PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth

Baby Blue Whale
11-24-2001, 12:32 AM
Okee dokee . . . here 'goes. Whaddya all think? Comments/suggestions/whups upside the head are all welcome. Please bear in mind that the image is darker than the original.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Nov-2001/elizabeth.jpg

This is my puppy who passed away this past January. I'm going to give this to my parents for Christmas--they loved her so much. :)

Thanks to all with warmest regards,
Laura

billyjo30
11-24-2001, 11:01 PM
Nice job. I think that you will make your parents very happy.

nightblooming
12-02-2001, 12:45 AM
Babyblue,

I love it! You have caught that terrier intensity...they just kind of crackle when you look at them, don't they? I used to have a wheaten Cairn--he was something. I love terriers in general...whoops! this isn't the dog discussion forum, is it? :)

What is the feathery blue-white stuff in the front? I find it just a tad distracting....and I don't want to be distracted from that face! Your parents are going to love this. Hmmmm...my parents just lost their old dog...maybe I have a decent picture....

Warmly,
nightblooming

Baby Blue Whale
12-02-2001, 01:43 AM
Billyjo: I'm so glad you like it. My childhood dog was a Wheaten Cairn Terrier too and my parents hired a local oil artist to do one of Peppie. I thought it only appropriate that they have one of Elizabeth too.

Night: I'm glad you like it too. I also posted this work in the Critique forum as well and I received some suggestions. Her eyes don't quite have enough life/"pop". So as soon as my head loses about 5 pounds (I have a ROTTEN cold), I'm going to do a little work on the eyes. The blue/white feathery stuff in the front is actually a white feather boa. She LOVED playing with it. So one day while we were playing, she got all wrapped up in it and I got this shot. LOL!! That was when digital cameras weren't even thought of. Got REALLY lucky with this picture. Aren't terriers the greatest!!!?

Warmest,
Laura

joemajury
12-03-2001, 06:16 PM
I really like this pic as well, and I think your parents are going to be delighted - but ( theres always a but )
I think you either have to make the Boa stand out more so that people can realise its not part of the dog, I thought it was at first until I realized it was blue, and it DOES detract from the lovely face.
So in my ( humble) opinion, make the boa stronger, or, get rid of it

Joe
;) ;)

Baby Blue Whale
12-03-2001, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the insight, Joe! I'll keep that in mind. My "hope" is that if the eyes have a bit more life, maybe they'll detract from the boa? Since you and Nightblooming see so much blue in the boa, I'll definitely add some more shading/highlights. BTW, my head lost a pound hehehehe! Thanks so much for your time and comments, Joe,

Warmest,
Laura