Colour Pencil on stone henge paper

2 and 3/4 inches x 5 inches

This one is for the tsunami project.

Comments welcome.

Thanks for looking, Judith

Dhuot
01-12-2005, 08:52 PM
I like that.

Of course , I can see and hear the pain of this person, and she seems to still find strength to sing ?!

There is something tough when I look at it, I see hands " asking " for help...
Nice dress with ( huge ) waves...

Daniel

Tamana
01-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Hello, Miss Judith J - Nice to see you back over this way. Wonderful tribute to a wonderful cause. I too choose to see that she's singing in the face of sorrow - retaining hope in the face of darkness - standing where she should've fallen.

Nicly done.

judithj
01-13-2005, 10:29 PM
Hi Daniel
Thanks for your kind words. I did this drawing intuitively with out knowing or consciously intending anything. The sorrow that I feel for the victims of the wave was very much in my heart during the creative process. I cannot even really imagine the pain and the scope of the pain. Singing and asking for help. That is so positive and full of hope. Mmmmm. Thanks for sharing this insight. I was too close to the image to see it. Judith

Hello, Miss Tamana - It is a delight to drop in here. I've been puttering around in the plein air landscape form and painting landscapes outside and it is such a lot of fun. But when it comes to expressing emotions for me, it needs to come out intuitively and abstractly. Truth be known - I have also discovered scrapbooking and have been engrossed in a cutting and pasting process making books for christmas. Gee - am I all over the place or what? I am absolutely tickled pink at your interpretation of this little drawing. I didn't really know what she ment when she came to me and you and Daniel have helped to me see it. For that I am really greatful. Thanks, Judith

PALudeking
01-13-2005, 10:40 PM
Quite a daring subject and this is indeed a powerful piece. Thanks for showing us this .

judithj
01-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Quite a daring subject and this is indeed a powerful piece. Thanks for showing us this .