PDA

View Full Version : nesting dolls

themanda
01-17-2005, 08:53 PM
not sure about that green. debated about painting over it. this is something like 24x36...acrylic on canvas.

Brian Firth
01-17-2005, 09:37 PM
This is really cool! I love the cool blue sky and the soft shiny texture of the dolls. Very surrealistic. I think my only critique is that the shadows look like the could be more contoured and possibly softened some. I like the green, I say keep it.

chandlerjr
01-17-2005, 10:06 PM
themanda,
Yes, yes, yes,--this is what I was saying in my post on your other thread. This is where you shine. The Surrealist world is what you instinctively know!
You said "I did it just for you"--Larry is happy!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Larry C.

MountainSong
01-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Wow, good call Larry.
Themanda this is wonderful. In the thumb nail they look like desert pinnacles too.... :cool:
You got your sky and ground DOF right too…Rock On Girl.
Definite move forward.

Tamana
01-18-2005, 08:16 AM
Surreal may be your ticket, Manda; however, I still like your contemporary as well; they contained powerful messages though depicted in a subtle manner. I LOVE (oh like you wouldn't know ha!) the green in this one!! There's a part of me that wants to see it duplicated in the center portion of the farthest doll to the viewer's left - and there's a part of me that really likes the tension of just the one. Either way, keep the green.

MonicaB
01-18-2005, 08:51 AM
Yes, this is wonderful! I also love the bit of green. It adds a lot.

pearlgirl
01-18-2005, 06:06 PM
You have posted a few since I was last here (been on holiday...wahoo). I am still catching up on past posts but can see that your personality continues to infuse your work with an original flavour.

In this, I percieve an hierarchical system that defies human nature...ie. the biggest, most powerful is overlooking the smallest and most insignificant 'dolls'.

The shiny, hard exterior is a good rendition and adds to the scenerio, for me. Nice stuff Amanda.

chandlerjr
01-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Pearlgirl,
Nice to see you back posting again.
Larry C.