PDA

View Full Version : Three more acrylics

Helen Zapata
01-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Finally finished these in time to show my boutique lady this afternoon. I've run out of title ideas, and am reduced to naming them by date. January1805 A, B, and C! Catchy, huh! :D

Helen

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jan-2005/13900-jan1805A_220.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jan-2005/13900-jan1805B_220.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jan-2005/13900-jan1805C_220.jpg

blumoon
01-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Beautiful, Helen. And more frames I have to covet. :evil: Are these landscapes of France? They remind me of scenes from the French countryside. The last one reminds me of lavendar fields in France. Are these 2X3's? How are you determining your pricing?

TauCetiV
01-18-2005, 04:00 PM
GLORIOUS HELEN! :clap: :clap: :clap: Are you all using magnifying glass to do these ? The frames are beautiful as well :D

Helen Zapata
01-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Oh yah, sorry... yes, they are 2x3. Acrylics on matboard. Clear gloss final layer.

This boutique owner asked for Tuscan scenes, so I'm just basically making these up. They are pretty fun to do!

I'm pricing by what sounds fair to me. Cheap enough to move them out, but not so cheap that I'm wasting valuable painting time to do them.

No Terri, no magnifying glass (yet!) But it is starting to sound like a darned good idea! lol

I love these frames! They are more from Aaron Brothers Art Mart. I have four more of them left to fill up. :)

Helen

JamieWG
01-18-2005, 04:39 PM
Helen, they are charmers! I'll bet they'll sell like crazy. Keep us posted on that, okay? Your frames are beautiful too.

Jamie

Bertoni
01-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Helen:
These are truly wonderful and very evocative of Tuscany!!! :clap: And do I envy you having an Aaron Bros in your area!!! Those frames are terrific!

Sonia
01-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Really joyful colours, and with those frames, they should jump off the shelves.

Bendaini
01-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Have you tried looking in the dollar tree for frames? I don't know if they have dollar stores in your area, but the ones here have some very lovely small frames.

Hmmm... now I want some mat board to do mini's on. This masonite is great, but I'm kinda limited on sizes based on the dementions of the scrap I get.

Yep, very tusken... they are so cute.

bjs0704
01-19-2005, 12:26 AM
Helen - These little minis are fabulous! I really love the sunny colors! Keep up the good work and good luck with the boutique lady!

Barb Solomon :cat:

valchina612
01-19-2005, 04:32 AM
All three are truly beautiful, as well as the lovely frames. Definitely very Tuscan looking. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hope you sell them quickly, so you can paint some more for sale -- I think they will be snapped up.

Val. :wave:

Helen Zapata
01-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Crissy, I definitely want to check out the dollar stores. Frame hunting must be a Miniaturist's passion!

My boutique lady loved these little bitties. She took all six that I had done for her, so I'd better get painting more. :clap:

Helen

AriadneArts
01-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Simply lovely and congrats on the sale. Keep up the good work. :clap:

dd50
01-19-2005, 11:11 PM
Hmmmm??? Is it just me or does anybody else think the frames take away from the art ... again. I say again, because I responded in another post about the frames taking away from the art too.

These paintings are adorable .. bright and very contemporary, the frames are ... I guess I'd say gold and more traditional .. and just seem too 'heavy' for the art, I think they would look better in a mat.

I know some frames are really pretty and elegant, but for miniatures, I guess they seem to weigh down the content of the painting. At least that's the way it seems to me.

Just some thoughts ...

I do LOVE the paintings though!

Hugs,
Dee

paintsplatter
01-20-2005, 08:27 AM
Oh Helen, they are beautiful!!!!! Such color and love the depth you've put in such a small space. The Frames are really cool too!!! Wow!!!

Helen Zapata
01-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Hi Dee

I'm sure that these would look pretty good in a mat too. A totally different look, and I think that minis do look really neat when they are matted out to a larger size. I don't want to go crazy in framing costs though (been there, done that).

With these I was looking for frames that would be more along the traditional plein air framing concepts. These aren't plein air, but I like the look of the fat gold frame. And it's allowing them to stay small enough to be tucked onto a shelf or a desk. The boutique lady really liked them, and even made a point of mentioning that she loved the frames.

We all like different things, and that's great!

Helen

Geniebug
01-20-2005, 01:28 PM
Lovely little paintings. I like the frames too, they remind me of "old time charming", does that make sense? Like something my grandmother would have displayed in her glass front secretary.

I have been to several dollar stores here in Florida but no luck on finding frames. They change stock often though... you never know what they will have. Seems like some of the frame companies would have an outlet for their scraps if they would offer them as mini frames.

Enjoying everyones work.
Pat

Lady Rando
01-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Helen, what type or brand of acylics are you painting with? I just can't get mine to have as nice a coverage as yours. I'm using W&N.

Helen Zapata
01-20-2005, 03:09 PM
Pat, I like that... "old time charming". :)

Tamara, I'm using mostly Golden Heavy Body Acrylics. But my Yellow Ochre and Burnt Sienna are Van Gogh, and my black is W&N Galeria. The Goldens are pretty nice. The Van Gogh I only bought cuz it was cheap and I was feeling poor that day. I really like the opacity of the Galeria Black and am thinking of trying more of them as I use up these Goldens.

Helen