PDA

View Full Version : Two acrylics on matboard

Helen Zapata
01-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Here's two little bitties... each of them are 2x3. Acrylic on matboard. :)

Helen

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jan-2005/13900-011305A_220.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jan-2005/13900-011305B_300.jpg

PMurphy42
01-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Wow .....the colors are amazing. And such detail. Do you use anything to enlarge it while you paint?

Lady Rando
01-13-2005, 05:59 PM
Ahhh, now I want to hang those up with the other painting of yours I have. See what you went and did. :p :D

AriadneArts
01-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Just gorgeous! I especially love the first one!

And, isn't it wonderful the ready-made frames you can get, and at such prices? I have the very same frames. Plus, I'm using Kolinsky sable brushes! Only the best, but because they're so small, they aren't costly. LOL! Many perks to doing miniatures, eh? :D

Lady Rando
01-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Now I'm going to have to go buy frames so I can paint more mini's. :)

Helen Zapata
01-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Gosh, this Forum is flying!

I'm so happy you guys like these! No Patti, I don't use anything to enlarge it.. just squint a lot. lol. I need smaller brushes though! I bought some little ones especially for doing this, but they are still huge on these tiny pieces!

Tamara.. here's another one to tempt you.. :evil:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jan-2005/13900-010905mini_300.jpg

Actually I am doing these Tuscan ones for a boutique that's interested in them. She requested Tuscan themes. I'll be meeting with her next week to talk "money" and see if it's worth my while to work with her.

I got these frames at the "One Cent Sale" at Aaron Brothers Art Mart. Aren't they gorgeous?? I love them! Tamara, definitely buy frames.. it gets you wanting to fill them so bad you can hardly keep from painting!

I have to go put a final gloss on these now. I wanted to grab a photo first. (dang, I just noticed how blurry these photos are)

Helen

Lorijo
01-13-2005, 06:33 PM
They look beautiful Helen! Lori

Bertoni
01-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Helen:
Your minis are fantastic!!! Superb! Love 'em all!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

PMurphy42
01-13-2005, 07:25 PM
When you say mat board, is it the same as what you mat pictures with?

How long does it take you to paint one painting?

And where else can you find such beautiful little frames? I've never heard of Aaron brothers Art Mart?

Sorry for all the questions....but not really...I'm going to pick everyone's brains. :D :D

ponting
01-13-2005, 07:34 PM
What fun...you could fit a whole solo show into your pocket!! I think these are just wonderful.

Can I ask the always dumb question that no artist can ever answer....How long does it take you to do one of these? :rolleyes:

Cheers, Dianna

Helen Zapata
01-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Thank you, thank you! You all have me grinning!

Okay, it takes about a half hour to do one. These last two got spread out in tiny bits over the past three days though, cuz I couldn't find any time to paint. I'm just getting the hang of acrylics again after not using them for many years. I love oils! But it sure is fun to pop these right into the frames!!

Yep, this is regular rag matboard (for framing). Dan (Dharma_bum) recommended it. I've only done 5 minis so far. I did 2 on watercolor paper, but it was so rough. I really like this matboard! I picked out a creamy offwhite that is nearly smooth to the touch. It's lovely to paint on!

I'm so new to doing minis, that I really don't know all the good places for frames. I sure love these though. The regular price is 2.99 to 3.99 on these.

I hear that Michael's has wonderful frames too.

Helen

champagneharley
01-13-2005, 08:33 PM
*writes down Aaron Bros in Buckhead as a 'must go' place to visit this coming Saturday*
:D
I adore the frames. If I find some like that, I'll be painting minis like crazy.
Love these! I enjoyed doing some similar in watercolors. Heaps of fun.
Regards,
Jillian

blumoon
01-13-2005, 09:52 PM
Helen, they look fabulous. I am having frame envy. I haven't seen any as cute as that. :D

champagneharley
01-13-2005, 10:33 PM
I found their website with store locator. They aren't in all states.
Know they are here in GA. I'm heading there Saturday!!!!!!
They say they have over 80 mini frames in stock - varies per store.
Claims to be the largest stock anywhere.
I'm 'in' for it. :)
http://www.aaronbrothers.com
Thank you.
Regards,
Jillian

Asterea
01-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Those frames are awesome, I did a quick search and couldnt find the store online . Bummer!!
I really like your little tuscanys, they glow with color like little gems!
Wonderfull work :clap:

champagneharley
01-13-2005, 11:11 PM
Those frames are awesome, I did a quick search and couldnt find the store online . Bummer!!
I really like your little tuscanys, they glow with color like little gems!
Wonderfull work :clap:
I just edited my last post with the website. I forgot to put it on before. There is a store locator on the site.
Regards,
Jillian

Helen Zapata
01-14-2005, 09:31 AM
Oh, I DO hope you guys can go to Aaron Brothers! I've shopped with them since I was a young art student in California.

They aren't the cheapest for art supplies (anymore), but they are super for ready-made frames! I've sent a lot of people to Aaron Brothers to pick up a frame for a painting. And right now is the best time... they are having their January 1-cent sale. (hopefully that's all over the country) Even extends to large frames! They do a lot of 40-50% off sales too.

Helen

jody007
01-25-2005, 02:04 PM
:clap:
Oh Helen,
Those painting are just Beautiful I love them!!!!

Jody

Helen Zapata
01-26-2005, 09:50 AM
Thank you Jody! :D :D

Helen