PDA

View Full Version : Sunday S&T

beadreamer
01-16-2005, 03:34 AM
Hi All! I'm back from a month long torch break...so here are my first sets this year...a ladybug lentil pin and a black and white squeezed set.

galia
01-16-2005, 06:03 AM
Hi,
those are beautiful Mary.

and I keep having fun with my annealing kiln AND I'm getting better every day (if I may say so myself)
here is my second attempt at encosed florals and t bead with my stringer painting.

galia

kctori
01-16-2005, 09:32 AM
I KNOW how good it is to finally get back to the torch, Mary... enjoy. Galia - I was just yesterday talking about creating drawings with stringers - referenced Terri Caspari Schmidt... have you ever seen her cockatiels? amazing. To have encased - and retained the 'painted look' is just further amazing. Good work :clap:

I have found that the jitterbug frit behaves so differently on each color glass - my current favorite is the Transparent Purple... it makes a nice backdrop... then with Copper Green swirls.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jan-2005/12438-FrittedHeart.jpg

and as posted yesterday... more hearts - this time buttons...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jan-2005/12438-brightsWC.jpg

AMR GlassWorks
01-16-2005, 09:32 AM
Great start this morning! Love the ladybug and that 1st blue flower focal is really pretty!! Here's mine from a couple of days ago! Was playing around with the Egypt challange trying to come up with somthing else!
Jill ya snuck in on me! Love that heart and those buttons are so cute!!

Black River Beads
01-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Great sunday s&t. Here is one from me

beadescape
01-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Beautiful beads everyone. Anne, I wish you lived closer since we are both in the same state. I love your work.Here is something I have been working on lately. They all fit the same ring. This is fun because I can try different techniques and I get bored trying to make sets.

dread
01-16-2005, 10:26 AM
I havnt posted show and tell for a bit - that Christmas thing and work took a lot of my time and havint been torching much or painting so this week and last weekend I started doing something I dont do and thats make a whole set
Make a few of the ruffle necklaces and something I call a tab necklace just need to finish earings and their off to relatives and friends as lat christmas gifts (thats how busy I was - could not even finish some jewelry)
Made in boro (I cant stop using this stuff )
The ruffles are different and not shots of same necklace - the third one went out today in the mail and I am starting more today.

StefaniBeads
01-16-2005, 10:33 AM
Mary - Cuuute lady bug!! I love the b/w set too!

Galia - Beautiful colors in the painted focal, wow!!

Jill - I have always admired the shapes of your hearts, lovely color too! I've never made a heart, but that's the shape I would strive for!

Anne - My gosh! Before I even read your post, my very first thoughts were 'Egypt', lol! :D

James and Mandi - Wow!! What wild color! Is that raku??

Jan - I love the perfect little round shapes, and if I had the $$, I'd get a whole collection of those!!

Here's some of my latest:

StefaniBeads
01-16-2005, 10:42 AM
Oops Deborah, didn't see you there!

Amazing boro!! I love the ruffles, and they are something different. Lucky folks who get the jewelry! I don't wear much, but this is something I would wear for sure! ;) :)

Booger
01-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Oooooo, Wet Canvas Is slower today that I am!!!
I am going to try the attachment first and then will post again in a separate window.....Is WC on the way down???

Three heads.....all inspired/copied from another EBay seller and painter by the name of Bone Diva. She wrote awhile ago and asked if I ever considered making skelatons for Day of The Dead Collectors and I was off. And with her permission - am showing you some of the results.

Back In A Bit,
Sheryll

margaretz
01-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Wonderful beads today! I'm particularly fond of Jill's heart focal- it's lovely! (jill- great job!)

I'm having a fantastic weekend- getting ready to head back to Bronwen Heilman's studio for day 2 of her painting class. I'm really happy with everything I made yesterday (pictures will be posted when I have the beadies!), and I'm so excited for today... i think she's doing another one of these classes right after the tucson shows, too.

Here's a long one- crushed aventurine/ enamel on the base; SIS and red stringer work over silver. I think that's it. Have a great day everyone!

Paul Katherman
01-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Wow! Great beads today.

I like that heart bead Jill.

Deborah, Those are so cool the ruffles are so unique. Let me Know if there is another open torch coming up.

Here is some hearts I was asked to make for V day. I found that they are a lot of fun. I couldn't stop making them. There has been so many made lately that I wasn't going to make them but I had some stores ask for them. I just love making these.

Booger
01-16-2005, 12:03 PM
Lisa - I LIKE the silvered ivory over the transparent! What a bracelet or necklace those would make.
Dread - I ALWAYS ALWAYS love to see your work. I can always count on you to create something unique and original and your necklaces are no exception. The lucky new owners will be so delighted.
Jan - how in the world did you size them all so uniform and are all of those beauties for the ring? Geez....how in the heck did you do that???? They appear exactly the same!
Black River Beads - the raku just pops. I don't recall ever seeing that many colors happen and they are gorgeous.
Anne - Very Egytian looking! Fun and chunky ancient looking. Is this to be your entry?
Jill - have you ever posted your buttons in the Wearable Art forum? What perfect buttons for a handmade item of clothing. I thank you for the heart pic. Never have I tried the frit on a transparent, but you can bet your buttons - I will now!
Galia - I like the painterly look to the tab (my favorite bead) Especially the subtle shading and the outline effect. Most elegant and impressive.
Mary - I will always be drawn to black and whites... LOVELY set of beads and the pin is a great way to show off your beads. Is that what we used to call a Kilt Pin?

Keep Em Coming Folks! Please!!!!
(As long as I am stuck in the Show and Tell? The dishes are safely being put off and ignored with STYLE!)
Sheryll "-Don't-Want-To-Clean" Booger

Paul Katherman
01-16-2005, 12:10 PM
Oooooo, Wet Canvas Is slower today that I am!!!
I am going to try the attachment first and then will post again in a separate window.....Is WC on the way down???

Three heads.....all inspired/copied from another EBay seller and painter by the name of Bone Diva. She wrote awhile ago and asked if I ever considered making skelatons for Day of The Dead Collectors and I was off. And with her permission - am showing you some of the results.

Back In A Bit,
Sheryll

I love those masks. Did you or do you ever make any sculpture? I can only imagine what you are capable of. :clap:

kissmyglass
01-16-2005, 02:05 PM
So Gorgeous!!!!!!!! I love show and tell but I am taking a break today, I need it. Keep torchin' people!

Lenda
01-16-2005, 03:31 PM
There is some magnificent work in this thread. Anne, I love that Egyptian set. Jill, that heart is gorgeous. Deborah, those sets of beads are knock dead gorgeous, I especially like the paddled dots! Fabulous work everyone! I'm showing something I've shown before, I did it for a challenge and I just took a pic of it again for Ebay and a Palm Tree that I did about a week ago.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jan-2005/10665-warringstates1.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jan-2005/10665-whatapalm1.jpg

dragonfoot
01-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Good Morning all
I'm getting really tempted by the beautiful boro colors. Especialy in heart form, but it's a LOT of work with an O2 concentrator. For now I'll stick to moretti.
Here's our's for today, up on the bay.
Have a great day everyone!!

dragonfoot
01-16-2005, 03:37 PM
OOPS
I think I forgot to upload the pix.
I'll try again:

AMR GlassWorks
01-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Anne - Very Egytian looking! Fun and chunky ancient looking. Is this to be your entry?

I'm not sure yet! I may still want to try something else and since we have till the end of Feb then I've got alittle while to ponder! :D My fav of yours is the bride looking head! Everyone's are looking great today!! :clap:

mtbarr
01-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Fantastic show & tell today.

Haven't posted anything lately. I was inspired by an article in the Bead & Button magazine for these.
Abstract heart is borosilicate. I love this. If it doesn't sell on the "Bay", I may just have to start wearing it myself
Chili pepper necklace is of soft suede and borosilicate...
The "My Heart is Blue" necklace is Moretti glass..filigrana.
The leather suede makes these quite wearable with casual clothing.. Like T-shirts and sweatshirts... YUP! YUP! YUP!

Fyrsmith
01-16-2005, 06:24 PM
Good afternoon everyone, sure looks like Valentine's day is near. :D

I have been working on my "spearpoint" pendants this week. Here are two of them and a heart variation.

-Don-

jeffwelsh23462
01-16-2005, 06:24 PM
SUNDAY'S awfully quiet around here.. well, here are a few jeff made yesterday!sandra

Cheddarlander
01-16-2005, 06:57 PM
I just love the hearts! What great inspiration this thread is.

My neice Anna wanted a snowman for her birthday so I gaveit a whirl. These are the first snowmen I've ever made and I'm quite happy with them even if they aren't quite as good as what's in this thread already, but I'm trying not to be a lurker anymore! LOL!

Have a great Sunday evening!
Karen

dread
01-16-2005, 07:41 PM
What lovelies today everybody
Booger - those faces are to "die" for !
Paul - you just missed this weekend - they had an open torch - I couldnt go but if you e-mail nick at the PA Guild he will forward your e-mail to Chrystal who takes care of notifying everyone of an open torch weekend

Ok, one last necklace - it seems every time I torch I make these bubble beads in boro so I just started collecting and last time make a "big" one for the center and today I had enough to make a necklace. Of course was going to torch more today but desperatley trying to clean up my craft room - aka the fusing room and paint room and so far I've painted a King Tut Face for Corrinas Challenge, two nefratiti faces for earings, three Kokapelli and a horse head, - my table got cleaned - and I organized one shelving unit - and I am still stepping over stuff.......... and then theres the spare room..........AHHHHHHH

Paul Katherman
01-16-2005, 08:36 PM
What lovelies today everybody
Booger - those faces are to "die" for !
Paul - you just missed this weekend - they had an open torch - I couldnt go but if you e-mail nick at the PA Guild he will forward your e-mail to Chrystal who takes care of notifying everyone of an open torch weekend

Ok, one last necklace - it seems every time I torch I make these bubble beads in boro so I just started collecting and last time make a "big" one for the center and today I had enough to make a necklace. Of course was going to torch more today but desperatley trying to clean up my craft room - aka the fusing room and paint room and so far I've painted a King Tut Face for Corrinas Challenge, two nefratiti faces for earings, three Kokapelli and a horse head, - my table got cleaned - and I organized one shelving unit - and I am still stepping over stuff.......... and then theres the spare room..........AHHHHHHH

Wow Deb, those beads are great. There must be 30 beads there.

Thanks for the info I will email nick and see if I can get in on the next one.

dread
01-16-2005, 09:42 PM
ahhh - It was like doing one of those challenges - the 30 was easier !
The ruffles are about 99 peices
I just hate doing repetative stuff - I dont know how people make sets just for bracelets let alone necklaces - so I do a few and just keep collecting them until I think I have enough

Open Torch is great but I like going in late spring , summer and early fall as its way too cold in that big old barn !

Love those hearts Paul and Fyresmith - those spearheads are wonderful

SonyaHusko
01-16-2005, 11:56 PM
Holy Cow! 47! I am happy if I can make 10 of the same style without my mind wandering. The look of all 47 of them together is just stunning!

Here are some of our latest, the boro by Chris, the soft glass by me.
The blue/gray beads have metallic stringer work. The purple beads have flowers made with the new lavender-blue opaque and ink blue, with copper green vines.