01-08-2005, 10:33 PM
Hi! What do you think about my workspace? :clap:

Shauna

encantado
01-08-2005, 10:47 PM
That is cool! Is it easy to work in?

grandbeads
01-08-2005, 10:50 PM
Youv'e certainly made effecient use of a small area!I use a larger version of your design made of wood with a metal desk top.I also cut a quarter round shape to left of torch to pull stringer.Roger.

chroma
01-08-2005, 11:08 PM
. . . well it's sure clean! Get in there and mess it up!
bj

Mr.Smiley
01-08-2005, 11:23 PM
It's awesome. Install a red light up top so you can know how chicken feels at KFC while it's waiting to go into the bucket. :D

I agree with the mess it up post. How can you work in such a neat environment. Chaos reigns in my work space- LOL

I hope it serves you well. :clap: :clap: :clap:

tinycrewoftwo
01-08-2005, 11:52 PM
It's lovely!

You have created an excellent solution to working in a small-ish space.

The bright side is that you are indoors and have heat!, have ventilation, have made a funky PVC? storage system for your rods, and have one of those great dydimium screens on the free arm. I love that set up.

(Plus the aqua colour on your trim is one of my favourites.)

Congrats on such a great, portable, organised and very useable space.

I do have the urge to go out to the studio and sweep off my bench...mason jar lids filled with dichro snips...bits of tape on the end of Lauscha clear to avoid scum...yes, utter chaos...a whack of undipped mandrells even though I need to torch in the early morning...

I would love to know what you used for your rods to sit in. Are they PVC or could they be paper towel toot-dee-doos?

...I am using an industrial shelf and storing them lying down in the plastic sleeves I get them in...it can be hairy cutting the end off a sleeve and frantically trying to extract a rod if I suddenly run out. Tried a bunch of vintage Mason Jars I already had, but the rods are too tippy, even cut into thirds...They are so old and damaged by UV light, that they do not bounce on the old carpet like the new ones do...sitll picking up shards...

Anyway, thank you for showing your set up - it really is excellent. You have done a great job.

Best regards,
Carol Anne

richsantaclaus
01-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Seeing the Quiet head and the MAPP gas brings back fond memories I must say. Wait for the "MORE HEAT BUG" to bite you! lol

wildwire
01-09-2005, 03:01 AM
My Dad built the frame to hold the hood fan (he's a handy guy)- it has dual fans and can go up to 540 cfm...My work space isn't that tidy all the time...I took the picture when we set up the ventilation...I use PVC pipe for the glass rods...My Dad thinks we overdid the fan cfm's but I figure that I can always grow into it....I only use one fan so far but I haven't tried silver foil or enamels yet....

Actually the hotter bug did bite me! I am waiting for the gas fitter to set up my minor torch to the natural gas line....the space may be small but it does the job....I can stand even with the bottom of the frame....

Just thought I would show everyone what I ended up doing....

Thanks for the feedback...
Shauna

Jacqui L.
01-09-2005, 09:36 AM
Hi! What do you think about my workspace? :clap:

Shauna
Great ventilation.