PDA

View Full Version : From out of the Flames

ThurmanHubbard
01-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Here's a new painting I finished a few nights ago. 22 x 28 acrylic on canvas.

Sorry for not commenting or posting much recently. Post hoilday deflation I guess.

Anyhow, hope this lowers the bar a few more notches :evil:

Tamana
01-19-2005, 11:16 PM
This looks intriguing in design and somehow I get the impression that it's much more commanding in presence. I'm not too keen on the blue as it seems to add a cold vein through it - I love the yellow though - it's so warm and radiant and the red is smoldering.

alfaro
01-20-2005, 12:07 AM
thats cool i really get the feel of flames.
edd

alfaro
01-20-2005, 12:08 AM
i need the stinking zoloft...

ed

ThurmanHubbard
01-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the thoughts. I value all opinions.

Tamana - You know they say that the hottest fires burn with blue flames. Besides, I just love cerulean blue.
You're right, the camera doesn't really do it justice.

Ed - You can have the Zoloft. I took that stuff for about three years, the last two years were spent trying to get off of it. Maybe it helps some, but it made me even sicker. Zoloft=bad Painting=good :D

Thanks for looking

scorpio32
01-20-2005, 06:50 PM
I like the wispyness(???lol) of it.Seems like it needs something at the top tho... :)

ThurmanHubbard
01-20-2005, 07:17 PM
I kept trying to find something to do with the top, but decided to leave it. It's hard to see in the picture, but it fades frome the burnt sienna area on the left through a dark grey area to a deep violet in the upper right corner, sort of like a sunset or sunrise. My wife says it looks like flowers to her, but I was going for more of a flame effect. I ended up throwing in some greens at the bottom so the viewer could lead themselves in either direction.

I'm still not happy with the title. I think it leads the viewer too much in one direction mentally. Maybe I should do like Kandinsky did and just call my paintings, improvisation or composition number XX. Would be easier.

Thanks for the input.