PDA

View Full Version : axe warrior

mydrawingtablet
01-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Done in ps elements from scratch. for a larger or full res image , go to
www.mydrawingtablet.com

Cronious
01-03-2005, 09:35 AM
I love the metal effect in your painting, some great work on your site also :clap:

KaBoom!
01-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Dan!!!!
I went to your site, and I can't believe it!
Okay, so the warrior is cool, and also the other stuff too, but jeez, the "Photo-Realistic" collection!!!!! Amazing! I particularly like the Bulova watch...
It's even more amazing when one takes into consideration the program you use to do this...Photoshop Elements?!!!!! And that's it?!!!!!
I've been learning Illustrator (so I can get a job!) and I have PS Elements on my computer too, but never took it seriously...I was just going to wait until I could get the full version to do anything seriously, but now....I'm blown away...you've changed my mind completely about PSE!!!

About that book cover...I assuming that you are serious about publishing a book? DO IT! My gawd! I'd buy it in a heartbeat!!!

Just goes to show ya folks...it's not so much the tools, as it is the artist using them...

Well done, my friend, well done indeed!
Larry

justjean
01-03-2005, 04:55 PM
WOW definatley the artist not the program,amazing work :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

captan
01-04-2005, 01:49 PM
I've been saying it for a long time: PSE is as good as it's more expensive cousin. If you know what scripting is and know how to use it and have a use for it, that's the reason you should get the original Photoshop, in almost every other aspect PSE is just as good. It's not a "lite" version of Photoshop anymore it's Photoshop minus scripting (that's the big one) and some fluff which you don't need anyway.

mydrawingtablet
01-05-2005, 07:54 AM
thanks Kaboom, Justjean, and Cronius.
I was this close to spend 500$ on a fancy illustration program thinking that
without it you couldn't create good art. I'm glad I didn't buy it. The PSE I use came with the scanner I bought, in other words, free.
Thanks for your kind words again. I appreciate it.

Woof-a-Doof
01-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Very Cool....reminds me a lil of Frank Franzetta (sp?) Ya never had to guess which characters were men and which were women. ANd I like the heavy gothic feel to it....a warrior facing impending doom....but will ultimately be victorious :clap: