PDA

View Full Version : Early Friday Show and tell (or late Thursday, depending on where you are!!)

Kimberly Affleck
01-14-2005, 01:56 AM
Here are a few more for Tucson. Two of them I think are kind of ugly. What do you think??

Kimberly Affleck
01-14-2005, 01:57 AM
One more.

Pipyr
01-14-2005, 02:01 AM
Holy cow, Kimberly...those are GORGEOUS!! :clap:
Your Newbie,
Mel

dustyg
01-14-2005, 02:25 AM
those really are incredible

AZ Joolz
01-14-2005, 02:41 AM
I think you should send me the "ugly" ones...or hold them and I'll pick them up in Tucson. :wave:

Lisa

catgirl29
01-14-2005, 02:52 AM
Kimberly, they are ALL gorgeous! I'm sure that you will sell every single one in Tucson!

Here are a few more hollow-core vessels from me and some Valentine's Day-inspired hearts. Black and reduced plum, cobalt blue with raised florals, light turquoise with raised florals. Maybe I should name the last bead "Black is My Heart". I didn't mean for it to be but it's copper leaf on dark ivory and rolled in raku frit.

I'm putting most of these on the 'Bay in the next couple of days.

Jiley
01-14-2005, 03:00 AM
Kim, you are da BOMB!!!!

Here are some new ones for me!

beachbeads
01-14-2005, 04:27 AM
Kim, your beads are beautiful!!! I am enjoying being laid off and torching alot. Here's a couple from today. I am hooked ons for a special request, and it was fun, but I got bored and had to start decorating after a few hours, good night. Sheila

beachbeads
01-14-2005, 04:29 AM
opps, forgot photo, here's some of what I did yesterday and cleaned today.

renderspace
01-14-2005, 05:10 AM
OK, lets start the medley.
It's Friday in most of the country.

Rud

AsKoru Beads

Website (http://www.askorubeads.com)

Bead Shop (http://www.askorubeads.com/xcart/customer/)

"Those that can't fly, will always try to clip the wings of those that can".
Heinlein

TheMadBeader
01-14-2005, 05:13 AM
Ok Kimberly, I give up, which two are ugly!!!?? Since you will be in the hotel selling where I will be staying I would be more than happy to come collect all the ugly beads from you and save you from embarrasment! LOL Looking forward to meeting you in person.

KellyD
01-14-2005, 05:42 AM
Kimberly- I think those beads are beautiful! I've been enjoying looking at all of your beautiful beads you have been showing lately.

Here is another Easter set I made and a Dogwood floral set.
Kelly

jbriz
01-14-2005, 06:37 AM
Allllll of these are gorgeous! But, I have to say that Kim's work is always, always inspiring. Beautiful! And, Kelly, your easter set is totally awesome!!! I love all those wonderful little bunnies, ducks, carrots......it's all way too cool!

angelina74
01-14-2005, 07:08 AM
The bunnies made me chuckle. Too Cute!
Here is my latest, a springtime set (bullseye glass).

Lenda
01-14-2005, 08:05 AM
Beautiful work everyone! Just one for me today.:D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jan-2005/10665-gardenwalk1.jpg

Darla60
01-14-2005, 08:12 AM
My tiles, only this time with a twist! These are FLIPSIDES!

Happy Show-n-Tell!

Darla

Booger
01-14-2005, 08:13 AM
One to counter balance all the pretties. It's "ART." I know it's art because it looks weird and I don't understand it....

THIS is the sort of thing that happens when NLC, Nikki comes over. In fact, the eyebrow is cane that she made And I stole! Come over again, Sheep Goddess!

Flying,
Sheryll

Tomsanctuary426
01-14-2005, 08:20 AM
Good Friday morning all~
Tom squeezed in a dichroic bracelet yesterday. He got something in his eye yesterday and had to go to the Dr.'s. Hopefully he will be better by this weekend and get some more glass made. Have a great weekend!!!
:) Tom & Karen :)

glasglas
01-14-2005, 08:22 AM
I'm in CT, where we've have ice and snow this week, now with rain and lots of wind. Tucson sounds divine. :::sigh:::

Today we have a few vessels and a couple of sets, including the ubiquitous encased stripes. ;) (The blob in the middle of the green vessel is the putty holding it in place for the pic.)

Scott's having a heckuva time with some dichro beads, so I'm off to do some forum-searching.

peace, all --
debbie

Teri.p
01-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Kimberly, you're gonna give your beads a complex; doncha know a mother should love all her babies equally?

Sheryll, you can call him Art - I just call him MINE!

I'm still squeezing beads, and having way too much fun to call it work.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jan-2005/23019-50031.jpg

Teri

jeffwelsh23462
01-14-2005, 08:48 AM
Good friday everyone. Well it was 75 beautiful degrees here yesterday now this am that wicked COLD FRONT is coming thru.. already a tornado watch and flood watch gonna be a crazy day... it's 65 now gonna be 45 by 12N.. No wonder everyone is sick!!! Anyways, everyone's glass is great BUT i love ART! He's the awesome! :clap:
Well Jeff was able to spend a hour or so on the torch was able to make a few things.... here's a samplin'! all boro some with dichroic some none! Hope everyone has a great friday and even better WEEKEND!!! SANDRA

SuzyQ
01-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Kimberly I love those soft pastels! I know you aren't a pink fan but you do it pretty well :)

Darla those shimmery tiles are so yummy.

Here is my offering. I finally broke down and ordered the stringer control video. It is clearly a weakness :(

beadescape
01-14-2005, 09:58 AM
Eveyone's work is incredible. I tried a long skinny bead on my HH and it exploded one one end. More practice. These were saved from a mistake and now they are one of my favorite styles. Val's Ocelot Spots, which I love.

maureen
01-14-2005, 10:43 AM
i was only able to make one bead yesterday :( ....but i'm pretty pleased....
maureen

Jennifer Geldard
01-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Darla! I just love those tiles!
Beautiful!!

Here are a couple of mine...
The first is an etched XL Lentil using a multi-color encased stringer for most of the detailing... the second is a silvered ivory twist tapered barrel with apricot swirlies.

LaurieNardo
01-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Good morning, sneaking in before work, not that I wont sneak in during work, ha.. still working on the photo taking, just wanted to share, I'm at about 30 hours on the fire breathing dragon,, Thanks, wait.... anyone have any good excuses so I can stay home n torch? _Laurie

chroma
01-14-2005, 11:48 AM
Hey Beachbeads. . . do you ever sleep? or eat? What a load of beads!
bj

CalmWaterStudio
01-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Kim ~ I love those beads! I was thinking as I was watching them download.."It's a good thing I'm not going to be at Tucson.. I'd go broke on these!"

Janelle ~ Really pretty vessels and beads. I especially like the turquoise one! Is it alabastro?

Jiley ~ very nice beads! I can't decide which set I like best.. both are wonderful!

Shelia ~ your beads are so creative! I love the play on shapes in the top set!

Rud ~ I love these beads.. very nice!!!

Kelly ~ The dogwoods are just beautiful!

Angie ~ such pretty colors.. so soft. Nice beads!!!!

Lenda ~ How pretty... how very pretty. I'm bidding on that baby.

Darla ~ pretty tiles! Nice colors, too!

Sheryll ~ You always have the coolest beads... I look forward to them!

Tom ~ Pretty bracelet!!

Debbie ~ Really nice vessels! I especially like the first one!

Teri ~ What lively colors! I really like this set!!!

Jeff and Sandra ~ Really pretty... as usual. I like your hearts!!

Suzy ~ Pretty color combination! What color red did you use? It's so rich and pretty.

Jan ~ Wow, I like this bracelet. Ocelot Spots is one of my favorite frits.. really interesting beads you made!

Maureen ~ That is one awesome bead. Wow!

Jennifer ~ This lentil just made me gasp!! You are truly gifted.

Laurie ~ Beautiful necklace! I love that flower! Welcome to Wet Canvas!

I haven't torched in a few days, and am going through withdrawls! I did manage to photograph some things I made a few nights back, and here are a few of them. (Yep, I guess I'm hogging!!)

kenchunk
01-14-2005, 12:07 PM
Hey Beachbeads. . . do you ever sleep? or eat? What a load of beads!
bj
I was wondering the same thing...

Darla, I LOVE your tiles!! :clap:

Here is mine :)

quill
01-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Amazing focals in todays show & tell!
Here is one of my latest hearts.
I wanted to torch today but it is -30 here & just tooooooo cold in my studio.

AVCKimberly
01-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Beautiful work today everyone!!!!! I am late today and with only one to offer. :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jan-2005/34963-heartshearts.JPG

Linnea
01-14-2005, 12:45 PM
OHHHHHH everything is soooo Beautiful !!!!!
nothing for me as I am trying to make stuff for Tucson and get packed so I can moved to the other side fo the state a week before I leave for Tucson :( They keep moving the closing date,, we were suppose to close the 4th of Jan,, if they move it again Brian will be moving all by himself :evil:
Have a great day

bolimasa
01-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Here are a few more for Tucson. Two of them I think are kind of ugly. What do you think??

I'll play honest injun. Of the beads posted here the two I care for least (ugly could perhaps be much too strong a word!), would be the first and last one. What I don't care for about them is they have a bit of brown that looks to me like the brown generated from a yellow-green reaction. "That" kind of brown is a particular pet peeve of mine. I get very frustrated when I make yellow florals and get brown crap from reaction with my foliage or base color. I think that particular color reaction is great it many kinds of beads, say dot beads. I just don't care for it it florals or organics.

Now that "peachy" bead is such a gorgeous color. It doesn't look like any morreti color in my collection. Is it just a shade of coral I'm lacking or someting else?

I'm sure you will do great in Tuscon!

KatyAbbott
01-14-2005, 01:34 PM
HI everyone,

Here is the bead I am sending off for the Earth exchange hosted by Deanna Griffin Dove. I think the Tsunami has affected me more than I realized!

Katy Abbott

AmyK
01-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Wow! Some really amazing things today everyone! My set is made mostly of Lauscha glass. I was so pleased when I took them out of the kiln!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jan-2005/34286-envy.jpg

lorwolff
01-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Ouch, it's hard for me to post after such beautiful work.
Kim, Jennifer, Lenda, Sachiko, and too many others to mention.
Here are some I rather like.
Many thanks to Sachiko for 'INSPIRATION'.
I bought one of her beads recently, and am so inspired by the simplicity and beauty.

sadiesjewels
01-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Wow .... I love everything - Ken Chunks beads always make me swoon, but I'm always in admiration of everyones talents and skills ... it all just wants me to go out to the studio and bum off classes (I'm teaching today - printmaking) and do some torching!

Too much to do ... too much to do ... ack!

Sadie

lorwolff
01-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Hmmm, a lil problem with posting pix.
please read my previous post for my comments :wink2:

Kimberly Affleck
01-14-2005, 03:44 PM
I'll play honest injun. Of the beads posted here the two I care for least (ugly could perhaps be much too strong a word!), would be the first and last one. What I don't care for about them is they have a bit of brown that looks to me like the brown generated from a yellow-green reaction. "That" kind of brown is a particular pet peeve of mine. I get very frustrated when I make yellow florals and get brown crap from reaction with my foliage or base color. I think that particular color reaction is great it many kinds of beads, say dot beads. I just don't care for it it florals or organics.

Now that "peachy" bead is such a gorgeous color. It doesn't look like any morreti color in my collection. Is it just a shade of coral I'm lacking or someting else?

I'm sure you will do great in Tuscon!

Hi Linda!
I agree with you. Those are the two I think are not so great. The brown you mention is actually a very dark red, but I don't like the green in the beads. Oh well, you never know, someone my fins them perfectly lovely (I am not known for my taste!!).
The piink is actually Tongue Pink (Effetre). One of my favorite colors!!

bolimasa
01-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Hi Linda!
I agree with you. Those are the two I think are not so great. The brown you mention is actually a very dark red, but I don't like the green in the beads. Oh well, you never know, someone my fins them perfectly lovely (I am not known for my taste!!).
The piink is actually Tongue Pink (Effetre). One of my favorite colors!!

Reds drive me nuts when they turn that reddish brown, dried blood color! That's another peeve of mine. I really like red, but don't have much luck getting to work well for me in beads.

So tongue pink aye? I have some of that. I'll have to give it a try again. I think that's one of those spendy colors that I've been waiting until "I was more worthy" to play with. I may need to feel worthy this weekend. That is a sweet color in your bead!

SuzyQ
01-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Linda have you tried Effetre 458 purple red? It is not tomato but a bluer shade and my favorite red to date. I am on a quest to try them all. :)

bolimasa
01-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Linda have you tried Effetre 458 purple red? It is not tomato but a bluer shade and my favorite red to date. I am on a quest to try them all. :)

That is my favorite red! Two of the "reds" I have (can't remember the numbers!), I would classify as orange! I have some red frits that end up looking like blood spots more often than not... maybe I should make beads and market them as "CSI Beads".

TashaBeads
01-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Here is my submission for the day. I usually lurk and never post. I always get inspired looking at everyone lovely work.

I wanted to try Corina's comfort beads. They evolved to this. The simple white decoration over the transparent stripes really make me happy when I look at them. When you first look at them they look pretty simple, but on looking closer, you discover the play of color under the white. This pic doesn't do them justice. I am going to try them on ebay as well.

Thanks!
Tasha

SuzyQ
01-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Oh Linda I'm pretty sure I have those same CSI frits. Sounds like a good bead auction name, lol.

Pretty beads Tasha!

cronepaula
01-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Here is my little contribution.....

I am also giving Kim a peek at her named bead...in another thread,,, :evil:

BeadBraker
01-14-2005, 09:46 PM
Drive by posting here......the assorted set is for Stephanie Sersich bracelet class I am taking, gonna make a groovy bracelet.

The tiles are for the bay....yellow green, lime green, and lime opaque stringer.

they looked so cute that I put them all together for a photo!

Nancy B in IL GREAT S&T Everyone!

catgirl29
01-15-2005, 03:13 AM
Janelle ~ Really pretty vessels and beads. I especially like the turquoise one! Is it alabastro?

Yep - it's Light Turquoise Alabastro (591348). I just love it but it boils easily.

KetchikanSculptor
01-15-2005, 10:10 PM
I just love EVERYONES beads today! They are so beautiful and I am still such a greenhorn! To embarressed :o to take pictures of mine let alone post any!

So, so, so wonderful! Thank you all for such great inspirations... I want to be like you guys when I grow up! :D