PDA

View Full Version : I finished my pendant

frogsong
01-14-2005, 09:59 PM
And now I'm going to attempt to upload pictures here for the first time and I really, really hope I don't do anything wrong and mess up the board somehow.

Here goes nothing...

frogsong
01-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Whoooo hooooooo, I did it! I did it!

gwacie
01-14-2005, 10:11 PM
Beautiful!

DebbieSue
01-14-2005, 10:16 PM
That is gorgeous! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Debbie

Flame Dancer
01-14-2005, 10:21 PM
That is sooo b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l-!!! :clap: Great job!

jessicah
01-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Wow! That's gorgeous :clap: :clap:

beadsbybrat
01-14-2005, 10:22 PM
that is beautiful!!!!!

Graet job and pictures! I wish my camara could do that!!

the brat

rhapsodyfirebeads
01-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Holey Moley!!!!!!!!!!! That is soooooooooooooo pretty!!! I love it!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You are one talented artist!!
~Suzy~

frogsong
01-14-2005, 10:31 PM
Thank you, thank you everyone! :) :)

Beadsbybrat, believe it or not, that camera is a little freebie I got from Dell when I bought my laptop. Works better than my Mavica!!

JayneM
01-14-2005, 10:42 PM
Those florals look like they are floating. Very beautiful,

Orca
01-14-2005, 11:03 PM
That's a wonderful piece, did you do all the silversmithing? Please tell, tell, tell!

MissSpider
01-14-2005, 11:05 PM
That's beautiful!! I don't know how anyone who saw that couldn't instantly covet it!!! Please tell us how you did it!!?

CorvetteJuliet
01-14-2005, 11:31 PM
That is simply divine!!! :clap:

Emily Ash
01-15-2005, 02:52 AM
*falls over in awe*

That is stunning! And I echo Orca's question, did you make the bezel setting too??

Those flowers are exquisite... :clap:

frogsong
01-15-2005, 03:30 AM
Hi everyone, and thanks again for the compliments on the pendant.

Orca and Emily, yes, I did all the silvermithing as well. I was a silversmith before I was a lampworker. But when I found lampworking I put my silver away until recently. People just don't seem to want to pay for the hard work of silversmithing when you can get so much mass produced.....errrr, not so fine silver jewelry out there. So, I pretty much gave up.

But then one day I made a focal bead and one side looked great and the other side looked terrible and I really didn't want to throw it away, so I cut it in half (that's the hard way) drug out my silversmithing tools and made the good half into a pendant.

Then I decided I liked it, so made another floral bead just for putting in a bezel, only this time, when the bead was finished, I smashed one side flat with my graphite paddle (no cutting this time) so that it would sit flat in the bezel cup.

And that's how this one was made. :D

thing_what_squeeks
01-15-2005, 03:39 AM
That is really beautiful! Don't we all sound like a broken record? But I do absolutely adore that pendant.

Tink
01-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Stunning! I really, REALLY like it a LOT!

Nonie
01-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Good Lord that's a beauty!

GinaJ
01-15-2005, 09:50 PM
That is FANTASTIC!!!! The silver work is perfect! What beautiful work :clap:

KetchikanSculptor
01-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Looks wonderful! You are so tallented!

Onalee
01-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Yes the floral is lovely and you did an awsome job on the silver work. Great work. Onalee

Josie
01-18-2005, 03:59 AM
Since we all agree it's incredible I guess now we need to know where you sell. Surely you sell. :evil: Ebay maybe??
Tracey

frogsong
01-18-2005, 05:46 AM
Thank you, and yes, I do sell on eBay.
I'm not sure I know what's legal to post here as far as links, so I won't.

I've been trying to get someone to tell me how to do the signiatures at the bottom of posts with eBay and website links.

Still waiting for an answer :)

barbarajoy
01-18-2005, 08:11 PM
WOW !! is all I can say. Really great work.
~ Barb

kissmyglass
01-18-2005, 11:26 PM
I Want That! Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is It Going On Ebay????????

frogsong
01-18-2005, 11:38 PM
Errr, am I allowed to say it's already there? :D

vintagelb
01-19-2005, 03:10 AM
hello
i am curious as to how u got that setting, did u make it exactly or was it pre bought and jazzed up.. i have quite a few bead halves i would like to do that to but i am not a silver person .. by that i mean i have never worked in that feild.. is it possible to buy a certain size or something and glue it in.. would it be possible for u to tell alittle more on the silver part..
if u want to email me u can i love to chat and even trade u somethign for your knowlege..
thanks for the great photos..
thanks annie
ps.. i woudl tell u how to do that signature but i forgot .. sometimes those are listed in the sticky sections.. under like driections ect.. u can also ask some of the mentors.. good luck..
thanks annie
www.thetimefold.com
www.glassbeadstore.com :clap: :wave:

frogsong
01-19-2005, 03:25 AM
testing to see if my signature worked.

Guess not.

frogsong
01-19-2005, 03:32 AM
testing again

frogsong
01-19-2005, 03:33 AM
Okay, I give up. It must be some secret club since it seems to be so hush hush.

vintagelb
01-19-2005, 05:06 AM
i was just reading htrew the board.. and i saw alink to a sticky where ti talked abotu signitures..
i go see if i can fidn it for ya

frogsong
01-19-2005, 05:23 AM
Hi Annie and thank you.

I've already been to that sticky. It doesn't tell you how to do it. :(

vintagelb
01-19-2005, 07:26 PM
i am so sorry i looked all over this site last night and could not find the instructutions.. if i rember i will come post or pm. u .. i am so sorry i am not of more help i rarely even post here.. i love to look but find i do not have much to say .. lol and i did my signature the first day i signed up and am totally blanking on how.. but if i figuire it out i will let u know and maybe some one will see this post and chime in here ... any time.. ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO DO THE SIGNITURE????
THEREI USED CAPS .. MAYBE THEY WILL SEE AND TELL US..LOL

on another note.. i really loved that settign i am really interested in more info on that.. maybe could we swap emails and chat some.. because its truely a great complimant toyour breat looking bead..

i never took any silver classes.. i have been lampworking for 7 yr and alsway been in to art.. but my sister took jewelry and she is pregnant and said she can not help me for atleat a yr.. lol so when i saw your it was amazing..
well here is my email if u wanna chat
thanks for the picture anyway.. its was inspiring..
lottsa luck annie
[email protected] :clap: :wave:

vintagelb
01-19-2005, 07:40 PM
ok i found some thing..
ok see at teh top of the page it says something about sendign a private message.. click that .. then it will ask for a name ect.. well look to the left for the screan u will see edit signiture.. i just added a wave and it worked.. so try that..
if u need mor ehelp let me know.. i donno if this is correct i sent a pm to a mentor of the board to see what eles i could find for ya..
ok good luck
talk to u soon

ps.. this one shoudl have a wave in my signature.. well see if it works.. lol

frogsong
01-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Hi Annie,

Thank you for all the help. I finally found someone to tell me how to do the signature and got it working.

As for the pendant, the bezel itself comes premade and you can buy it by the foot. You fit a piece of the bezel around the stone (or glass) you are wanting to set then solder that together.Then you have to solder the bezel onto sheet silver to make the bezel cup. There's a lot of filing and polishing to do too, being careful not to hit the fancy bezel and scratching it up. I made the bail by folding over a strip of half round wire and cutting it down the length to spread it apart and get the double loop. Then solder that onto the bezel cup, more filing and polishing. Make sure everything looks good and do the final polish, then set the stone (or glass) in. Because this piece was so tall, I put a dab of e600 glue to hold it in good and tight. If the piece you are setting in the cup isn't very tall, the bezel itself is sufficient to hold it in and the bezel probably would have held this one but better safe than sorry. :)

There's a lot more to it actually and I'm not sure I could actually teach you over the internet. It's better if you can actually see the process and have s someone there to help you before you try it yourself.

Deb

vintagelb
01-19-2005, 08:12 PM
well your explaination was great.. make perfect sence.. i never would have thought of all that.. your right i shoudl see it done but from the point of curiousity u help a lot..
thanks it makes sence..

so glad your signiture worked..
lol
how funny haha.. we could nto find it..
oh my..
well i just added soem photo to the show in tell and am going to check out your ebay stuff in a min
have a great night thansk for that info on the setting..