PDA

View Full Version : art internships in new england area

jojo5185
01-17-2005, 12:51 AM
Hello everyone,

I am a sophomore illustration/graphic design major at Mass Art in Boston. I want to get a head start on internships and hopefully find some work over this upcoming summer, but I haven't had much luck as far as finding job listings. Does anyone know of any websites that have internship listings, or anything at all? I have been looking on collegecentral.com, which is helpful, but I want to find some other sites too. can anybody help me out, pleeease? thanks! please email me if you can, [email protected]

Reignboblu
01-18-2005, 03:15 AM
Oh that's awesome, you wouldn't know Grimaldi Baez or Heidi Finn by any chance would ya? I hope to be up there this fall in painting. Anyway. Uh try the RISD site the have a good job listing and internship listing there, open to anyone mostly, my friend got a job painting sponge bob on a gas tank for a motorcycle from there, random stuff, but some good stuff too. Where are you from?

Quiet
01-18-2005, 11:35 PM
Hello Jojo,

One good thing to do would be to look up companies that use art of the sort that you art to do. If they arenít advertise internships, then contact them and say youíre looking for one Ė because internship opportunities often arenít important enough to the company to bother advertising. Larger companies would be more likely to have regular internship opportunities, but I suspect smaller, less bureaucratic companies might be more likely to invent a position for you on the fly if they love you.

Good luck!