PDA

View Full Version : wip: Mom & Dad

mcknight
01-17-2005, 10:28 PM
Here's where I'm at with my portraits of my Mom and Dad. I still have work to do but I don't want to spend too much more time on them. Any critiques or comments appreciated.

pero lane
01-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Dave...excellant work here!! Your Mom's lower face (chin & jaw area) seems really dark but it may just be the pic! :)

A Few Pigments
01-19-2005, 12:34 PM
This is wonderful. I especially like the way the warm flesh tones contrast with the cool hues. It emphasizes the 3D effect in the painting.

Spyderbabe
01-19-2005, 02:01 PM
This diptych format is perfect for presenting this couple. At first glance Dad seems foremost and prominent but look again and it's mom who's the anchor and radiating the light. :clap:

LisaArt
01-20-2005, 03:03 AM
This diptych format is perfect for presenting this couple. At first glance Dad seems foremost and prominent but look again and it's mom who's the anchor and radiating the light. :clap:

Yes, I agree with Kathleen,
Very handsome couple your parents are....It is a beautiful painting. Looks done to me. I love harmony of colours here. Both painting have then same vibrant light! :clap:

haaf
01-20-2005, 03:36 AM
Beautiful range of colors applied here, stunning!
Like also the shapes working together in the background
Good composition.
As a crit.. what bothers me a little is that your dad is somewhat blurred depicted and yr mom is painted with a sharp focus.
In real life you would see them evenly sharp..imo.

Caroline ;)