PDA

View Full Version : Hey Janice, yr tinyhead lives in glass

Helen Simon
01-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Sorry, Janice...roses are the apple of my eye, and yours kept screaming at me to make it, so this auction is named janice's Rose. Likey? Love, Helen

llglassdesigns
01-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Likey?

No...LOVEY!!! :D Beautiful work, Helen.

Deb

JaniceM
01-10-2005, 03:35 PM
I am speechless! That is so beautiful! YOu have no idea how much this means to me. I have been growing antique roses for 18 years and that rose is in my front yard. THese roses are so tough that it was still blooming in November. This is truly one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. I have admired your work since I began my pitiful attempts at melting glass and I am so honored by this.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

take care,
Janice

You must have known I was feeling down, because this had made my day.
:wave: :wave:

Mary Jo Wolf
01-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Awesome :clap: :clap:

It deserves a dewdrop :wave:

Helen Simon
01-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Thanks, says the Bragger...Mary Jo, I have often thought of dew or raindrops, but always forgot...maybe your prompting will be just what I need. And, Janice, what Rose is it? I shall have to grow it...or get my green fingered best friend Liz to do so for me. If I can't find it, will you send me a cane or 2 wrapped in a wet paper towel & baggie? Liz can start anything, and it's not illegal since they aren't patented...sometimes old ways are better. :)Love, Helen, so missing the daily smell of homemade bread, an old way too fattening for us...

JaniceM
01-10-2005, 09:43 PM
Hi Helen,

I think that rose is Odee Pink. (it has lost its tag) It came from the Antique Rose Emporioum in Brenham, Texas , has wonderful fragrance and blooms constantly. This nursery is wonderful. If you ever get to this part of the state, you MUST make time to visit. It is really more like a botanical garden than a retail nursery. The roses grown there are from cuttings found on old homesteads and cemetaries. They came out west in the covered wagons with the strong women that helped settle the west. This particular rose is named for Mrs. Odee of Brenham, where the original plant was found.

I would be delighted to send you cuttings. I am a firm believer in “passalong plants”. Should I send them now or wait until later in the spring? PM me your address and I will get them to you.

take care,
Janice :wave:

Helen Simon
01-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Thanks, Janice, will do. I've been to that Rose Emporium, my little son still remembering an odd, huge, unidentified reptile. I used to grow roses to sell in dried wreaths, for over 10 years, and still have 30-40, which I grow to dry for packing peanuts. That's a lovely place, way high up, with other great, odd scented plants. Thanks and Love, Helen