PDA

View Full Version : Elf Astrologer - reworked.

MSAndie
01-09-2005, 06:41 PM
This was an older piece (my first serious cg airbursh attempt - see attachments).

There was a lot of it that i was not happy with (it was my first try). And recently i decided to go back and rework it.

So here is the result:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2005/2062-elf-astrologer.jpg

I'm attaching the original piece, just to show what i have done. I'll aslo attach the initial pencil sketch i did for it (i want a wacom for my birthday! ;) ) And the ref image i used...

I welcome to any tips, crits, or comments. Now that i have put more detail in the hair it seems the rest of it needs more detail. I want to make the eyes more realistic, but i am not sure how (like add light reflections on the whites and such, not sure how to do that yet)... I'll probably play with it some more. But any suggestions or tips would be appreciated! ;)

I'm gonna Xpost this in fantasy.

Edit:
Oh yeah i guess i should have said some more, like what progs i used... :o
I switch around between Photoshop Elements 2 and Photoshop 5.5 for different tools. And used my mouse (ouch). I didn't use any textures. Though i was thinking about tadding some texture to the hair. But i wasn't sure how... Anyway... Enough rambling. :)

nancy_ellen56
01-09-2005, 07:28 PM
I personally saw nothing wrong with the first one...It was very good...I liked the original hair and eye color...the second one is very nice also...looks like a different person with the green eyes and the changes in the hair...You might try changing the bright white of the eyes to a very pale pale pale blueish grey tint to give the effect of lumininsce however you spell that word..don't know if it will work or not but I was told to do the same on some eyes I painted in oils...worth a try...

peoplepainter
01-12-2005, 09:39 AM
In my opinion, you have improved on the first one. I like that you don't have the lines around the face in the new one and I think the background is awesome. I think in some ways the hair has a bit of a different look than the rest so maybe consider treating the hair in "sections" to give it the same soft feel like the face. In any case, it's really well done.

Lisa

MSAndie
01-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Thanks Lisa and Nancy_ellen.

Just a quick update. I did some more work, this time on the eyes, mouth and face... I'm happier with the eyes now.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2005/2062-elfastrologer-3.jpg

MSAndie
01-17-2005, 04:26 AM
I am finally getting a tablet!!!!! :D

Soon i will be able to do work on pieces like this much easier!

I mentioned to an online friend my desire for a tablet, and he said that he would give me his if i lived closer. So i offered to pay shipping and he agreed to sent it to me! He complained that it was too small, but it is just the size i wanted. I have limited desk space, and most my strokes are short, and when i took the "which tablet is right for you" test at wacom's site, it was the size they recommended!

So yay! I'm giddy! I'm finally going to have the tablet i have been longing for for so long!

Just wanted to share my joy!!!
:cat: