PDA

View Full Version : Have I shown you this already?

Lenda
01-06-2005, 12:55 PM
This is one of my favorite beads and I don't remember if I posted it yet or not. When Kimberly was here, I thought she was going to figuire out how to get it from around my neck. I wasn't the gracious hostess and give it to her, it's my FAVORITE!:D ;) I took a pic on a white background and a black, which do you like best?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jan-2005/10665-flowerblackbackground.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jan-2005/10665-flowerwhitebackground.jpg

CharleneN
01-06-2005, 12:58 PM
I can't decide. The bead is so beautiful I didn't even notice the background until I made it a point to! I can see why it's your favorite!

llglassdesigns
01-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Lenda,

I can see why it is your favorite. I wouldn't give it up either. It is lovely!

Deb

boheme'
01-06-2005, 01:04 PM
Lenda,

I love it - great flowers! I like the black background the best - the bead sparkles better and you can see the depth.

Deb Cline

cghipp
01-06-2005, 01:07 PM
Lenda -

It's gorgeous. Definitely the dark background. I like the transition between light and dark.

Courtney

dymond_mom
01-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Hi Lenda -

What a gorgeous, wonderful bead! I can certainly see why you would want to keep that one. I wouldn't want to part with it either. :)

I love how the white flowers stand out against the blue center.

I would go with the black background, personally. It gives the bead so much more definition, IMO. It looks great on the lighter background too, but I like the darker background myself.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Ellen Altamore
01-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Nice bead, chica, definitely the black background.

AVCKimberly
01-06-2005, 01:42 PM
YES, I want that bead!!!!! You guys, the pictures are beautiful, but the real thing was absolutely breath taking!!! I LOVE white flowers. I have tried to make a similar bead with not so great results.

One of these days I am going to go to the mail box and find a box from Johnson City, TN and a bead just like that one. :wink2:

Lapislazuli
01-06-2005, 02:41 PM
:D

Hi Lenda, wonderful focal, I love the flowers, and those are magnificent. I like the blue center. It seems very great.
Ana Marķa :cat:

This is one of my favorite beads and I don't remember if I posted it yet or not. When Kimberly was here, I thought she was going to figuire out how to get it from around my neck. I wasn't the gracious hostess and give it to her, it's my FAVORITE!:D ;) I took a pic on a white background and a black, which do you like best?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jan-2005/10665-flowerblackbackground.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jan-2005/10665-flowerwhitebackground.jpg

msritaa
01-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Lenda: what a beautiful bead!
You are my encased floral role model.

dread
01-06-2005, 02:57 PM
A really beautiful bead Lenda - There are beads I wish I had kept too... good choice not to let it go - really an inspirational bead !!!!
I like the dark background - it really makes the white pop !

DebbieSue
01-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Gorgeous bead! I like the darker background with it too! :clap:

Debbie

blyneth
01-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Okay Lenda, you can keep it -- but you really *should* make some to share! How can you live with yourself?

(I have an orange flower bead that you made -- you make good flowers girl!)

Betsey

Oh yeah -- the black background and the white background each have their advantages. You must always show both. :)

wiccakid
01-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Ooohhhhhhh, I heart that bead!

MistyCherie
01-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Wow Lenda! What a gorgeous bead! *droooool*

I like the dark background the best. It makes the bead *pop* more. (As if it needed ANY [email protected]!!!)

*squish*

-M

KetchikanSculptor
01-06-2005, 04:16 PM
Oh My!!! I love that encased bead! I hope I can get that good at encasing!!

Lenda
01-06-2005, 04:24 PM
OOoh Thanks you guys! I haven't been doing many florals and I look at this bead and ask myself why! They are what drew me to beadmaking in the first place. Heidi Broderson was my favorite floral maker, then she quit. SO I diligently tried to make a good floral and after 2 1/2 years, they're still my favorite bead.:D

Crazy Woman
01-06-2005, 04:31 PM
Breath taking! :clap: :clap: When I grow up, I wanna make floral beads like Lenda! (My quota always seems to get at least one flower wonky per bead :crying: )

BabsW
01-06-2005, 04:50 PM
BLACK has my vote!

I have serious vein envy. That bead is wonderful Lenda, and no loose bubbles. WOW

Thanks for kick starting the encased floral S & T. I hope more will follow.

Barbara

Glitzy Glass
01-06-2005, 06:33 PM
I vote the black background - really makes the flowers pop out at you - that bead is the prettiest floral focal I have ever seen! I kept going back to the pic just to admire it!

KetchikanSculptor
01-06-2005, 06:49 PM
Oh, I forgot to vote... he he he :p

I say I love both backgrounds but lean more heavily toward the white... really makes me notice the flowers more!

Lenda
01-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Thanks again.:D And yes I agree, if anyone wants to post, PLEASE DO! I'd love to see your florals!

The backgrounds both tend to look ok with it, but I think I'm leaning towards the darker because it lets you see the depth through the clear just a little better, at least I think so. It looks good on the white too, but trying to get the depth THROUGH the bead when heavily encased is tricky and the dark background I think does just that.:D

And Leslie, don't think you're the only one with beads with 1 messed up flower in them! Never fails to be the last swipe of clear to mess a good thing!;) :D

jessicah
01-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Beautiful floral, Lenda. Even if you have shown it before, I could still look at it a thousand times more.
p.s. I like the black background.

CindyLouhoo
01-06-2005, 11:48 PM
Hi Lenda,
I've been playing around with variations on my slender beads and pendant shapes... Still don't encase the flowers though, just some of the background stuff. Sorry if the pics aren't too good; I have a terrible time with pics.
Cindy
P.S. Wish you could have made it to Ashville last October.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jan-2005/10466-swirls1.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jan-2005/10466-greenivorypendant1.jpg

Booger
01-07-2005, 01:44 AM
Just like tonight's dinner?
I VOTE FOR BLACK.

It shows off the beautiful whites with the greatest contrast and one little question.... Can you roll a solid sheet of black from the bottom onto the backing? It would wipe out the horizon line completely and I am betting the bead jumps, the flowers jump and anyone who see's it will jump too.

(Maybe at your neck if it's still on?)
BEAUTIOUS BEAD, MS. LENDA

Sheryll

Lenda
01-07-2005, 08:07 AM
Hi Jessicah! Just print it out and hang it up!:D LOL! And thanks.

Cindy! MY favorite floral beadmaker! Those are wonderful, I love the running stripes in the background. Nice to work on a different style, very nice! And yes, missing Asheville was a very large bummer for me! I wanted to meet you especially!:D Thanks for posting your pics.

Thanks Sheryll. I agree, a total black background instead of the split. I was just playing with it. :D