PDA

View Full Version : First Monday of 2005 show time

Amozoo
01-03-2005, 02:53 AM
Good morning all. I've got a little sweet set of black and whites, hope you all are ready to rock and roll back into the new year.
I think my beads are starting to look more and more like my beads, don't you think?

Emily NZ
01-03-2005, 02:58 AM
Oooooooooh I really like those!
Here are some boro treescapes from me. both approx.40mmx 32mm.
Emily

kybeadmaker
01-03-2005, 02:59 AM
Yes Amoret, your beads are definately looking more and more like your beads :) Good job ! I think I'm in trouble...I got my bead squeeze out last night..and once I do that, I can't put it down for while ! I made these with an opaque lavender base, then foil and frits.
Harriet--who is enjoying the peace and quiet of her house.

Fyrsmith
01-03-2005, 03:57 AM
Hi everyone,

I guess it is Monday somewhere. (New Zealand? way east of me?)

Amoret, those are fabulous! My daughter who loves zebras likes them too.

Emily, I have always liked your treescapes, maybe someone will buy me one for an upcoming celebration. (hint to DW) The way the lines in the glass make a path in the one on the right is wonderful!

Harriet, very nice color combination. I am anxiously awaiting some presses I bought myself for Christmas.

Anyway, here is the "Spearpoint" necklace I made for my DW for Christmas. The stone beads are sodalite and the spearpoints are clear and Momka's boro. I have to admit that they were inspired by a piece I received from Emily in one of the boro exchanges. :D :D
If I can get the Ebay thing together, I will be listing some of these spearpoints. Can anyone suggest a better name? They are definitely not leaves.

-Don-

Emily NZ
01-03-2005, 04:30 AM
Don those are very pretty - I love the blue colour! Neato necklace too!
Glad I inspired you! :wave:
Harriet they are lovely - isn't it nice to have the house to yourselves. We get the next influx of visitors in a day or so. It will be lovely to see the stepgrandkids and their mum - but I love a quiet house, things are where you left them- no loud music etc.
Yikes it sounds like I am nearly 70 not 46! :D
Emily

Tomsanctuary426
01-03-2005, 07:22 AM
Good morning~
I have an early start today to show Tom's *stuff*. Here are a few different items.
:) Tom and Karen :)

JCA
01-03-2005, 07:27 AM
Amoret- Yep looks like your beads
Emily- Love the tree scapes!
Harriet-Like the colors.
Don- I like the spear points
Captured flames in a clear drop.

Ellen Altamore
01-03-2005, 08:13 AM
Great show so far today, people. :clap:
Amoret, I've been recognizing (and loving) your beads for a while now. You've definitely developed a style and it's a nice one!

Booger
01-03-2005, 08:25 AM
Tom-Love the dragon, serpent. Would make an incredible necklace!
Emily-the trees!!!!!!!!!! Oooo, the second!!!!!!!!OOOOOOO YEAH! Painterly Artistic skills in glass are admired and valued highly by me. Want to fly over and do a demo for us in Kent this month?
Don - How about tribal (hot title) drops or arrowheads? They are causing profound bead lust in Ohio AS WE TYPE.
Harriet-I would love to, love to try my hand with a set of your beads and whip up a watchband. I figure, even if I did an awful job? It would still be incredible - because of your beads.
Mr. Booger - That is a very cool bead! WHERE DID IT GO? It's funny how sometimes his beads just seem to evaporate into thin air......or pockets.....or drawers......
And Amazoo? I too am overly fond off zebras and am drawn to the black and white swirlies. Very beautiful and elegant set of beads!!!

My ingredient into today's "visual pot of soup" is making me most happy. I hope it means this awful slump is finally letting go. A Basket and a Turk. The how-to?
DOTS. Many many many many many dots. The basket has over 250 individual dots - all set and raked in a pattern and the Turkish Medalion was patterned after one of those artist's reference books. GEEZ, THESE ARE FUN!

Have A Day of Molten Cheer!
Ms. Booger

jeffwelsh23462
01-03-2005, 08:49 AM
good monday everyone! well here are a few things Jeff made over the weekend! everyone's glass looks awesome!

CorvetteJuliet
01-03-2005, 09:39 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Amoret- Wonderful beadset! I like how you tied in the natural tones with the B&W.
Emily - Beautiful pendants!
Harriet - Beautiful! Mind telling this frit junkie which frit you used? ;)
Don -Those are really intriguing! I think the spearpoint name is right on target!
Tom - Lovely work as always!
Jim - Wow 3D Flames! Very cool.
Ms.Booger - AWESOME! I need to do the touchey feeley thing with those! :wink2:
Jeff- Wow, that open heart is great!

Here are a few new items from me. Berry Explosion - Frits (Val's Hyacinth and Fuchsia) and Zoozi's TileTabDuo press. Coral Capers - Coral with lavendar Frits (Val's) and Cranberry Blossoms - Lauscha red with Morretti ivory and sage (forget if I used Vetrofond or Morretti). ~Juliet

gayle Janczarek
01-03-2005, 09:42 AM
Don, they remind me of encased feathers. Something we cherish and want to protect so we encase it in glass. Just my first opinion and I really like the look. gayle

Lapislazuli
01-03-2005, 09:51 AM
:D

Hi, a greeting of New Year for all. A great jobs today. We began the year with beautiful jobs, that is an excellent index. The 2005 will be good for all. My crystal ball says it.
Kisses,
Lapislazuli :wave: :wave:

Lapislazuli
01-03-2005, 09:58 AM
:confused:

Uppss! my crystal ball sabotaged the photos to me.
Juliet that pretty his beads with flowers.
Lapislazuli

CalmWaterStudio
01-03-2005, 10:05 AM
What a beautiful Monday show and tell!! Nice work everyone!!!

Juliet, your red set really is just lovely!

I'm moving my glass and torch out of my studio right now and into my home for the rest of the winter. I haven't been on my torch in several days now... and it's driving me crazy! I hope to have a few things to post soon... direct from my 'clean' work area. (I don't know if I can even make beads in a clean work area!)

littlecrow1
01-03-2005, 10:11 AM
OMGoodness! This years beads are better and better! I love the shapes, designs and colors!

This is one of my favorite new beads...People always ask me why I dont wear more of my beads...well, while I LOVE to make blooms they are really not my style of jewelry to wear. THIS IS DEFINATELY ME! I used Ivory, loads of silver leaf, raku frit, ocelot spots, clear , trans amber, and silvered ivory. Its 2 3/4" long...big acomplishment for me and my HH :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=204423&stc=1

Lapislazuli
01-03-2005, 10:41 AM
:clap:

ˇBEAUTIFUL PENDANT!

Lapislazuli

OMGoodness! This years beads are better and better! I love the shapes, designs and colors!

This is one of my favorite new beads...People always ask me why I dont wear more of my beads...well, while I LOVE to make blooms they are really not my style of jewelry to wear. THIS IS DEFINATELY ME! I used Ivory, loads of silver leaf, raku frit, ocelot spots, clear , trans amber, and silvered ivory. Its 2 3/4" long...big acomplishment for me and my HH :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=204423&stc=1

StefaniBeads
01-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Wow, beautiful work everyone! :)

I'm inside from torching, need a little break. It's a great day for me, no wind blowing around on my patio to mess up my torch time. :cool:

Here's some more of the stuff I've been accumulating for a while:

Mr.Smiley
01-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Woohoie! :clap: I love show and tell! Always fun stuff to look at! :D

Here's a boro heart from me. I have a bunch to take pics of... I'm just not really in the mood. I'm taking high resolution pics for an upcoming Spotlight... a little birdie says I may finally get published- LOL :)

Now that I said something, it probably won't happen. Don't you just hate when you jinx yourself. :p

Have a great day all!!! :wave:

JoyceMI
01-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Lots of great stuff today!! I just love the Mrs. Booger beads though!! Awsome!! I love the second one the most.

Here are a few from me. First is red copper green, opal yellow and intense black. I am totally stumped on a name for them, I litterally sat for over an hour trying to come up with names. I may have to do a name the beads game in the lobby :wink2: .

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jan-2005/24298-cprgrn4szd.JPG

Next is called 'Sachet Mist' - monet frit and raku stringer.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jan-2005/24298-monet2szd.JPG

Last is another 'nameless set' in a pink frit set with some black and touches of silvered ivory which caused some yellow in spots. The yellow actually is not as intense as it looks in the pics for some reason.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jan-2005/24298-pinksszd.JPG

chocolatier
01-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Here's my new craze. But I am not happy with my photos. I still cannot seem to get them crisp. Or maybe you think they are just fine. Any comments always welcome.

Thanks, Linda G.

Lara
01-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Today I have pink. It is pink time on ebay, so time to use all that BE pink that I have bought over the year.

Lara

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jan-2005/10029-pink_set_cu_1.jpg

Tink
01-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Lovely way to start the day, you guys! :clap: Lisa, how DO you do such nice, symmetrical, size-matched sets????? Wow!

Here's my third Woodland Arbor experiment. I decided to go for some depth this time, so I melted a layer of leaves/flowers/branches flush, left some partly raised, then did a third layer crisp and raised on the surface.

And though it doesn't show up very clearly in the photo, the neck, lip wrap and handle bases are a mix of glass made to look "woody"...

It's the only thing I made yesterday. I totally ran out of energy all of a sudden. Hope to do better today :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jan-2005/10179-multiwoodarb.jpg

Tink
01-03-2005, 04:22 PM
I wanted to post a pic of one of John's darling little bowls here, too. I'm still working out the bugs related to taking photos of "big" glass, even though this isn't that large a piece.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jan-2005/10179-B00325.jpg

Mr.Smiley
01-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Tink - We must have the same bug. I'm at a couple of pieces a day max lately. What's up with my energy level? I just don't feel like doing any thing. ARG! I'm going to have to up my prices to compensate for lack of production- LOL

At least the one thing you made yesterday turned out nice. :D

Better luck today! So far I've made two beads and don't like either one... geez. Muse come home!!!!

bolimasa
01-03-2005, 06:33 PM
Today I have pink. It is pink time on ebay, so time to use all that BE pink that I have bought over the year.

Lara

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jan-2005/10029-pink_set_cu_1.jpg

I'm so glad to read that that is bullseye!!! When I first looked at the pic. all I could think was HOLY CRAP!, how did she use all that rubino with out getting any black specs in her glass! Especially with a hot head!
Lovely beads!

Allison Turner
01-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Oh my!! What wonderful eye candy today!! I must play!
:)
Dragons Nest and Earths Wonder...

dragonfoot
01-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Great start to a new year!! All the beads are great!!
Here is my start to a new year.....
These are all clear encased cubes of raku & sliver lake frit.
Up on the Bay now.

beachbeads
01-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Lots of great stuff today!! I just love the Mrs. Booger beads though!! Awsome!! I love the second one the most.

Here are a few from me. First is red copper green, opal yellow and intense black. I am totally stumped on a name for them, I litterally sat for over an hour trying to come up with names. I may have to do a name the beads game in the lobby :wink2: .

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jan-2005/24298-cprgrn4szd.JPG

Next is called 'Sachet Mist' - monet frit and raku stringer.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jan-2005/24298-monet2szd.JPG

Last is another 'nameless set' in a pink frit set with some black and touches of silvered ivory which caused some yellow in spots. The yellow actually is not as intense as it looks in the pics for some reason.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jan-2005/24298-pinksszd.JPG
They look like oyster gills to me. Very pretty beads.

LaurieNardo
01-03-2005, 07:41 PM
ok here goes, this is my second post, first one being in the newbie slot, ha. we will see if this works :wink2: still working on the photography n sizing, any suggestions more than welcome..thanks, and be kind, Laurie

JoyceMI
01-03-2005, 08:15 PM
They look like oyster gills to me. Very pretty beads.
LOL ........ Hmmmmmmmm...... I do see a resemblance in a couple of those beads there. I think I'll post a thread to name them in the lobby. I'll include yours in there for the choices. I'd like to see what others see. Could be interesting.

Lara
01-03-2005, 08:42 PM
I'm so glad to read that that is bullseye!!! When I first looked at the pic. all I could think was HOLY CRAP!, how did she use all that rubino with out getting any black specs in her glass! Especially with a hot head!
Lovely beads!

Thanks. :) Yeah, BE has some great pinks. I still get the black specs with the BE, but I think I don't as often because I'm more conscience of having to work way out in the flame, cause all the BE will soot up on me if too close to the torch head.

Would you believe I'm out of the transparent pink BE. EEEEEKKKK back to the glass store.

Lara

Pipyr
01-03-2005, 11:22 PM
WOW!! This has to be one of my favorite S&T's yet! :clap: Everything is gorgeous! I feel awfully silly posting my newbie vessels after all of this incredible work, but here it goes...

After about 20 hours on the torch, the first one is the piece I tortched late last night...the bottom is wound hollow right off the end of the mandrel with no anchor. :D I'm going for an "aged" look...the colors didn't work out very well for the look I was after, but I'm still happy with it.

The second one I created on Saturday and it is probably my favorite so far :clap: It really has the ancient thing happening the way I want it. :D

Thanks for sharing everyone!! Tons of eye candy today! :clap:

Your Newbie,
Mel

DebbieSue
01-03-2005, 11:26 PM
Lovely beads everyone! I especially love that purple and green dragons nest set... :clap:

I made some Valentine sets with dichroic glass.

Debbie