PDA

View Full Version : Key Word Selling at eBay?

cagathoc
01-09-2005, 12:47 PM
I noticed that in my auctions and some others too certain words like "oil painting" have a double lines under them and link to a non-eBay site that sells oil paintings or whatever key word is underlines.

I am way pissed off about this. Is ebay selling these key words with links or is there some kind of ad tracker involved?

Anyone else have this trouble or any info on this?

Thanks!

theIsland
01-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Interesting. I haven't seen this - could you post a link to an example? I looked through your auctions, and couldn't find a link.

Noma

sandge
01-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Cindy, I haven't seen anything like this so I'm not sure what you mean.

Do you mean actually in your auctions? Can you show what you mean?

cheers
s

Oriane
01-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Coming out of lurk mode to say that it sounds as if your computer is infected with spyware. Someone on the Ebay art forum mentioned this identical situation happening to him about a month ago and he also thought it was Ebay selling keywords. However, it was not--the computer gurus in the forum helped him figure out that it was a spyware program he had somehow picked up within his computer changing the auctions and "redirecting" him to other sites. I am very sorry that I don't recall how/where he was infected with the spyware or what steps he had to take to get it off his computer---they recommended that he download a patch, I think---perhaps if you search the Ebay art forum on Ebay.com you could find the thread I'm referring to....

LuckyInk
01-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Coming out of lurk mode to say that it sounds as if your computer is infected with spyware.
Ditto...
I suggest you download Spybot Search & Destroy (free download from download.com) and use that app to get rid of the offensive application.
C