ish !! Thanks man (grand-pa)
Laura no no no LAURA , I think you need to buy a new monitor !! There is no red at all in the background. R....`s beauty....yeah...merci beaucoup...fire ! :D
Tam-Tam du Mont-Royal !! , Exquisite IS very sufficient indeed, It makes my day in fact....merci...Ooo la la. me happy.
Cathleen , first`s first...merci pour tout, you are a great Mod. Now, this R.... is ...................................
:evil:
And cathleen, you ask me what I use for the flesh tones ??? Okay..... paint :D

thank you every one .....

jerryW
01-21-2005, 02:31 AM
the detail has more ballance on canvas
a very gripping presence

mclean
01-21-2005, 08:21 AM
I guess what I'm getting at is that I don't quite have the eye for what works and what doesn't work when departing from strictly realistic application of color. Being so, I just wasn't sure (and this is going to sound bad) how intentional the use of color was. But just think of that statement as being like when young children say really rude rude things because they really don't know better. Its just going to take me a little bit to catch up to this aesthetic- i don't mean to come off as arrogant or anything like that, i promise. (my temporary excuse is that i'm new here)

Esmeralinda
01-21-2005, 08:49 AM
Daniel,

C'est vrai que tu es très beau (ref. Mikey's painting) mais je parlais de ton style en peinture, et tu le sais très bien, RIGOLO ! :D

I just love how you portray the ladies, you are a passionate and sensual one ...oups!...did I say that... sensitive one ! :D

Linda :)

Gilberte
01-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Dear DD,

Looks charming to me, all over ........ !

artbabe21
01-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Now, this R.... is ...................................
:evil:
And cathleen, you ask me what I use for the flesh tones ??? Okay..... paint :D

So........I ask again who is R...........? Your model Regina?? Roxanne?
Is your palette secret? CR,CY,O,TW?????

LisaArt
01-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Hi Daniel, Shes beautiful.
my favourite of your R....series..

I also want to know who she is..... :
I know you like red....so please...tell me and Kathelenn.... :angel:

Mikey
01-21-2005, 03:29 PM
She's absolutely beautiful Daniel.

Mikey

Frida200
01-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Claudia , yes, the open space on her left is there, for her to think....of me :D

Ooooookay! Ha ha ha
:D
... oh! Look!
She's still thinking...
LOL
:D

dornberg
01-22-2005, 01:12 AM
i love this orange, and with the grey-violet

purplepansey
01-22-2005, 07:35 AM
Oh !!!!

She`s got green eyes

Can you see them ??

I'm beginning to worry about my own eyes! I don't see green eyes, I see black or brown.

Dhuot
01-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Wow, so many more interesting and funny ( Claudia ) stuff !!

Jerry, thanks for looking. " Gripping "
Just ( Mclean ) :D , I know you have the eye for it. I saw your painting. You have the eye...trust me. So, yes the colours I used were intentional LOL, not planned, but yes...intentional. You know I post here to show, but also for you guys too bring a certain critic. If it doesn`t help me sometimes, it can help someone else. So don`t worry Just, I am very confident about my work... :D
Linda, ouain ! Ben là chu pas mal gênés :D . Pis I fa frette icitte en cibol....Moé " sensual " ?????? Pas-pire pas-pire HA HA HA ( Du joual sti.. ) Pas pire pan-toute !!! HA HA HA ....Avec le frette, Y faut plus qu`un cass-à-palette HA HA HA :D
Madame Gilberte, DD ?? Alors, here you are, you wanted to " hear " me talk in Québécois ?? Voila ( to Linda )
Cathleen Cathleen Cathleen , :D , You really don`t know who R... is ?? Tell me Cathleen, I didn`t get this " CR,CY,O,TW " ( ??? )
And If I tell you my " secret " use of colour...it won`t be a secret anymore (?) :D
Lisa, A lot of people are telling me the same thing about this R... merci :angel:
Mikey ( HRH ) thanks a lot, yes, I believe she`s very beautiful. Like every R.......
Claudia , when I saw that !!! PPPoooouuuaaawww !! HA ha ha ha :D . That IS funny....nice composition. If only I was brave enough. :)
Bob, yes orange..." HOOP ORANGE "
Purplepansey , I know that the green is not very evident, but it`s there !!

Thank you all for looking........

D

Gilberte
01-25-2005, 03:32 AM
Oh well Daniel, I tried and tried to understand that Québecois :( . No matter how hard I try .... I can't .......... even when guessing :D might as well be Greek or Latin to me ........
Salut mon ami à bientôt ! :wave:

Dhuot
01-25-2005, 08:06 PM
Oh well Daniel, I tried and tried to understand that Québecois :( . No matter how hard I try .... I can't .......... even when guessing :D might as well be Greek or Latin to me ........

HA HA HA Gilberte......okat then

I said to Linda " Now, I am very shy !! ( regarding what she had told me ...and then I add ) Plus, It`s very cold here. Me " sensual "??? ( Slang...darn !) Yeah, If you want ! Not bad !! he he And with this cold, you need more than a baseball hat !!

HA HA HA :D

Dhuot
01-25-2005, 08:07 PM

HA HA HA Gilberte......okat then

I said to Linda " Now, I am very shy !! ( regarding what she had told me ...and then I add ) Plus, It`s very cold here. Me " sensual "??? ( Slang...darn !) Yeah, If you want ! Not bad !! he he And with this cold, you need more than a baseball hat !!

HA HA HA :D

laketrees
01-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Ahhh Daniel - a striking, bold and compositionally intriguing portrait! :clap: Is she about to do a pas de chat :cat: or perhaps a pirouette?
au revoir Kim!

mattlart
01-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Small/small reads very large and powerful.

An intense gem that brings back fond memories of a Mexican friend.

Rock on............ :clap: -S

Dhuot
01-26-2005, 12:33 AM
Ahhh Daniel - a striking, bold and compositionally intriguing portrait! :clap: Is she about to do a pas de chat :cat: or perhaps a pirouette?
au revoir Kim!

Un pas de chat et une pirouette comme en dance ??

Merci

Scott, merci. A mexican girl ??
Happy to bring you some memories of her ( Frida ?? ...pretty )

A la proxima ( SP ? )

bbbilly1326
01-28-2005, 10:32 PM
She has great presence for one so small Daniel.

I can easily imagine her as a 5'x5' on the museum wall.

Dhuot
01-29-2005, 12:07 AM
She has great presence for one so small Daniel.

I can easily imagine her as a 5'x5' on the museum wall.

She is small, but has a big big presence............ :D

5` X 5` ??

Wow, she`d be even more........beautiful !!

Thanks man !!

D

capricorne
01-29-2005, 06:05 AM
I like this.
Jan

giniaad
01-29-2005, 12:56 PM
it's all been said already...and I agree...sooooo nice!
if I HAD to have a nit
it would be for the lighting on the fingers to match
a bit better
the lighting of the rest...
(some upper parts of fingers being hit with some light)
but, it really is not an issue...

I love it!
love the way she is pleasently looking at the viewer
really draws one in