PDA

View Full Version : Changes to the 2005 Show Prospectus

CarlyHardy
01-20-2005, 01:07 AM
Some changes have been made in the Prospectus for the 2005 show.

One change is that works created within the past two years (and not posted to the artist galleries) will be accepted as show entries.

Works will not be juried for hanging in the show. All works submitted within the deadline will be exhibited.

Terry Ludwig will be serving as our judge for awards.

Resource images from the WetCanvas Image Library can be used as references. Since these are published for use by members only, they do not fall into the same category as published instruction books or other copyrighted materials.

Although it was suggested that we have slides rather than jpg images submitted, that seems impractical with this show since it will be online and we would have to scan the slides and post them anyway, and any problems with a slide would still exist in the scanned image. For future shows, there is the possibility of using slides.

It was also suggested that the show be unjuried. From the standpoint of entering, all works submitted by the deadline will be accepted and exhibited. We are very fortunate to have Terry Ludwig working with us to provide selection of the award winners and we are working to implement a way for a "Viewer's Choice Award" as suggested in one of the forum threads.

I hope I'm not leaving anything out!! It's 1AM and past my bedtime, so Kat, Eileen, Pat, Pat and Becky, help me out if I've skipped anything :)
and night everyone!!

The Prospectus will be changed online and posted again in the next newsletter.
carly

Dyin
01-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Thank you for making these changes. I think the show will be more member friendly and more fun for beginning OPer's this way.
I apologise for getting upset over the previous rules, have been under a bit of stress lately.
In the future perhaps you might consider having different categories for entries. Some societies have beginner, intermediate and Professional categories with different requirements for each. Beginners still can't use copyrighted work, but can use classroom work, it gives them a chance to get an award and it's a good way to learn about showing their work. It levels the playing field for all the artists who are showing and should make the job easier for the juror.

Pat Isaac
01-20-2005, 05:25 PM
Hi Sue, we hope this will work out better for everyone. STRESS!! :eek: lol
That may be something to consider for future member shows. Some member shows around here allow classwork. I always felt it was nice to have member shows as it gave everyone an opportunity to show their work.

Pat

artbyjune
01-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Those changes sound very good for the first show. :wave:

BTW. What counts as showings on artist galleries. Which artist galleries? :D

CarlyHardy
01-21-2005, 04:38 PM
The artist galleries located on the Oil Pastel Society website.

Any other paintings that meet the guidelines are eligible for submission.

Sorry for not making that clear :)
carly

k9artisan
01-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Carly & Board members,

I just want to thank you for your reconsideration of the rules for this show. I am very excited to see everyone's work. I really appreciate you all taking the time to do this for us.
Amber

prestonsega
01-25-2005, 08:20 PM
These seem like a good compromise. Allowing all members who desire to show is a good move since we are still a fledgling organization. This move on the OPS staff shows great leadership skills and a true desire to help us each grow in this challenging medium.

steven
01-26-2005, 05:48 AM
:clap: Thank you all, Carly and the others board members, for listening to the little voices too.
I'm just back from a busy business trip to Scandinavia (no time for any painting on the way unfortunately :( ) and it was a pleasure to find all the constructive solutions and ideas here!

:p Bah, must go to bank, get money order and pay dues :wink2: