PDA

View Full Version : Mini Still Life

paintsplatter
01-20-2005, 03:06 PM
I seel that there have been a few additions with the Miniature Art this month. Very cool!! I've not been well lately but managed to do another small one for this forum.

Here is my third acrylic done on a 4 x 5 canvas. Any opinions???

JamieWG
01-20-2005, 03:20 PM
Mitzi, it's darling! I like that bumpy pumpkin-like squash in the center. 'Hope you're feeling better soon. Painting small is a good way to pass the time while recouperating. ;)

The dimensions of your work (20 square inches) are actually larger than what is permitted in the Miniature Art forum. Size restrictions here are a maximum of 16 square inches. You can read the forum Guidelines in the Sticky thread at the top of the forum page. It is here:
Miniature Art Forum Guidelines (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244091)

We look forward to seeing more of your work....at 16 square inches or less, please! :)

Jamie

paintsplatter
01-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Oh Jamie..I thought that 4 inches by 5 inches was small..how small is it?? So actually it's 10.1 x 12.7 centimeters. Isn't that a mini?? I don't know..:)

paintsplatter
01-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Oh darn...I guess I'll have to use the other ones which just comes into play at 3x5..so I'll use what I have left of them. Thanks Jamie for letting me know..I was clueless.:)

JamieWG
01-20-2005, 03:59 PM
Oh Jamie..I thought that 4 inches by 5 inches was small..how small is it?? So actually it's 10.1 x 12.7 centimeters. Isn't that a mini?? I don't know..:)

Hiya, Mitzi. Well 4x5 is small! LOL...But for the purposes of our Miniature Art forum, it is not quite small enough. Mini is 'smaller than small'. ;) We had to draw the line somewhere, and most organizations specify 15-16 square inches, so that is our size limit here as well.

To find out if your work is small enough, you just multiply the length times the width. (Did you see that Guidelines link I left for you?) So, 4x5=20 square inches. 4x4 would be 16 square inches, and that would be okay. Let us know if you have any more questions!

Jamie

JamieWG
01-20-2005, 04:08 PM
Oh darn...I guess I'll have to use the other ones which just comes into play at 3x5..so I'll use what I have left of them. Thanks Jamie for letting me know..I was clueless.:)

Heeheehee... We crossposted. (Where have we done that before? LOL...) Yep, 3x5 is a great size. And after doing a few postage stamp size paintings, it feels enormous. :D Also, you can do acrylics on paper that size, mat, and frame to 5x7, which gives you an even 1" mat all the way around the painting. Standard 5x7 frames are soooo easy to find!

Jamie

paintsplatter
01-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Ahhhh Jamie..thanks for the heads up on the size...I did read the guidlines and will use my other canvases instead...the too large ones can be for family for Christmas..gheeeee...isn't it just so cool to get all your Christmas family stuff done at the beginning of the year..lol

I've even gone so far as to buy cute summer ribbon and will find some really neat material to make wine bottle gift wrappers for my family members who make wine. He he he..will have it all done before February and then I won't have to bother anymore..lol

Bertoni
01-20-2005, 05:22 PM
M: Not counting the size...It's a very nice painting! :clap: I've been doing a lot of 2x3s, but will start working a bit larger within that 15-16 square inch maximum!! Hope you feel better!! :)

VeldaJ
01-20-2005, 06:13 PM
Pity it doesn't qualify as Miniature, M, but it is a lovely little still life nevertheless.

blumoon
01-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Mitzi, I really like this. Now you really have to do one just a teeny bit smaller! :D