PDA

View Full Version : Wet Canvas artists with miniatures on their websites (links)

champagneharley
01-13-2005, 12:33 PM
For people new to miniaturisation I thought it might also be nice to have wc! artists with miniature art and other miniature things on their websites, to state that in a thread.
I have miniatures in a 'miniature gallery' as a gallery type - this shows scanned with coins and brushes for reference size.
I ALSO have an ACTUAL miniature gallery (roombox/dollhouse) and thought this in particular might be of interest to newbies.
Regards,
Jillian

yoyita_yoyita
01-13-2005, 03:47 PM
I am so glad we finally have a Miniature forum!
Here is my website on the Miniatures page.
http://www.yoyita.com/Miniatures.htm

Minibrush
01-13-2005, 06:51 PM
I'm just giddy, too about this forum.

Here's my website, all miniature paintings.
http://home.earthlink.net/~jrobbhall/

Minibrush

wayfarer
01-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Yea!! A miniature forum!!! :clap: :clap:

All my miniatures are on eBay, but I will be adding a gallery on my website soon.

Chris

champagneharley
01-13-2005, 08:37 PM
I forgot to say.... my gallery includes NUDES, so if you're offended please don't go there. I meant to write that, but forgot. :(
Regards,
Jillian

karen m
01-15-2005, 01:34 AM
Just popped into this forum.....happy to see it as I painted miniatures for several years....even won a few awards.

If you'd care to see them, you will find them here:

http://karenmcconnellartist.tripod.com/id6.html

Will be taking time shortly to look at all of your work. :)

yoyita_yoyita
01-15-2005, 01:52 AM
Karen M
I saw your website, your art is so unique!
loved your miniatures.

Bertoni
01-15-2005, 03:25 AM
Karen:
Love your work. Your miniatures are terrific! :clap: :clap: :clap:

karen m
01-15-2005, 08:23 AM
Thanks to both of you....your comments are very much appreciated. :wave:

champagneharley
01-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Just popped into this forum.....happy to see it as I painted miniatures for several years....even won a few awards.

If you'd care to see them, you will find them here:

http://karenmcconnellartist.tripod.com/id6.html

Will be taking time shortly to look at all of your work. :)
I am in awe!
These are simply breathtaking!
Thank you so VERY much for sharing. I am SO grateful for this new forum so that we can be easlily found and get to see such inspirational work.
I'm speechless, and praise would not be high enough.
Regards,
Jillian

karen m
01-15-2005, 09:15 AM
Thank you so much Jillian.

I'm not sure if it's explained somewhere on the site (don't visit that often :rolleyes: ), but these (figurative) are done with a technical pen in a pointillistic manner and the colour is coloured pencil.

I'll be getting to others' sites a bit later today. Some days there are just toooooo many distractions. :mad:

champagneharley
01-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Thank you so much Jillian.

I'm not sure if it's explained somewhere on the site (don't visit that often :rolleyes: ), but these (figurative) are done with a technical pen in a pointillistic manner and the colour is coloured pencil.

I'll be getting to others' sites a bit later today. Some days there are just toooooo many distractions. :mad:
It doesn't matter what they are done with. They are great. I was looking for my technical pens last night, but they were all clogged. Will have to clean them some are decades old!
Regards,
Jillian

karen m
01-15-2005, 11:34 AM
I was looking for my technical pens last night, but they were all clogged. Will have to clean them some are decades old!

Too bad you weren't next door....lol. Because I could provide you with some. I have a brand new Koh-I-Noor technical pen complete with several colours of ink cartridges which I purchased at a very good price several years ago. I have never taken it out of the box and for this work have ended up using the disposable ones with point sizes between .01 and .03., always using black after all. They are pretty reasonably priced here and do go a long way....especially with miniatures.

Sonia
01-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Karen, I found your site a long time ago (must have put in a search for "miniature artists"). I too found your work amazing and the subject matter so different from the norm. Have you completely given up on the detailed work, or just taking a rest from it?

There are one or two miniatures on the Watercolour page of my site (which needs updating - hope to get round to that within a couple of months). I shall no doubt continue to do "little" paintings now and again, but not sure if I can continue to put in the detail required for miniature exhibitions.

champagneharley
01-16-2005, 01:31 PM
Too bad you weren't next door....lol. Because I could provide you with some. I have a brand new Koh-I-Noor technical pen complete with several colours of ink cartridges which I purchased at a very good price several years ago. I have never taken it out of the box and for this work have ended up using the disposable ones with point sizes between .01 and .03., always using black after all. They are pretty reasonably priced here and do go a long way....especially with miniatures.
*LOL* That sounds great. I bought some disposable ones yesterday. .001, but they are still too 'big' for my liking. What amazes me, is that I can do parallel lines with them by hand. I must really have a steady hand.
If I'm in your neighbourhood I'll come get the Koh-I-Noor. *grin*
Mine are SOOOOOO old. I have cleaner, but don't have high hopes of it working.
Regards,
Jillian

champagneharley
01-16-2005, 01:35 PM
There are one or two miniatures on the Watercolour page of my site (which needs updating - hope to get round to that within a couple of months). I shall no doubt continue to do "little" paintings now and again, but not sure if I can continue to put in the detail required for miniature exhibitions.
Thanks for sharing your site. :) Looks great!
Regards,
Jillian

karen m
01-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Karen, I found your site a long time ago (must have put in a search for "miniature artists"). I too found your work amazing and the subject matter so different from the norm. Have you completely given up on the detailed work, or just taking a rest from it?

Thank you for the nice words. Am not sure if I have completely given up on the detailed things.....but AM resting from it for quite awhile, preferring to experiment with abstracts and mixed media. It was so exacting and has become so physcially demanding that I felt it was losing much of its spontaneity due to the length of time required to complete each piece. Especially in the larger ones.

I went to your site.....such lovely work! :clap:

I know that many people who view miniatures might be very unaware of the time involved. My own take anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks to do.

Bookmarked the site...planning to return often.

karen m
01-16-2005, 02:41 PM
*LOL* That sounds great. I bought some disposable ones yesterday. .001, but they are still too 'big' for my liking. What amazes me, is that I can do parallel lines with them by hand. I must really have a steady hand.
If I'm in your neighbourhood I'll come get the Koh-I-Noor. *grin*
Mine are SOOOOOO old. I have cleaner, but don't have high hopes of it working.
Regards,
Jillian

Have fun with these. And don't drink too much coffee which might spoil the parallel lines.... ;)
And yes. When in the neighbourhood, you are most welcome! :)

champagneharley
01-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Have fun with these. And don't drink too much coffee which might spoil the parallel lines.... ;)
And yes. When in the neighbourhood, you are most welcome! :)
I don't drink coffee, and just couldn't resist doing a test. Found out also they are 005, not 001. :)
Regards,
Jillian

karen m
01-16-2005, 04:17 PM
I don't drink coffee

Hmmm....maybe something a little stronger then...after your discovery. :)
No wonder it seemed BIG! Hopefully you can exchange, or get another?

champagneharley
01-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Hmmm....maybe something a little stronger then...after your discovery. :)
No wonder it seemed BIG! Hopefully you can exchange, or get another?
No they are the smallest. I just made a mistake in the size. I did a nude today as an experiment. It was okay.
Regards,
Jillian

karen m
01-16-2005, 11:19 PM
I did a nude today as an experiment.
Are we going to see?

champagneharley
01-17-2005, 02:08 AM
Are we going to see?
I did it as a thread. It's got a sticky butt icon. :D
Regards,
Jillian

trialcallig
01-17-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm thrilled to see miniatures in a forum. I'll be visiting websites tonight. Here's my website:
http://www.sherritrial.com/miniatures.htm

karen m
01-17-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm thrilled to see miniatures in a forum. I'll be visiting websites tonight. Here's my website:

Sherri....fabulous work. Not only the miniatures but the larger works as well. Such a treat. Thanks. :clap:

champagneharley
01-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Definitely a treat to see your work!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Regards,
Jillian

trialcallig
01-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Thanks, Karen & Jillian!

Sonia
01-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Thanks Jillian. Also Karen - I have also wandered into the realm of mixed media and trying to be a bit more abstract - not sure I'm grasping the latter, I always have to end up representing something or other! Beware, though, this site can get a bit addictive - I end up browsing more than creating :D

Fantastic work, trialcallig - another of my interests is artists books, but I try to avoid the calligraphy, my handwriting is definitely untidy, to say the least.

Bendaini
01-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Oh, I'll post mine... It's below. I only have a few mini's actually posted. I can think of two that fit the 16 sq. in. rule, the little house, and the turtle. Others have been 18 sq. in., namely the ones I just posted the other day.

All of my sculptures are under 6 inches in length. I still have to get them up on my sight though.

Printmakerguy
11-29-2006, 02:56 AM
Thought that I would add my site and bump this up so some of the newer people around here can post thiers as well!

http://www.agott.com

Link on the left to Miniature Drawings.

-Andrew

David Patterson
10-14-2007, 03:28 AM
It's about time for another "bump". I'm new to miniatures, and have only two ACEO's. Will add more soon! Hopefully others will see this thread and add their link.

My miniatures are here:
http://www.photosandfineart.com/home

David

Indyviews
10-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Here is my miniature gallery, there are only five at this time however nearly all of my university drawings are miniatures.

http://www.stevehulldrawings.com/pages/art-galleries/gallery-of-miniature-drawings-page-1.html

plabyak
10-16-2007, 05:40 PM
As to sharing websites, one of the easy ways is the signature block....hence, always shows when you post. Pete

bfree
10-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Hi Pete,

Just took another look at your blog site and you've done a lot since I first saw it. Also a lot of really nice new work too! Being a visual person, I didn't read it all, but I like the layout and it's a clean, clear presentation. Aren't you glad you got dragged into it? :)

plabyak
10-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks Barb,

The short answer is yes. Really helps at outdoor shows when talking to people and can refer them to the site, especially in case they might consider a commission. Got a couple already with it. Also nice to have for when people do buy works and I can point out that they can get a little background on me and my works. Have a dear friend to thank who did most of the work....and the pushing. Pete

danworg
11-04-2007, 12:49 PM
I thought i would quickly put my new website address up.

www.dollshouseart.co.uk (http://www.dollshouseart.co.uk)

I have been rushing this to just get something up,as well as painting like mad to get my paintings out to a couple of shops.
It must be going mad with the run up to xmas.
I know the web site needs loads of work done...and new pictures as well,but hey i have only got one pair of hands,,,,:lol:

Dan:)

wildlifepainters
11-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Sorry Jillian and group that I missed this one many years ago. Here's the official link:

www.artofwildlife.com

The website has the work of both Wes and Rachelle Siegrist

Paula Ford
11-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Hi Everybody,

I am new to the world of miniatures and LOVE painting them. Here are a couple on my website....adding more soon. There are also a few more on my blog.

:wave:
Paula
http://data.fineartstudioonline.com/dataviewer.asp?keyvalue=6666&page=VC9731