PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Morning Show and Tell...My First time to start!

dawnann
01-15-2005, 01:24 AM
Good Morning all, I know its only 12:20am but I've have been playing around with Photoshop. I just made these beads and I love the green set! So, Here is my 1st time starting a Show and Tell...

Green, Ivory, and Turq.
I love this new Pink from Val (the big set). It was in the expermintal frit pack!
The blue set is Silver Lake over black.
And the close up of 3 beads is Peony Pink overheated.

Zooziis
01-15-2005, 01:42 AM
Nice beads! I really love the green set, Great Job!

The focal is Pink Gaffer, mixed frit and Raku shard. The hearts are Olive Gaffer with Tuscany Olive frit, and Pink Gaffer wtih Peony Pink Frit.

kissmyglass
01-15-2005, 01:46 AM
Beautiful Dawn - I love the pink! Amy, love the hearts and alllllll my zooziis presses!!!!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jan-2005/48205-DSCN0819.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jan-2005/48205-DSCN0811.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jan-2005/48205-DSCN0754.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jan-2005/48205-DSCN0756.jpg

dawnann
01-15-2005, 01:50 AM
Amy, Sweet beads. I just edited in my set of Peony Pink (I did not think anyone would be up this early/late,lol). I really love that frit. I can not wait for my presses to arrive! I recieved notice that they were shipped today :clap: :clap: Thanks! Dawn

rmg
01-15-2005, 03:07 AM
good-morning ladies! I've been waiting for this thread to start! It's 9.am over here! Katherine,(Kissmyglass) I love that black heart set, and the one below it is beautiful! Amy,the colours of your hearts are lovely, What is this gaffer glass I keep seeing?? :confused: Dawn, I really like that blue set, and your photos are really good! I'm still working on photos,-.. now have a friend helping! ( thanks Galia!) thes are two new sets I've put on ebay ( my second week on ebay!!) critiques are welcome! Have a great weekend, Rachelle.

StefaniBeads
01-15-2005, 05:50 AM
Good morning everybody, and wonderful eye candy so far! :D

Dawnann - Great sets! I love how the pink frit turned out for you! If I try to overheat with my HH, I get reduction yuck on the pinks, or I boil and bubble the frit! Are frits better to work with when you have an oxy/propane torch?? I wonder about that.

Amy - Oh wow! I never thought of olive and pink together, that's gorgeous!! Love the gaffer, now if I can ever get my hands on some....

kissmyglass - All of them are beautiful, but I especially love the bottom set!

Rachelle - Very pretty! I really admire artists with the talent to make sets with different beads, in a "color scheme" like this. I wouldn't know where to start! :rolleyes:

Here's my latest stuff: Yes, more frit beads! :wink2: Hyacinth over Moretti white, apricot sorbet over Spectrum white, and copper green and turquoise.

Lynne Smith
01-15-2005, 06:43 AM
Here is my contribution to the Tsunami Relief Fund. It is called floral tribute.
DawnAnn I love the pink and Amy the focal is fantastic. Kissmyglas I'm also voting for the bottom set. To the rest, great beads, I can never remember what belong to who.
Lynne S

Mr.Smiley
01-15-2005, 07:05 AM
I need you to send me all these beads for closer inspection.... very nice!

Hearts of boro for me today. Have a fantastic day!

JCA
01-15-2005, 08:13 AM
Looks like another start to a colorful day of Eyecandy :clap:
Today is Bead meeting down in Kent Ohio :D :D
Ms. Booger is demoing :evil:
Heres mine I was asked if I could do a red bi-cone with black and gold flames. I used ocra(sp) for the gold
Next Flaming heart.
HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!

Ellen Altamore
01-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the show, guys, your beads were beautiful today.
Boog, too long between flames, buddy. Nice to see you. :wave:

Tomsanctuary426
01-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Hi there everyone :clap: ~Great shows so far this morning!!! Here are a few from Tom.
:) Tom & Karen :)

KellyD
01-15-2005, 09:27 AM
Dawn- those are great photos and beads too!

This is a set I named Lady Bug Picnic, I don't know if you can tell from the photo or not, but there are two little ladybugs sitting at a picnic table with plates of watermelon on the square bead.
The other one is a set of flowers I made using gold pink over white.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Kelly

Lenda
01-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Really nice work everyone! I especially love that pink frit! Beautiful color. Here's one for me today, malachite looking dots on ivory. Don't ask what the malachite is, I made some frit stringer a while ago and don't know what it is!:rolleyes:

Edit, Kelly that is so dang cute!!!!! Great job and so hard to execute when it's so little!!! Love the flowers!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jan-2005/10665-malachitedreams1.jpg

chroma
01-15-2005, 09:31 AM
Dawnann, what is Silver Lake?
bj

dawnann
01-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Dawnann, what is Silver Lake?
bj

Good Moring all, Beautiful Beads Everyone!

BJ, Silver Lake is Vals Frit. I love it.

Good Day All, Dawn

mperaza
01-15-2005, 09:46 AM
Wow - all of your beads rock!!!! Can't remember everyones' beads, but I have to mention Amy - I just love those 2-tone hearts! and Kelly D- the lady bug picnic is just too cute!!

Don't have pics ready yet from yesterday, so I'll be back later or tomorrow with them.

Have a great day!
Marilyn

JavaGirlBT
01-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Amy those hearts are just gorgeous!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

beadsncharms
01-15-2005, 10:57 AM
I put together the Ultimate Valentines Day Sampler and it's on eBay. Hopefully, someone will not be able to resist chocolates and roses.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209626&stc=1

Glenda

Darla60
01-15-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm so glad it's Saturday! Here's my contribution to Show-n-Tell...made from Bullseye. It was a one time run, two weeks in December and I am sad to say it is long gone. I was lucky enough to get a small supply from Vickie Branch of M&D Designs. If you would like further info, just PM me.

Darla

taneres
01-15-2005, 11:30 AM
I haven't had too much time to post lately....I don't know what I have been doing.....just doin' it. :rolleyes:

Jeff, I like that last sparkly one the best.

oohhhh, I just got distracted and forgot what I was going to say. But here is a glimps of what lingers....I now need to get some more pink frit from Val.....those overcooked ones are neato......Lenda, I am in love with that bead, I love the swirls of green in each of the dots. ... (what did you do differently than everybody in posting your pic to make it show up on this reply to topic page...yours is the only one?)

Here are some I have created lately.

Serena

AMR GlassWorks
01-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Wow everyone!! So many to comment on everyone's but they are all great!! Here's what I did a couple of days ago! Gotta run errands now! :rolleyes:

Lenda
01-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Lenda, I am in love with that bead, I love the swirls of green in each of the dots. ... (what did you do differently than everybody in posting your pic to make it show up on this reply to topic page...yours is the only one?)

Serena
Hi Serena. I use the Image Uploader when I show my stuff. If you look up in the top right hand corner where it says Quick Links? Pull that menu down, click on Image uploader and it opens a window. Browse your harddrive, find the pic, hit upload. Copy and paste the code that comes back into your post and you're done!:D

And thanks about my bead. Yours are wonderful today!:D

kctori
01-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Anne - how very delicate and pretty... I'm a bit late getting here - and there are S) many to comment on... but overall - great innovative work going on! I like an upcoming holiday to drive the inspiration bandwagon!

Lenda - have you ever seen Terry Caspari Schmidt's work??? I see you headed into that direction, where you take and drag stringer to form images... I'm always amazed even when I can just make a wave!! Very nice...

I'm heart obsessed...

catgirl29
01-15-2005, 12:56 PM
Ooh Darla - I love the shape and color of those hearts!

Here are mine this morning. I've been practicing dots and more dots for the newbie exchange. The set is new violet with periwinkle and opaque cobalt blue and the two big-ish focals are combinations of cobalt, olive, copper green and ivory. I call the blue one "Peacock Star".

Beads-Me!
01-15-2005, 01:14 PM
What a great S&T today! I love all the different styles going on! And it's so nice to have Lenda and Jill posting pictures again - I've missed your work! I actually took a picture for the first time in awhile because I've posted a structured critique so I might as well post it here too! Sorry it's so small - for some reason the image uploader said my normal size was too big!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jan-2005/14950-1111111111111111120052NewBeadShape.jpg

double S
01-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Beautiful work all :clap: Hi Anne :wave: , see me waving at you. Here is a set with a twist on your copper green, opal yellow, rubino. Used some of Val's intense stringer instead of rubino.
Amy love those two toned pink and green hearts. sigh.. need a heart press to add to my mini kalera one
lisa

CarlaAlexander
01-15-2005, 04:09 PM
Here are a couple from me. I ran out of daylight for photos.

TashaBeads
01-15-2005, 04:21 PM
Awesome bead, everybody!

Here are my beads for the day. I made them yesterday and strung them while dh is watching the Louisville game.

lorwolff
01-15-2005, 04:44 PM
I can't believe how inspired I get from WC :clap: :clap: :clap:
I wake up with dole drums most days, then I look around here, and can not wait to torch.
I thank you all so much
here's some (not all) of yesterdays results.

lorwolff
01-15-2005, 04:49 PM
I can't believe how inspired I get from WC :clap: :clap: :clap:
I wake up with dole drums most days, then I look around here, and can not wait to torch.
I thank you all so much
here's some (not all) of yesterdays results.
Oops may have hit submit too soon.
Special thanks and acknowledgement to Terri Caspary Schmidt!!!
I love here work, and she did the most outstanding Demo at the gathering. What a gal :D !!!

jeffwelsh23462
01-15-2005, 05:47 PM
well a little late for me on WC but we have busy today .. anyways here are some various things Jeff has done the past couple days... take care everyone! sandra