PDA

View Full Version : Thread-hogging! and questions!

rmg
01-16-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm so pleased with what I did yesterday... must hog a thread! I usually batch anneal, as I don't like switching on the kiln for an hour or so work, but yesterday I just made beads... so I put them straight in the kiln, and here's some of the results! lots of BIG beads; fairie measures 75mm x 47mm (wing span)! the question; her skirt is only 3 mm thick on average; is this thick enough or do you think it will be too fragile? I'd hate to sell it only to be told that it broke,,,
organic is 33mmx 29mm , black lentil focal is 27mm x 27mm..thanks for looking, Rachelle.

JoyceMI
01-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Very nice stuff! I really like the fairy! Great job!

As far as the thickness of her skirt, the 3mm should be thick enough as long as the hole isn't running through the center of that 3mm. If it is a solid 3mm, then it should be thick enough.... Which way does the hole run through her?

rmg
01-17-2005, 02:14 AM
Thanks for replying, Joyce! the 3 mm is at the thinest part of skirt,as its sculptured it's not all the same thickness. the whole runs through center of wings; I started with a long base bead, and then built her up, down and out, for wings, head and skirt! Rachelle.

AlaskaBarb
01-17-2005, 06:04 AM
Oooh, I love the planetary one with orange moons! (That's where I used to live, before I came to this planet.)

Nice job!

I'd hang onto the angel, since she's your first. Hang her above your torch -- she can be your guardian shop angel.

B