PDA

View Full Version : Monday Evening...Really Big Show & Tell

quill
01-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Had to post this. My first bead using the big Zoozii Diamond press. It's 35mm across! So... what do you-all have to show?

Orca
01-10-2005, 09:24 PM
I love that focal Linda! And I SO envy you your wire-wrapping skills, my attempts at pendants suck, they simply suck.

These are two of the items that hit the 'Bay today, Silver Sundae, and Midnight Spring.

moondanse
01-10-2005, 09:34 PM
Quill and Orca.................

I have only one thing to say...

G O R G E O U S!!!! Or my first thoughts...DAMN NICE!!!

(I wanna be a lampworker, too!!!............waaaaahhhh!)

blyneth
01-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Those are BEAUTIFUL quill! :clap:

CHG Studios
01-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Well, I'm not in the same class as Quill and Orca (those are beautiful beads!), but here is my set none-the-less.

Missy

Girlie~O~
01-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Linda~ your pendant is lovely!
Sherry~ ooohhh, I have to HAVE that set! :evil:
Missy~ don't sell yourself short! Your set is B-E-A-U-TIFUL :clap: :clap:

JoyceMI
01-11-2005, 12:12 AM
OOOOHH!!! Sherry, That black and pink set is absolutely gorgeous!! LOOOOVE IT! YUM!

It looks like it is lightly etched, right?

BeadBraker
01-11-2005, 12:20 AM
I am absolutely blown away tonight! You all rock!
I have no words to tell ya....stunning.

Nancy B in IL

Lara
01-11-2005, 02:36 AM
Well, I'm not in the same class as Quill and Orca (those are beautiful beads!), but here is my set none-the-less.

Missy

Missy, I really like your set a let. I agree, don't sell yourself short.

Is that brown? if so, which brown, cause I've been looking for a nice brown for a while.

Lara

CHG Studios
01-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Lara - If you can believe it, that brown is Moretti's dark brown, S-452. Etching these really brought out the 'brown' in the beads, and hid the reddish brown that was there before.

Lara
01-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Thanks Missy

Lara

margaretz
01-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Wowzers... what wonderful stuff today!
Quill- the diamond is awesome... great colors.
Sherry- the set is breathtaking... such sharp contrast- great design!
Missy- like Sherry's, an awesome set... I really like that brown... hard to believe it's 452... great job!

Here's two recent "talisman" pieces... I'm having so much fun with this series... base is white enamel and crushed aventurine with lotsa stringer work... Have a great night, everyone! I'm headed back to the torch... prepping for BBSII here in Feb... the clock is ticking... I might be bald by Feb 2, but I'll have a lot of beads. :rolleyes:

Edited: Didn't realize these were so big! SorrY!

quill
01-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Didn't realize these were so big! SorrY!

Hey, don't apologise, Margaret. The title of this thread is 'Really Big Show & Tell' after all.
& I just wanted to say those beads are awesome! Thanks so much for the tell, I thought they had enamel but wasn't sure.

margaretz
01-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Also just realized that I'm a total flake!!! It's TUESDAY, isn't it, and this was monday evening's S &T... oh boy... that's what I get for not reading too closely...
quill- I use enamel sometimes on these beads... when I had it, I also used powdered 204 white glass- created a bit of a different texture, but now I can't find it anywhere... the white enamel does just as nicely- but is a bit stronger. Otherwise, a light colored base is the trick for getting the aventurine to pop.

Kimberly Affleck
01-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Wow! Wonderful work everyone! I am scrambling for BBII as well. here are a few from yesterday. I put the pencil in for scale> Most of these are really skinny beads!

Kimberly Affleck
01-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Also just realized that I'm a total flake!!! It's TUESDAY, isn't it, and this was monday evening's S &T... oh boy... that's what I get for not reading too closely...
quill- I use enamel sometimes on these beads... when I had it, I also used powdered 204 white glass- created a bit of a different texture, but now I can't find it anywhere... the white enamel does just as nicely- but is a bit stronger. Otherwise, a light colored base is the trick for getting the aventurine to pop.

Well, Duh.........I just did it, too!

Moth
01-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Here's two recent "talisman" pieces... I'm having so much fun with this series... base is white enamel and crushed aventurine with lotsa stringer work... Have a great night, everyone! I'm headed back to the torch... prepping for BBSII here in Feb... the clock is ticking... I might be bald by Feb 2, but I'll have a lot of beads. :rolleyes:

Edited: Didn't realize these were so big! SorrY!

LOVE EM!!!

Also just wanted to mention that I was flipping through Step by Step beads and thought, 'Hey, I recognize that work!', looked at the byline and lo and behold it was YOU!
:D Awesome great terrific tutorial with clear directions and awesome pictures.

Immediately bought that issue I can tell you!

Thanks for helping us ALL!

~~Mary

margaretz
01-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Kim- Have you lost track of the days too?
And Mary- Thanks! happy you liked the article! It was really fun (but time consuming) to write... I'll be sure to tell Matt that you liked the pictures too; he'll be happy to hear it!

Kimberly Affleck
01-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Kim- Have you lost track of the days too?

Ha! Days???? I'm doing real good to remember the year!!!

Jennifree
01-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Sherry, I love that black and pink set. I can't stop looking at them.

And Kimberly! Wow! Your beads look like paintings.