PDA

View Full Version : FP fiasco - second chance offer- advise :)

ale.l
01-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Some of you might remember this painting and my plan to put it on reserve and start it low to attract bidders ...yeah..that was the plan :)

It struggled through its days with plenty of watchers and views but bids were just trickling in - reaching 36 on the lats day. I hoped it would finally go over 49.99 but it just remained as it was :( After 382 views! Now what's the trick - was the painting so bad or God knows. I really like this one and it took me quite some time...

Anyway, I thought the wisest thing to do now was to offer it to the highest bidder and I did that. The thing is I have had no response after a full day so I doubt the buyer wants it at all. I could offer it to the next which is 1 dollar less but only after I am certain this one doesn't want it... damn!

If I do it will sell for 12 dollars.. Isn't that funny :)

If I relist I doubt I can get a price to recover the loss and have a decent profit on it. LESSONS can sometimes be expensive, can't they :)

I have a feeling there would have been a bid if it hadn't been put on reserve.. with the views and 9 watchers and several bidders.... but.. what's done is done. :evil: :evil: :evil:

FP'd painting (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3773844761&ssPageName=STRK:MEUS:IT)

andymathis
01-12-2005, 05:58 PM
This is the one that you didn't disclose the reserve price, right?
I think buyers are put off by reserves- especially if they are undisclosed.

I would not sell it for $12 if you had a reserve of 50. That person is much less likely to bid next time, jmo.

ale.l
01-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Hi, not for 12... 36 is the final bid.. I said 12 would be my profit minus FP fees and all.. even less - I forgot the FVF :) OOOOOH!!!!!