PDA

View Full Version : Showing and telling on Thursday

kybeadmaker
01-06-2005, 02:48 AM
I just love the new lavender opaque by Moretti, I know, really Effetre. Moretti just sounds more like a glass name. Anyhoo...I came up with this combo, which is also light ivory, turquoise, pink, and a tad of opal yellow. Then I etched them, cause I just love the way etched beads look and feel.

Sassyglassgal
01-06-2005, 02:51 AM
Well I didnt see a thurs start thread and I can't sleep, so I thought I would start us out and be brave. I've been sick alot in the last 2 months and I feel like I'm coming out of a tunnel, I have been lurking and seeing all the delicious beads everyone is putting out and I must say I'm stunned and everyone seems to be growing in style and talent every time I look at a new thread....keep up the good work. Here is a couple of things from me. A boro flower-hand pulled, they're fun to make and 3 dimentional also.....

dymond_mom
01-06-2005, 02:51 AM
Oh..... I love the colors in those beads!

Very yummy! :clap:

Briatha
01-06-2005, 02:54 AM
Harriet I have you bookmarked and when I saw that set I drooled...they are mouthwatering colors and shapes!

I only did 2 sets this week. Everything else hit the water or the wonky jar!
Wild Thing which is a Raspberry and Blue Corina Squeezed Bead and Zoozii Square Tile set and a set of Purple Elf Rock Tiles.

rmg
01-06-2005, 03:15 AM
Debbi! that boro flower is really beautiful! :clap: would you mind sharing the colours you used? I've been trying to work with coloured boro, and keep getting mud! Rachelle.

jeffwelsh23462
01-06-2005, 08:41 AM
WOW.. Where are you guys??? Sleepin' in this good thursday am. It's a great day here in VA BEACH.. It's gonna be 74 WONDERFUL degrees today.. YEAH!! :clap: :clap:
Anyways, here are a few boro things Jeff made last night. First 2 pictures are of the same pendant, a dragon head one view from frontal hangin view the next is from side view, the next photo is a tribal celtic knot pendant, the next photo is a dichroic freeform twist pendant and then the last 1 is boro cuff bracelet. Hope you have a great thursday! sandra

Mr.Smiley
01-06-2005, 08:51 AM
Good morning fellow glass workers!

I've got a few more boro hearts to show! I'm really liking my new studio set up. I made some yesterday that I really like. These are great too! Have a wonderful day! :D

J Harris
01-06-2005, 09:15 AM
I'm finally getting back to the torch now that the holidays are over and the boys are back in school...it feels goooooood!!! Lovin' looking at all these gorgeous beadies this a.m.!

Harriet - such fun bright babies!
Sandra - my son would loooove that dragon head, it's awesome!
Debbi - incredible boro flower, great sculpting work!
Briatha - love them both, especially the elf rock tiles, coooool!
Mr. Smiley - your hearts put a smile on my face, they're so beautiful!

Here's a few sets that I finally finished, a millefiore set with a lampworked face bead and a pink/white/gold/clear set, swirled and shaped called "Nautilus".

Thanks for showin' n tellin' everyone! Love starting the day looking at your work!

Jan

CalmWaterStudio
01-06-2005, 09:34 AM
Looks like another great day.. you guys are awesome!

Harriet.. I love that set!!!!!! And, yeah, I think Moretti sounds more 'glassy' too!

Here are a couple from me... have a fantastic day everyone!

lepoppet
01-06-2005, 10:29 AM
Happy Thursday Everyone!

Maria

lsking
01-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Wow everyone!

Harriet ~ your beads are always soooo happy!!!
Debbie~ Love the flower!!! Very cool!
Briatha ~ Neat tiles...great name!
Great stuff from Jeff!!! Cool bracelet!!!
Smiley~I love those hearts...awesome shapes and colors...yum!
Jan ~ I always love your work! Great use of millies!!!
Gigi~ I really like that middle heart! Very unusual!
Maria ~ Lovely colors!!!! What is that green base???

Here are mine! They were a custom order for a friend who is making her mom a necklace! They are ivory, intense black, and rootbeer trans pillows and rootbeer spacers with gold foil speckles.

satnin
01-06-2005, 12:16 PM
I just love what everyone is doing with the new bead presses.. The posibilities are endless.. All the colors today are so different and pretty..
I haven't posted in the S&T for sometime but have been watching.. Not a lot special but I have been doing some things differently to keep the juices flowing..
Hope I'm not hoggin! ( But I'm pretty sure I am)
#1 squeezed made with 6 color twistie.. Lots of aqua's and blue's.. Fun set..
#2 pinks in opalescents and alabasters..
#3 pearl gray and raku frit
#4 Not a good picture :cat: I was just playing with this one as none of the darn pics turned out.. Anyways "Guilt free Chocolates"
And finally the last is test beads for some new Lauscha colors I purchased.. The "Iceberg" is goint to be interesting...
I'll shut up for now.. Aren't you glad I don't post everyday..... Billie

Amozoo
01-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Oh goodness, I need a rose making tutoral!

SonyaHusko
01-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Beautiful as always, Harriet! I love etched beads :D

Here's a pendant I made recently. The beads have a copper green base with "raku" dots and lines.

Zooziis
01-06-2005, 12:36 PM
I finally have something to show....

llglassdesigns
01-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Great work everyone! :clap: Amy, how in the world did you ever makes such tinie tiny lines on those beads. They are lovely.

Deb

CharleneN
01-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Here are some EDP and Copper Green beads I recently completed. I love these colors.

Zooziis
01-06-2005, 01:09 PM
I painted them on with Paladium from Thompson enamel, then I fired them in the kiln to make the Paladium fuse to the bead. It's a very fun process. Especially fun when it's too cold to go out in your studio :)

lsking
01-06-2005, 01:16 PM
I painted them on with Paladium from Thompson enamel, then I fired them in the kiln to make the Paladium fuse to the bead. It's a very fun process. Especially fun when it's too cold to go out in your studio :)

Very cool Amy! Glad you painted them on as I was super duper jealous of your stringer control when I first saw them!!! :evil:

SPIglass
01-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Harriet--Yummy color combo and the etched look compliments them perfectly!
Debbie--The boro flower is gorgeous! Do you have a closeup?
Faith--Love the Purple Elf Rock tiles! YUM!!
Sandra--Jeff's dragon head pendant is way cool!
Mr. Smiley--I am soooooooooooo in love with your hearts! What eye-popping colors you get from boro! WOW!
Jan--Lovin' the Nautilus Shell set! So soft and dreamy!
Gigi--I love the twisty bead hearts! The stringer decoration you do on them is the perfect finishing touch!
Maria--Love that first set! I have weakness for olive...another fall color I can't wear ;)
Sue--Your friend's mom is going to be so tickled with her necklace.
satnin-That twistie set is beautiful...my fave of the four sets.
Amoret--Girl, you don't need a rose tutorial! Those are gorgeous!

Wish I could comment on all the beauties, but my toddler is now climing on me and it's getting hard to type. So, here's a new one from me.

--Paulette

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jan-2005/10616-southpacific1.jpg

amayita
01-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Great work everyone!!!
Here is my recent stuff

KrisMcAllister
01-06-2005, 02:36 PM
Great work everyone!!!
Here is my recent stuff
wow...wow...wow ...WOW.......WOW!!!!!
That first beads a beauty!!!!!!!!!

aimee
01-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Harriet - love the etched look too
Debbie - cool boro flower
Briatha - Neet purple elf rocks - like the name too
Jeff - like the cuff - the brown & blue look great together
Mr.Smiley - love those hearts!
Jan - That face is too funny!
Gigi - I really like that first heart
Maria - like the color combo in the green set
Sue - Wow - I can never get that many made for a set - my mind starts to wonder
Billie - love that sugarshack - great pinks
Amoret - nothin' wrong with your roses at all
Sonya - I thought that pendant was boro - great colors
Amy - too cool
Charlene - love that edp & copper green too - hate working with the edp though
Paulette - very neet pattern, looks like something but I can't think of what
Amaya - WOW - both are great - love the layers on the floral

Here's my first attempt at a ladybug. The red I used turned a little dark but I still kind of like her. Both sides are the same, so if it's hanging from a cord, it'll look right if it turns over. The base bead is periwinkle pressed with the largest zoozii pill. She'll be up on the bay in a little bit.

bolimasa
01-06-2005, 04:26 PM
wow...wow...wow ...WOW.......WOW!!!!!
That first beads a beauty!!!!!!!!!

Kris,
Haven't seen you in awhile. How's the coffee shop/ studio coming?

AlaskaBarb
01-07-2005, 12:32 AM
Everybody's stuff is really beautiful! Great work.

B

KrisMcAllister
01-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Kris,
Haven't seen you in awhile. How's the coffee shop/ studio coming?
Opening on the 15th. I have been pretty sick lately so between that and getting the shop open i haven't had time to stop by. I opted for a smaller space than i originally was going for. I put great thought into it and decided that I didn't want to be tied to such a big expence. I have a home in Maine and like to take off when ever i feel and renting that large space would have prevented me from doing so. So I went with 1000 sq ft instead. Still the same but a little smaller. I am still planning to get Rita and Jen but its going to be pushed up a bit...Maybe April??? I'll have to check with them. So anyway I hope everyone is well!! I'll be around soon and hopefully do some posting!
Kris
PS I decided to dump the Jaboka name and keep Flame Reaction for the studio and name my bead line Bel Fiore which means beautiful flower in Italian. I have really gotten into florals lately...it seems to be my thing! I'll try to get some posted in S&T