PDA

View Full Version : Any lookers on Ebay today?

Fagan
01-14-2005, 11:54 AM
I have had only 1 looker at my auctions today. Has anyone else noticed the cessation of lookers???? Is something up with Ebay that I havent heard about? I was getting a ton of lookers yesterday. Needless to say...no sales either.

jspatton
01-14-2005, 12:00 PM
I've had a big fat goose-egg since 9:00 last night. I only have two listings, but this is a long dry spell even for little ol' me.

AquaChimp
01-14-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm not sure if it's something with the internet connection in this building, but I was trying to look at ebay art and timed out several times yesterday. Today I could get through but only after a long time. The problem was only with the ebay site for me.

Fagan
01-14-2005, 12:05 PM
great

Laura Tasheiko
01-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Hi Beverly
No, not a lot going on lately. I haven't sold a thing in a week on ebay, which is pretty discouraging. Fortunately, I got paid in advance for a nice commission which should get me thru the month, ...but then what? :eek:
The worse thing about being so poor is not being able to take advantage of some of the wonderful offerings you have up there now. I don't know which I like best, "Jaded" or "Lily's Crow" ! It would be a hard choice - they are both stunning. Well, let's hope things pick up soon so I can at least stay plugged in and on a really good day get some groceries. L :)

madmum
01-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Really NOT great :( About 20 between 3 non-FPs, 2 of which are ending in a few hours, and no bids on any :(

About 10 or so on my FP'd marbles - made a mistake with the title (marble not marbles) and had a bid so couldn't change it :rolleyes: Total hits there is about 170 with 3 days left (10 day auction).

Very frustrated :confused:

Ruth

Fagan
01-14-2005, 02:58 PM
It isnt just slow here....it is like it stopped altogether. Jeeze Marie.

Maryem
01-14-2005, 04:37 PM
I have stopped looking at looks........

Andale is very temperamental.

I now only look to see if I have any bids.

I may look again at Ebid and Ioffer as they have free listings.

Mary

hillrune
01-14-2005, 07:28 PM
I have stopped looking at looks........

Andale is very temperamental.

Mary

It's true Mary I never could count on Andale the counter kept getting stuck! No really!

EBAY now has the Omniture service for those with storefronts...go to traffic reporting in manage your store. It's very sensitive to hits!

But like the rest of you suddenly things are very quiet. I was shocked the other morning when I opened up...no views from midnight to 6am...usually there's someone! And again today you'd think it's a library around here.

Mary

meriadoc
01-14-2005, 07:34 PM
i normally don't get many views, but last time i looked i havent' gotten anything in almost two days now... normally i get two or three views per day.. now i got nada.

Fagan
01-14-2005, 07:38 PM
this is very strange....I wonder what the heck is going on.

JaiShi
01-14-2005, 08:12 PM
I think yesterday I had 2 views and today about 2 to 3 views. I notice my counter spikes up whenever I post here, lol, so I'm pretty sure most of my views are coming from WC. eBay seems to be really slow.

I had email an eBay artist (don't remember her name *yikes*) who consistently has 500+ views and ask how she got so many views. Her answer to me was time and consistency : /

Oh well, I hope views pick up soon....better yet BIDS, lol.

hillrune
01-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Yeah the graph on my traffic report looks like stairsteps...going down to the basement!

Mary

TeAnne
01-15-2005, 10:00 AM
It could be the mass exodus from ebay. Many are going elsewhere. A lot of members are in the ebay forums fighting over the price rises.

I havn't logged in today.

surreal
01-18-2005, 12:40 AM
The last 3 days for me have been very bleak in terms of views.

I thought views were supposed to pick up in mid-January.

I guess things are different every year.

sandge
01-18-2005, 01:52 AM
I was going to post about this last night.

But then I remembered what I had said here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3050182&postcount=13) :rolleyes: :D

arteitaliana
01-18-2005, 01:53 AM
Quite bad for me also, few hits and low sales amounts. Ebay connection was also timing off a lot today.

hillrune
01-18-2005, 08:05 AM
Basically my andale count showed 4 views per listing...I'll have to check omniture.

Anyone have trouble with their pics on the first page of the listing?

Mary

theIsland
01-18-2005, 08:41 AM
I think we're seeing a slow recovery from the holidays this year because so many people made generous donations to tsunami funds. Either directly, or by buying charity items on eBay. My non-FPed tsunami auction got a ton of hits and sold for more than three times as much as it did the first time around (NPB), while my other listings were pretty much ignored.

Noma

Fagan
01-18-2005, 09:15 AM
I think we're seeing a slow recovery from the holidays this year because so many people made generous donations to tsunami funds. Either directly, or by buying charity items on eBay. My non-FPed tsunami auction got a ton of hits and sold for more than three times as much as it did the first time around (NPB), while my other listings were pretty much ignored.

Noma

That could a good reason. With Ebay being sporadic....coming off Xmas.....getting ready for Tax time.....and people giving to charity. This is a good time to go on vacation! *LOL*

surreal
01-18-2005, 09:30 AM
.....getting ready for Tax time.........

Tell me you really don't believe this.
:(

The thought of views being low from now until April is a bit unbearable for me.
LOL

I refuse to think that folk are getting ready for tax time now!

:wink2:

Fagan
01-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Tell me you really don't believe this.
:(

The thought of views being low from now until April is a bit unbearable for me.
LOL

I refuse to think that folk are getting ready for tax time now!

:wink2:

Well...I guess maybe not quite tax time....is that better? *LOL*

surreal
01-18-2005, 09:49 AM
Well...I guess maybe not quite tax time....is that better? *LOL*
Much better!!!
LOL
:D