PDA

View Full Version : Man Book - now what?

richsantaclaus
01-14-2005, 09:26 PM
I have finished another book and I want you to give me suggestions on the color/type of beads that I can make to embellish the book.

The book is 9"x12" in size and is made of wood frames I made, a triptic horizontal book, a triptic vertical book, a regular journal, canvas stretched pages with transfers collaged on it, and generally the kitchen sink!

The closures are made from antique glass buttons and soft leather. The stitching is from old waxed linen they used to sew carpet together in the old days.

So, I'd love to hear from you on what colors of beads I should make + shapes too that I can put somewhere on my book. Thanks ahead of time.

ps. The middle picture is my thought of God's hands holding Adam and Eve in front of a chruch door as the snake watches. I put a small turtle on the collage - don't know why - I just thought it would look good there...lol!

richsantaclaus
01-14-2005, 09:32 PM
Here are the rest of the pictures. Oh, if you'd like to comment - I just love help!

rosiescreations
01-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Very interesting, They are unique. I love them.
I would use reds, copper, maybe some etched beads.
really neat. I love the idea of a very special journal.

JoyceMI
01-14-2005, 09:58 PM
Very unique! I love it! It makes me want to pick it up and examine it more, and look deeper into it all. Not really sure if I can be of help with the bead colors. But I am sure stuff dfinately in reds and deeper rich tones, with maybe some metalics and maybe some copper green.

My curiosity got to me and I had to click on your website. I see you have a store and classes, is this for all the scrapbooking stuff? Very cool! I have never looked too deep into that but have heard many talk of it. I bet one could spend hours in your store!! :D

NYCindy
01-15-2005, 07:40 AM
Way KEWL! (I'm not very articulate at 6 am! :-)

I'd suggest making some copper green and let it get the brown on it - it will match the small splashes of copper green that is already in the book. Also, repeat some of the images in the beads - make some leaves of the copper green for the front. Combine some of the beads with the orangey mango coral that is/was out there - that looks to be some of the color in the last shot.

Awesome book!
Cindy

aussiejules
01-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Turqoise would make a nice contrast. It works well with reds.

Good luck, and make sure you show us the end result.

Jules