PDA

View Full Version : 1st Tuesday Show and Peek

Booger
01-04-2005, 07:42 AM
Huh???
I can't believe that here on my very first day of class, that no one has started the Show and Tell! Here I go......starting something again.
It's a Val N. Crime lady! Don't think I need to worry about her stealing anyone's heart.......Maybe EATING it, though!

Pencil Packing Ms. Booger

Tomsanctuary426
01-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Well, Good morning all.....where is everybody this morning? Here are a few diddies from Tom this morning. Have a great day sleepy heads!!!!
:) Tom and Karen :)

NYCindy
01-04-2005, 07:57 AM
Good morning!

Ms Booger - your bead gives new meaning to EDP! LOL! (Looks like you used EDP to make her, right!?)

Tom - I love the milky white heart - lovely translucence and just the right amount of red with the dots!

Here's my contribution today - my heart in my hand for Valentine's Day! Made of Effetre/Moretti and is about 1 inch high - it's small! :-)

Have a great day, All!
Cindy

jeffwelsh23462
01-04-2005, 08:28 AM
mornin' everyone here are a few pieces jeff made on sunday. he's been makin' stuff left and right and i need to get caught up on the pictures today. I think it's the new year and i already need a vacation! have a great day everyone. sandra

Foofaraw
01-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Ms. Booger ~ holy scary looking! Great job!
Tom ~ love the dolphin!
Cindy ~ that hand is so cool!
Jeff ~ love the hearts!

Here is yet another set of tiles from me, lol! I wanted a very casual blue, so I layered transparent gray over periwinkle, added some khaki accents and here you have it!

craftylady
01-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Guys your pictures and beads look great this morning.
Mrs. Booger that bead is wicked. I love it.

Tom I like the dolphins. The color is so eye catching. I also liek the heart. I cant make them to save my life.

Cindy nice hand. Did you use a mandrel? I tried the hand bead wow that is hard.

Jeff and sandra nice beads. The pictures really show off the great quality of beads. I love the heart and the sea dragon.

Jenn Nice tiles. I like the color.

Have a great day,
Laurie

NYCindy
01-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Cindy nice hand. Did you use a mandrel? I tried the hand bead wow that is hard.
Laurie

Thanks, Laurie! :-) Yes, I used a mandrel with this one - I make them either way, on mandrel or off. The hole runs through the top of the palm - at the base of the fingers. The hand is designed to hang just the way you see it on your screen.

Black River Beads
01-04-2005, 09:45 AM
Great beads. That boro is wonderful. Can't wait til I get some of it.
Here are a couple from me. Silver ivory, aventurine, and topaz, and a cobalt set
James

Teri.p
01-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Sheryll, Sheryll, Sheryll...... Val n Crime is one hot mama!!

Tom - I sure like your bracelets; the green is especially pretty.

Cool hand, Cindy! I was checkin' out your website the other day - love the Chakra hand!!

Hey Jeff - that green wormy pendant is pretty neat...

Jenn - you already know what I think of those beads!!

James - nice lentils!

I haven't decided yet whether or not I like these beads. It's the ZooziiCube Crystal shape, black base with different twisties and dots and such. Maybe if I etch them........

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jan-2005/23019-Dscn000557.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jan-2005/23019-DSCN000651x.jpg

Teri

CorvetteJuliet
01-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Lovely Beads! Here's a Teal Blossoms set, in the same series as my Cranberry Blossoms set I posted yesterday. I'm quite undecided whether I should etch the Tile Extravaganza set or leave them shiney. Any input? Thanks! ~Juliet

SuzyQ
01-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Jen and Julie you are both doing such great things with the tile press! I can't seem to get over my obsession with the tabs yet. I know, I know, it is only a inch or two away.... Here is my latest with yummy czech glass olive, smokey topaz and that effetre pink that looks peach when fired:

Josie
01-04-2005, 10:35 AM
Beautiful work you all. What a wonderful way to start the day!
Here's a few sets I'm going to be posting in the store later tonight. Time to restock for the warmer seasons!
"Zinfandel"
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jan-2005/13004-MVC-007F.JPG
"Spring Posies"
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jan-2005/13004-MVC-009F.JPG
Have a happy day everyone!
Tracey

Linnea
01-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Oh lovely everyone,, I need to get another press. If you could get only one which one would you buy the tab, pillow or tile?
Here are mine

StefaniBeads
01-04-2005, 11:49 AM
I'm having so much trouble getting the pictures to show on here for me, slow dial-up I know....but I just had this computer upgraded and it was working great for the S&T until last night! I ran Ad-Aware, and found a lot of garbage, and I'm now running the virus scan. I really hate this "computer illiteracy" of mine, so I'm buying some books and going back to school to learn something. I mean, I've had it.....

Anyway, here's mine (if this is even going to work) and I'm sad today that I don't get to see yours. :(

JCA
01-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Beadiful work here today!
I have been doing some off mandral stuff. Here's a heart I started with silver dicro encased in transparent red. Pulled it with a teist then encased in clear shaped into a heart!
Have A GREAT DAY ALL!!

JCA
01-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Beadiful work here today!
I have been doing some off mandral stuff. Here's a heart I started with silver dicro encased in transparent red. Pulled it with a twist then encased in clear shaped into a heart!
Have A GREAT DAY ALL!!

Onalee
01-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Lisa, I love that green bead with the blue streaks. Would you be willing to tell us how you did it? Onalee

StefaniBeads
01-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Lisa, I love that green bead with the blue streaks. Would you be willing to tell us how you did it? Onalee

Hmmm...I made that one a loooong time ago, but fortunately, I have a memory like an elephant, (I've been told many times ;) ) so......

The base is pea green, with random dark turquoise stringer over that, then the streaks are a turquoise twistie with small amounts of mosaic green in it. Mosaic green is said to be a problematic color, mainly with large amounts or encasing, so I use it sparingly and only on the surface. I LOVE the color!

So, when you apply the twistie to the surface, just do it in any random fashion, like I do - back and forth from hole to hole (not all the way though, you want the base color to show too). Melt that in and the dark blue streaks (the dk turquoise) will peek out between the melted twistie. That should do it. ;) :)

Tip on applying the twistie - don't place it gently on the bead like you would do scrolls or other stringer decoration, you have to "stretch" the molten tip of your twistie over the bead, or more like, you must "paint" it on. That's how I get the fine lines and streaks rather than the "melted in candy cane" look.

Clear as mud??

Lara
01-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Jenn - I love your color combination, I would have never thought of the grey over the periwinkle, but it makes a perfect blue jean color. Very cool.

Today I have another pink set. This set has 2 beads with silver pink and 3 beads of streaky pink with swirls of rubino oro and etched.

Lara

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jan-2005/10029-pink_on_pink_1.jpg

dawnann
01-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Hi, It sure feels good to be back at the torch. I sure do love everyones beads! Here is mine.... Vals frit over black.

gapeach31781
01-05-2005, 01:03 AM
Beauitiful beads everyone. Ms Booger, your talent is amazing. I have to ask, what do you do with a bead like that? Do you wear it? Just curious!!! Well, off to bed. :wave: Joan