PDA

View Full Version : Enigma

Fagan
01-14-2005, 07:37 PM
I am really having fun doing these paintings. *LOL* dont know why.

Sorry for the fuzzy picture....I will try to get a better one tomorrow.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jan-2005/2383-enigma.jpg

close up:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jan-2005/2383-enigmacl1.jpg

SanDL
01-14-2005, 08:14 PM
I just looked at this series and I think it is very strong. It has a captivating edge. The colors are bold and clear. The characters are mysterious, if not a little sinister.
Kudos.

Fagan
01-14-2005, 08:32 PM
thank you Sandy. This may sound strange...but I seem to be purging these paintings out of my system. Is that the word? maybe vomiting? *LOL* anyway...they are coming out.

idylbrush
01-14-2005, 08:54 PM
They are all great, there is a sense of urgency and emptiness and yet there is the edginess that is very appealing. Nicely done. Congratulations.

Fagan
01-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Thanks Howard....I am pleased with the direction this is going. I appreciate your feedback.

MountainSong
01-14-2005, 10:23 PM
I've been going back and forth between your post trying to figure out what to say...

Here's what I got.... :) Your style feels pretty developed and you handle compositions and color well....some of your object placements are very well done indeed and your work is provocative and intriguing over all.

In this forum we often get gut/emotional responses to work - emotion is a major component in Ab/Con, and in that vein I find your work to be dark of spirit and emotionally brooding, unsettled and haunting....it's hard for me too stay with work that emotes like this for long.... :crying:
I rarely commented on dark art but did so this time ‘cause the quality deserves it. :)

(Hmmm....odd...I like really respond to dark music - like Pink Floyd and Rodger Waters. :confused: :confused: )

Fagan
01-14-2005, 11:08 PM
I've been going back and forth between your post trying to figure out what to say...

Here's what I got.... :) Your style feels pretty developed and you handle compositions and color well....some of your object placements are very well done indeed and your work is provocative and intriguing over all.

In this forum we often get gut/emotional responses to work - emotion is a major component in Ab/Con, and in that vein I find your work to be dark of spirit and emotionally brooding, unsettled and haunting....it's hard for me too stay with work that emotes like this for long.... :crying:
I rarely commented on dark art but did so this time ‘cause the quality deserves it. :)

(Hmmm....odd...I like really respond to dark music - like Pink Floyd and Rodger Waters. :confused: :confused: )

I appreciate your thoughts on my paintings. It is brooding and unsettling for me too. Maybe I can get to where they are just intriquing and not so dark of spirit. I like Pink Floyd....sometimes. The music I was listening to while painting is from an old 80's group called Talk Talk.

chandlerjr
01-15-2005, 12:17 AM
Fagan,
I have looked at this several times before commenting. At first, I was not too impressed, but then I came back to it several times. It has a Post-Impressionistic/early Abstract Expressionistic feel to it. I have come to like the composition, and appreciate the visual qualities of this painting. However, I think you should have been more lose with your technique so it doesn't have such a "primitive look" to it.

None the less, I do like this piece art.
Larry C.

Fagan
01-15-2005, 04:51 AM
Fagan,
I have looked at this several times before commenting. At first, I was not too impressed, but then I came back to it several times. It has a Post-Impressionistic/early Abstract Expressionistic feel to it. I have come to like the composition, and appreciate the visual qualities of this painting. However, I think you should have been more lose with your technique so it doesn't have such a "primitive look" to it.

None the less, I do like this piece art.
Larry C.

Hey thanks Larry C. Coming from your expertise this is high praise indeed!
The technique is what it is. I kept it tight and was not loose with the strokes. .........define primitive....? like cave art? I am glad you took more than one look.

Fagan
01-15-2005, 09:43 AM
A better daylight picture...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jan-2005/2383-enigma.jpg