PDA

View Full Version : Derailed WiP

Matti
01-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Hello! I want your help to decide witch background I should use! It's an oil painting, but I made the backgrounds in PS, but I still can't decide which one I like the most. I thinking of cropping it, like you see in number 3 and 4, but it's already stretched. Maybe it's worth the trouble?
Which one do you like the most? Or maybe you hate them all? Tell me what you think!

Damn, I couldn't use the uoloader. Maybe this computer don't accept cookies, and I don't know where too change it. Alright, I have too attach them as usual...

MountainSong
01-15-2005, 11:12 PM
Gotta' go with number 1. It was between 1 and 3 but...in the end the sense of space and distance in number 1 was the most intriguing. :D Looking forward to seeing it completed - you've wet the appetite!

PALudeking
01-16-2005, 12:43 AM
I like the rounded background seems to work better for the composition.

wiscojaydub
01-16-2005, 12:54 AM
Whoaahoho i love it! Either 1 or 3 :) jaydub :wave:

Tamana
01-16-2005, 09:12 AM
If you're going with the round, then the crop of the third definitely to off-center it a bit. If you're not going with the round then two for balance of distance.

Matti
01-17-2005, 04:27 PM
I think it somehow looks better when it's cropped, it's a better composition. BUT I think it's losing the feeling of distance and emptiness if I crop it.. Hmm tough decision.

Matti
03-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Here's the real painting. Oil on canvas. Don't like it at all anymore. My digicam sucks so it doesn't got the right colors.

it'sALLart
03-08-2005, 05:57 PM
round or jaggy background, it looks better when the red vertical thingy breaks the horizon line... IMO

Matti
03-08-2005, 06:02 PM
"round or jaggy background, it looks better when the red vertical thingy breaks the horizon line... IMO"

I agree! I thought it was finished, but I gotta change that thing first. Thank you for your help!