PDA

View Full Version : :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

alfaro
01-19-2005, 06:01 AM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

alfaro
01-19-2005, 06:18 AM

pipicacassosso
01-19-2005, 09:16 AM
Masterly executed.

minimonkey
01-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Wow -- both of these are great, very powerful! Are these new?

PALudeking
01-19-2005, 01:51 PM
Are you taking any classes? I wonder if more depth could be achevied or perhaps some more imaginative content? You would do well to try something different once in a while because right now your in a rut.......take a look at M.C escher and see what he did with design and pen and ink ..you have potential, but I feel youve grown stagnant.

debbi_carr
01-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Are you taking any classes? I wonder if more depth could be achevied or perhaps some more imaginative content? You would do well to try something different once in a while because right now your in a rut.......take a look at M.C escher and see what he did with design and pen and ink ..you have potential, but I feel youve grown stagnant.

i think i disagree...i think this is way more interesting than the flower series that you posted previously Ed. i quite like the first one in this post...masterfully executed as said before and it has enough depth for me (which there isn't as much of in the second image of this post.).

I read just now in another post that you're colour blind! how interesting! a colour blind artist. do you know of any others?

PALudeking
01-19-2005, 02:39 PM
Please feel free to disagree but I have seen Ed postings for a few years now and the faces and flowers are an oft repeated theme , so would trying something new be bad advice...?

debbi_carr
01-19-2005, 03:41 PM
so would trying something new be bad advice...?

i don't know! you're asking the wrong person here. i couldn't care less frankly (whether it was bad or good advice). just saying i disagreed...that's all :D

PALudeking
01-19-2005, 03:48 PM
I think thats a cop out, you care, or you wouldnt have disagreed with me ... :rolleyes:

debbi_carr
01-19-2005, 04:53 PM
I think thats a cop out, you care, or you wouldnt have disagreed with me ... :rolleyes:

i don't think that's necessarily a logical deduction. i really do NOT care. i can disagree without caring...i don't know about anyone else, but i can say for myself that such a scenario is possible. i do think this issue is besides the point of Ed's post though...and i DO care to not side track anymore, and so i won't :).

PALudeking
01-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Well even if you dont care, I prefer to explain why I posted.

I feel Ed isnt living up to his potential... he has, said, "how easy" it is for him to produce this style of art...and he has proven that he is a master at creating with abstract line.

Ed also, has asked for more than empty praise and a pat on the back, he is seriously interested in become an even better artist.

I would like to see something different something else from him. Anything would interest me more than just this same type of stuff.

Ed mix it up a bit !
Try something without lines!
Paint or even paper mache'!

Tamana
01-19-2005, 10:58 PM
Or maybe some Origami?! :p

I'm with MagPi, these are Masterfully done - the line work is excellent. It's like an integration of your past and forms that you've shown most recently that seemed to be lacking. Seems like an evolutionary step to me.

alfaro
01-20-2005, 12:02 AM
what a lively conversation.
dont assumeidont do other styles, but this is the style that is me.
movingon progressing does not especially mean changing up drastically, there is always room to revolt within your own sphere.

you may also see that limiting yourself in style andmedium might help your imagination. i use black and white for more reasons thenonly color blindness.

i am trying to concentrate onone thing and doit verywell.

but i also agree with subjectmatter, it has been a point of mine which i would like to improve.

to get a complete look at whatim doin up to this moment check out a post i put up tonight "alot of drawings"

(the flowers i draw for my mom she likes them, and i have grown to really like organic shapes, plants, flowers, trees.)

thank you to those for the nice comments, i work really hard, and dedicate myself, and support, and people liking what i do i get alot o joy out of.

thank you again.

anyone want to sendme subjectmatter suggestions, send em, ill draw a few suggestions, and post them here.
:)