PDA

View Full Version : My Tink Class vessels!!

rosebead
01-20-2005, 03:52 PM
I had the most wonderful blown vessel class with Tink on Sunday & my annealed vessels just arrived in the mail. None of these vessels are wonderful, but like Tink says "its the process not the product!" & The process is amazing & exciting. As soon as i can get some hollow mandrels of my own i am going to start practicing these at home.

llglassdesigns
01-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Nice job, Diane. It sounds like you all had a great time in Tink's class.

Deb

rosebead
01-20-2005, 04:02 PM
It was a great class. I am still excited about it & its been 4 days since its been over! I think everyone should take a Tink class at least once in their life.

WV.Artistry
01-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Cool - guess I may have to wait a little longer to get mine.

It was a great class!

And it was nice meeting you Diane! :wave:

Kathy

BeadBraker
01-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Way to go! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Isn't taking a class too much fun????

I *just* got a Tink vessel in the mail!!! It is so sweet! I love it!! I thought these were big cuz her photos were so awseom, but the vessel is really small and totally wearable! woooooo hooooo!

Anyway, get that hollow mandrel and start having some fun girl!

Nancy B in IL

rosebead
01-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Seeing Tinks vessels in person is quite a treat. They are so tiny but perfect scale & balance are so perfect. In the photos she shows of them it is really hard to imagine that they are only a few inches big.

Kathy I hope you get your vessels soon. It was like Christmas to open up the box today. It was so nice to meet you & Melodie there. WC really makes this a small world. :)

GardenGirl1002
01-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Great job, Diane! I'm even more excited about taking her class now :)
Those look fantastic! I love the square handles - those look great!
I PMed you :)

Tink
01-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Weeeeee! LOOK WHAT YOU DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of ALL of you! And thank you all for the nice comments about my work. I do, indeed, love what I do. But I PARTICULARLY love teaching. Could you tell? :D

Tink
01-20-2005, 07:51 PM
I wanted to tell you guys something exciting! Greg Jones, director of the School of Art and Design, took a peek at the vessels everyone made, and would like you all to be in the Museum's student exhibit! Yay! :clap: He was majorly impressed. MAJORLY.

I'll keep you posted! Oh, and it doesn't have to be work from the class itself. A vessel you make at home would be fine! Weeeeee!

Paul Katherman
01-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Wow, I was just saying to my wife hat I would like to see one of those made and here I see that Tink teaches. Great vessels. She must be a great teacher. Sweet stuff. I bet everyone is stoked. I wish I could have been there .Tink is a wonderful artist.

Do you make the necks by using a hollow mandrel? I mean I love the flat even look in the neck. I wanted to try this and I think I might give it a try. I tried before but I don't think I put the glass onto the mandrel enough and it fell off.

Tink
01-21-2005, 12:18 AM
The neck is essentially a barrel bead at the end of a hollow mandrel.

Do you go to AGI (Art Glass Invitational)? It's in Pennsylvania. I'm going to talk to Wonka about doing a vessel demo this year.

Paul Katherman
01-21-2005, 07:44 AM
The neck is essentially a barrel bead at the end of a hollow mandrel.

Do you go to AGI (Art Glass Invitational)? It's in Pennsylvania. I'm going to talk to Wonka about doing a vessel demo this year.

I haven't but I may this year. I hear it is a good time. I would love to see a demo.

Thanks for the tips.

dread
01-21-2005, 02:43 PM
Those vessels are great ! How wonderful to get a class with Tink

OK - what is AGI ? in PA
I need to see Tink make a vessel big time - or maybe I should visit.....Toledo!

Tink
01-21-2005, 02:52 PM
AGI is the Art Glass Invitational (http://www.glass123.com/AGI-Schedule.html). It's a juried event, and a total blast! And this year they're going to have a portable hot shop! Weeeeee! The Wonkas (Tom and Elaine Doner) were spectacular hosts, and I had an absolute blast. So did Donna! And we're hopefully going again this year and taking John with us...

candygrrl
01-21-2005, 04:12 PM
wowzers! Great job :) I'm dying to take a Tink class... I wonder if she could be convinced to head south..? :evil: ;)

Tink
01-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Guess what? I *am* heading south! Louisville for sure, and *maybe* Atlanta...

dread
01-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Are your classes listed on WC ? or on you site ?
Ahhh that is AGI I remember that from last year - ! I should read my Glassline mag for more information.......I'm so out if it sometimes......

Hey Tink ever thought of Beadfest here in PA ? Its in Oct