PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday 1/11 S&T

Pipyr
01-11-2005, 01:05 AM
Hi everyone! Just turned midnight here, so I am bravely starting out this S&T with a newbie bead :D I'm actually pretty happy with this one, and now that I have SOME idea of what I'm doing, I have alllllll kinds of ideas flowing!! I'm at about 26 or 27 hours on the torch now (yay! :clap: )...What do you all have to show today??
Your Newbie,
Mel

llglassdesigns
01-11-2005, 01:08 AM
Nice bead. :clap: You are doing great!

Deb

kybeadmaker
01-11-2005, 01:18 AM
Great bead, Mel. I think you have a knack for beadmaking :) I just did another set with frits in deeper colors this time, and with some hearts thrown in.

AVCKimberly
01-11-2005, 01:25 AM
Mel, that is AWESOME sister!!! :clap: :clap:

Harriet, those are beautiful too! Are those Val's frits from the "Frit of the Month"? I got them today, but I haven't used them yet.

Here are two new sets for me.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2005/34963-grandmawschina.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2005/34963-vineyardkudzu.JPG

Zooziis
01-11-2005, 01:39 AM
Wow a great start! Nice way to kick it off Mel! Here are a few things from me. The Purple hearts sold in less then 30 minutes on Ebay BIN. The other two are up there now... All made with Val's frits and canes. The lentil also has copper organza and some red Uroboros accents.

MaryBethC
01-11-2005, 02:07 AM
Nice bead, Mel! You are doing great!
I love your beads Harriet - they look like exotic gems!
Very nice, Kim!
Amy - beautiful work! Did you use your heart tool for your heart sets - I am so tempted...

Anyway, here is one from me - I used Blue Heeler's Santa Fe Frit on these:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2005/14242-ccs5.jpg

Lara
01-11-2005, 02:11 AM
Some pretties already.

Kim I really like your sets, very graphic
Amy Your focal is way cool. I really like the copper mesh.

Today, more pink. All BE.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2005/10029-BE_PINK_2.jpg

LL

AVCKimberly
01-11-2005, 02:12 AM
Thank you guys! What beautiful beads here tonight! Us late night folks must be creative!

Bump...Yes, we all want to know Amy. Did you create those with your press? I LOVE to make hearts and speading up production would be nice. Sure you don't have an extra around the studio that you could send me? ROFL!!!! I have three of your presses, what's one more??

AVCKimberly
01-11-2005, 02:14 AM
Some pretties already.

Kim I really like your sets, very graphic
Amy Your focal is way cool. Do I see copper mesh in there?

Today, more pink. All BE.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2005/10029-BE_PINK_2.jpg

LL

Why thank ya Lara!!! I LOVE your pink!!! I am going to have to cook up a pink set for myself!!

Orca
01-11-2005, 02:33 AM
Mel, I love that focal, so much depth!
Harriet, those are incredible, so meltingly clear!
Kim, great sets, I can never, ever get two beads to match!
Amy, wonderful, especially the focal with the copper mesh!
Mary Beth, great Southwestern look!
Lara, I wish that I could get pinks to actually look pink!

Here I have the "Hallucinating Oyster", a bead of wonderful weirdness,
and a Sceptre Focal, "Glittering Ocean".

bolimasa
01-11-2005, 02:42 AM
I haven't posted a show in a while. Here are a few new ones from me...

Lara
01-11-2005, 02:42 AM
Kim, your welcome, glad you like the pink.

Orca, Bullseye baby, the only pink to use. Recommend by 4 out of 5 lampworkers. :) Your second bead is too cool, very original. And your photo, as always, is great.

Lara

rmg
01-11-2005, 02:43 AM
good morning ! you are up early! It's only 8.30 am over here! Mel your bead is great! definately not a "newbie" bead! :clap: Kim, I like that first set very much! lovely! and all the hearts are great too! do you ladies have trouble cleaning them? I've broken so many hearts trying to clean them.. :crying: I've been having fun with raking and silver-fuming.. here are the results! ( the last one is not fumed- raku stringer raked.
have a great day, Rachelle. orca, you beat me to the post! those beads are magnificent!

Emily NZ
01-11-2005, 02:55 AM
So many lovelies today! :clap: :clap:
Here is a Spotted boro frog from me. (2 views)
55 mm x 25mm

Trishki
01-11-2005, 02:56 AM
Beautiful beads everyone!
I finally have something to show! This set was cut short by the flu, and I'll never finish it - but whatever I finished I like- nonetheless!
The tell: Ink blue, light turquoise, light ivory and Corina's lollipop/saturn press, and a bunch of patience.

taneres
01-11-2005, 02:57 AM
Wow, so much so early....or late.

Absolutely beautiful everyone.

Here are some of mine. I wish I would have etched the blue and white set, but oh well....maybe next time. :cool:

Serena

LunaKT
01-11-2005, 03:43 AM
So, I've been working on some new directions for myself...these are my first organics, and also my first tubes...and one is even also my one of first beads to go on ebay! Geez!

Love everyone's beads so far...Mel I never would have guessed that was a newbie bead! and Orca I love the glittering ocean bead, such a great shape! Amy it took me a really long time to figure out how you got a ribbon in there--love the copper mesh!!!

Keep going everyone!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2005/20739-longtubes.jpg

glasglas
01-11-2005, 04:53 AM
Oh, the colors and the textures and the creativity here! Fantastic!!

I did some work on a goofy needle felted character yesterday. Her name is Pandora Peabrain and she's modeling a cheerful little set of Scott's beads, so I thought it would be fun to share her here. :)

peace --
debbie

JCA
01-11-2005, 06:15 AM
WOW! Lots of Great Eye candy already :clap:
I am going to have a hard time letting this one go.
It is one of the best ones I think I have done!
Night Fire!

PyroAaron
01-11-2005, 07:27 AM
WOW! This is a happening place this morning! Awesome stuff everyone!

Here is some more boro stuff. I have my Valentine's pink theme.

Black River Beads
01-11-2005, 07:28 AM
So many early birds this morning. I am up early with a sick boy and are on our way to the doctor. Here is one from Mandi. It is reichenbach (hope I spelled it right) glass reduced.
James

kimv
01-11-2005, 08:09 AM
Wow, awesome things, as usual!
This necklace is going to be my offering in the Tsunami Aid Art Project. It's 18 inches with sodalite and amethyst beads, sterling findings. Gaffer white glass with copper foil and Val's Silver Blue frit, twirled and then encased with clear. Hopefully will be posted there tonight, I need to work on the description today after work.
Any suggestions welcome. I know that the beads in the back are blurry, tis the best I can do with my current setup. If my Cloud Dome ever gets here, hopefully, that will be taken care of in the future. TIA
Kim V
PS-I was playing with the camera. The second one is a closeup of the main bead.

LTomei
01-11-2005, 08:22 AM
Hi,
All such lovely creations here! Here are my humble hearts. I like doing these by hand (ouch) :D , but I am saving up for the mold. I think a set of matching hearts would be really nice.
Linda :cat:

Mr.Smiley
01-11-2005, 08:22 AM
Do you ever sleep? I can't imagine how there are already 20 posts of such great stuff. Great job every body! My favorite bead of the day is Orca's first... WOW!

Here is a boro heart and a little fish... enjoy! :wave:

rosemarie23
01-11-2005, 08:32 AM
I can't believe there are so many things up already! Here is another of my florals.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2005/19087-Side.jpg

Tomsanctuary426
01-11-2005, 09:04 AM
Good morning all~
What a great start to todays S & T!!!!! Debbie...I love Pandora Peabrain and her lovely necklace. Tom has been busy making his beads and bracelets...on the other hand, I have been down with a cold, so I haven't posted anything lately. So, here is what he has been up to.
Have a great day,
:) Tom & Karen :)

mperaza
01-11-2005, 09:35 AM
Wow - you guys are all up so early!! (or stayed up very late last night). Either way - what a beautiful bunch of beads already! I can't remember everyone's beads to reply individually.

Here's a group shot of a few I made yesterday. I was working with the colors of the Southwest.

Have a great day.
Marilyn

llglassdesigns
01-11-2005, 09:43 AM
Truely awesome work everyone. :clap: Thanks!

Deb

swamperfolk
01-11-2005, 09:48 AM
Wow already page two. I worked on sets last night.

JoyceMI
01-11-2005, 09:48 AM
Wow, a busy morning already. I see lots of gorgeous stuff!

Just one set from me today. More raku! I kind of thought they had a southwest flare to them.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2005/24298-southwest-raku2szd.JPG

rightbrainbeads
01-11-2005, 09:50 AM
Mel, that is a great bead!

Wow, there are so many I like...

Orca, I love yours!
Wonderful colors, Mary Beth!
Beautiful, Trishki! I can imagine that it took *a lot* of patience to make them!

Here's the only thing that I have on eBay so far this week. I thought I'd have plenty of time to do eBay now that I'm only working, and not going to school *and* working, but if I do eBay, I have a lot less time to MAKe beads (and just chill, which I dearly love to do :D )!!! Ah, the dilemmas of life...

Lots of purple rose in this...

lynne

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2005/10185-valleafclose.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2005/10185-valleafback.jpg

Onalee
01-11-2005, 09:56 AM
Emily, I gott say that your frog bead is the coolest bead yet!!!! Onalee

lsking
01-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Wowzers everyone!!!!! What a rockin' S&T...Lynne I love your leaves!!!! Gorgeous colors!!!!

It is completely drippy and horrible out here in KC, so I made a happy set of rounds with Purple Rose Frit as a Monday special for the bay.....my son named it Grapleberry Blast...sounds like a kiddy cereal (for all I know it is.....)

Have a great day everyone!!!

jeffwelsh23462
01-11-2005, 10:50 AM
WOW! Thought i hit the wrong thread,, so many yummy eye candy already, it's only 9:45 on the east coast. i guess i started out slow today... anyways... i absolutely love the boro frog bead... AWESOME! Well here are a few things Jeff made last night.. all boro and all have dichroic in them.... hope everyone has a terrific day! sandra :clap: :clap:

SELSEY
01-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Oh my, what an incredibly show and tell today!

Emily, I LOVE your frog... I collect all kinds of frogs and that one has to be one of the best.

Aaron, great heart!

Here is my latest heart contribution

Rosie2000
01-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Boy...everyone is inspired today. Great work everyone :clap: I've been playing with black and white in muted tones and experimenting with new handformed shapes for my beads. So I have my melon bead and my muted black and whites caught up in A-Mazing-Bead wearable art necklace.

Rosie the wildwoman...creations for men and women who prefer to lead and not follow :wave: :wave:

MitraP
01-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Wow wow wow! Love all of the hearts! Everybody's been really busy!

Here are my newest...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2005/13054-011005-02.jpg

littlecrow1
01-11-2005, 11:30 AM
OMGoodness!! Stunning Show and Tell!! :clap:

Outta the kiln this morning...loads of silver, copper green, EDP, Rubino, Lavender and some reduced silver purple...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=207830&stc=1

GraceGirl
01-11-2005, 12:04 PM
I was thinking of Valentine's coming up.......

bluelizzy
01-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Wow, what an incredible collection of beads today, such wonderful colors and shapes. Just what I need in this gray gloomy weather we've been having around my area of the world. I've been working in bright colors trying to brighten my spirits. Today I'll be working on florals, that always makes me feel better. :D

ejralph
01-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Hi all
Three sets for my show and tell today. Some organic beads with SIS and amethyst, plus a couple of brighter sets.

Emma

ejralph
01-11-2005, 01:04 PM
ok
fess up - who ate my picture?

lets try this again

CalamitysClan
01-11-2005, 01:18 PM

CalamitysClan
01-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Well I don't know what happened to my post. It's gone! Anyway this is my set from last weekend. Dark brown, dark ivory and amber with adventurine stringer. The most beads I have made for one set! I wish I had more time to torch.

Patricia

Iona
01-11-2005, 02:28 PM
What a great show today, they're all so good. Deb that is such a beautiful flower, love that purple. Emily, I just love that frog, they are a favorite of mine too. That boro looks so good. Iona

bolimasa
01-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Wow a great start! Nice way to kick it off Mel! Here are a few things from me. The Purple hearts sold in less then 30 minutes on Ebay BIN. The other two are up there now... All made with Val's frits and canes. The lentil also has copper organza and some red Uroboros accents.

How stiff is your organza. I have some copper mesh that looks similar to yours, but I find it a llittle stiff to work with. I bought mine at a craft store. If there is a copper mesh thats more "organza like" I'd like to try it. I haven't used mine in a way I find particularily atractive yet. Yours look nice!

CharleneN
01-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Wow what a thread full of GORGEOUS BEADS!!!

GraceGirl
01-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Turquoise, Aqua and Dark Ivory beads today......

Zooziis
01-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Hi Sorry I didn't answer the questions earlier, but I've been gone all day...started with a trip to the PO then drum lessons, coffee with a friend, errands.....

Okay, yes, the hearts are made with the Zoozii Lovin'. If you want more information about that and what sizes are available check my forum (link in my sig line).

The copper organza is pretty flexible and was purchased through Blue Heeler, another IP member. I love it!

Thank you all for the nice comments...the focal sold today on Ebay with a BIN

yippee :clap:

bluelizzy
01-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Wow, Amy!!! Bead artist, tool designer and you play the drums, too...... :D