PDA

View Full Version : Revisited Peggy's Cove 3

Esmeralinda
01-19-2005, 09:41 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-19-2005/52322_WC-Peggys_Cove_3.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Revisited Peggy's Cove 3
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: small
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I rubbed shadows with a paper towel.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Does it look better ?

Wayne Gaudon
01-19-2005, 10:40 AM
yes, but don't stop there. Now scumble in some highlites to lead me where you want me to stop and spend some time.
In this composition I would think the white shack would be in the magic spot but all the white is cold. In patches, it could use some nice bright warm whites. The shadow side could use some nice ultra blue (muted of course) with some muted purples and greens. The roof could use just a hit of cad orange and cad yellow medium; perhpas just along the eves with one little trinket on the roof.

Of couse this is only how I would treat the piece so feel free to think I'm nuts and use your own version of how you want to display. :D

jerryW
01-19-2005, 11:05 AM
it expresses a freshness so I would not fool around with it any more.

chammi kaiser
01-19-2005, 04:15 PM
:wave: I think it is so much better and agree with Jerry. It has a charm of its own and any more messing around would detract from the freshness. Chammi.

Gavinart
01-19-2005, 06:05 PM
It's a little flat. Needs some more - shading...

The barn is a bit muddy - and the white one is not a cube, yet. Where is the light coming from? The red is way too punchy and needs an underpainting to cool down the fire.

I like te wayyou have painted the distance in the line of land on the left. Nice use of hues.

It just makes sense to me - f there is so much attention to the little red boat - that I would be able to make out what's going on up in the landing.

Esmeralinda
01-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Thank you all for your comments and help. Really appreciate it.

I will work on the white shack a little to give more lighting and eyecatching as was suggested. You have a good point.

But will stop there because I find it wouldn't harmonize with my other two paintings if I work too much on it.

Thanks again to all.

Linda :wave:

Tamana
01-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Morning, Linda! :wave:

That water is crystal like the reflection of a looking glass!! I really like the effect of this one, especially the red boat pulling in the viewer's right for balance. Well done. I'm enjoying this virtual tour of the cove!!